Osu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrissystar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well....

i called OSU to see if my OAT scores had arrived yet and i end up finding out that they've decided not to admit me.

here's the funny part:
they havent even RECEIVED my scores...

I had a TS350 and AA330.

I thought schools looked at your whole application?

Members don't see this ad.

:mad:

but i look at it this way.
OSU for out of state students is $44,000 USD a year... which is like 53,000CDN PER YEAR.

screw that.

Hey Chrissystar,

I am so surprised - you took the OAT in January and your scores still aren't there?!

Now I am getting really worried...my OAT isn't until February 22nd. So they will probably not be able to invite me for an interview until the end of March?!

If anyone has any other insight on how long scores take to reach schools please let us know. Good luck Chrissystar - things will work out for us!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, but regardless of whether the scores have arrived, they should have sitll given me the chance and at least LOOK at it...

and then make a decision.

i mean, i think i scored pretty well

Actually, my application for OSU was in the first week of January and I was invited for an interview in the end of January but my interview isn't until March. OSU interviews 6 per week so they fill up quickly. Don't expect an interview soon.

That's too bad they didn't look at your scores. I do know that their class is getting full, and they are rolling admissions...You can start applying in June or July and applying in January or February puts you at a very large disadvantage at OSU.

Just to clarify a few things for other SDN people, you can get in state tuition after the first year at OSU and that is 16k/yr which is much much cheaper than most schools...It probably ends up being cheaper in the end than many of the schools out there. Not to mention the living expenses in Columbus--my boyfriend and I share an apartment a block away from the opto school and we pay $335/month. That means I pay $167.50/month for rent! Also, 330AA and 350TS is about average at OSU, so if you need your scores to help you stand out, you may want to shoot for scores above this. These are GREAT scores, don't get me wrong, but they won't make you stand out at OSU.

$44,000?? I didn't see those numbers. From OSU's website it did say that the tuition is $16,227 and that out of state students pay an additional $9,139 per quarter their first year. So that works out to about $23,000 a year over four years. Just about the same as most schools but a little on the low side if I am reading their website correctly.

Would you mind my asking what your undergrad GPA was like? Those OAT scores aren't amazing but they aren't bad by any means.

copied and pasted from teh website

$ 14,798 (Resident)
$ 44,394 (Non-Resident)

around 3.3

The OSU website, as well as all the paperwork OSU gave me after being accepted indicates:

Ohio Resident (rank 1): $16,227
Non-Resident (rank 1): $43,644 ($9,139 per quarter surcharge)*

*In-state tuition after 1st year

Theavrock is correct that this ends up averaging to about $23,000/yr over four years if you get in-state tuition after the first year.

I just finished my app to OSU. How long does it usually take for them to get back to you to say whether or not you got an interview?

osu will not review your file until they've received all transcripts and if they get sent to the wrong office, it takes at least 2 extra weeks. For me, it took about 4 weeks to hear from them because of this. I was annoyed. I can't imagine that interviews will be available before April.

Does anyone have specific OSU advice? My interview is in a few weeks and its the only school I've applied to. I have read the interview feedback, but does anyone else have input? I'd really appreciate some advice!

when is your interview? Mine is March 2nd....I hope they still have seats left and I'm not interviewing for waitlist! Anyone heard anything from them lately?

If anyone has any other insight on how long scores take to reach schools please let us know. Good luck Chrissystar - things will work out for us!

Thanks!

when I took the OATs, they told me to expect the schools to recieve them within 3 weeks. I think this will be written somewhere when you register for the OATs as well. All they do is just post it on a website for the school to download, which i would think would be alot faster. For me, it was near 3 weeks (about 2 1/2 weeks) before the schools got my scores.

my interview is 3/15 so I'm even more nervous about available seats! I do know that they interview 6 per week. You could call or e-mail and ask if there are still spots left, share the info! and I'll be looking for your post after 3/2!

anyone need a roommate at OSU for next year? i found these really really nice apartments called South Campus Gateway and its less than a mile from the opt. school.

letme know!

My OSU interview is next week, I think I'm going to have an anxiety attack. Any last-minute suggestions? This is my first (and only) interview.

Sorry i have no help to offer...I canceled my interview due to an ice storm. My best advice is to practice with real questions. Be informed about the profession...you may want to know the relevant laws in your state or Ohio. And relax, they will put you at ease. You will be fine!
why is this your only school? Are you Ohio resident?
Best of luck...let us know how it goes!

Sorry i have no help to offer...I canceled my interview due to an ice storm. My best advice is to practice with real questions. Be informed about the profession...you may want to know the relevant laws in your state or Ohio. And relax, they will put you at ease. You will be fine!
why is this your only school? Are you Ohio resident?
Best of luck...let us know how it goes!
yes, I'm a resident and I just don't want to have more than double the student loans so in the end I decided against applying to neco, ico, pco, ico, and suny as I had originally planned- I hope this wasn't a mistake!