OT: Everything NFL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I don't see us agreeing on much of anything :p

I'm a Steelers fan. I just want the Ravens to lose so the Steelers still have a remote shot at winning the div. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a Steelers fan. I just want the Ravens to lose so the Steelers still have a remote shot at winning the div. :smuggrin:

I think I dislike the Steelers right now more than the Giants. That OT loss last night was just saddening..

Members don't see this ad :)
In light of the MNF game tonight, I would like to remind everyone of th-

PGwZY.gif

phenomenal choking by the steelers, bad playcalling by haley to play for the FG at the end there, bad call by tomlin to attempt the FG kick, can't blame the kicker for not being able to make that from 50+ on the open end (though that shank earlier was BS), and then a great series by the D only to have Ben put them right back on the field by throwing an idiot pick at midfield.

that really nicely sums up the season. up and down but ultimately down.

can't call for haley's head yet after one season, but....

Sad. I was hoping they would beat Cincy.

Back to Back AFC North Division Champs...what whatttt :cool:

And we actually played like we meant it tonight. Phew. :rolleyes:

need to update the picture of the NYGiants hats...

probably 75% off now.

The last time the Giants looked so bad in back to back games was the first 2 games of 2007.

That was embarrassing (again).

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Giants are out of the playoffs (yay!), Texans dropped to 3rd (yay!), Pats secured a first week bye and homefield advantage in the 2nd round of the playoffs (YAYAYAYAAY!!). They also finally played more like the team they used to be. The only thing that could've made it better was if Peyton lost. Oh well. I'm hoping it will be Pats and Broncos in the SuperBowl! That would be exciting

Members don't see this ad :)
Yesterday was a pretty good day. Giants are out of the playoffs (yay!), Texans dropped to 3rd (yay!), Pats secured a first week bye and homefield advantage in the 2nd round of the playoffs (YAYAYAYAAY!!). They also finally played more like the team they used to be. The only thing that could've made it better was if Peyton lost. Oh well. I'm hoping it will be Pats and Broncos in the SuperBowl! That would be exciting

Erm...it can't be Pats Broncos in the Superbowl. They're both AFC.

Erm...it can't be Pats Broncos in the Superbowl. They're both AFC.

Oh well, I'm not superfan. Maybe someday I'll understand everything about football, but probably not.

Hail to the Redskins, Hail Victoryyyy :)

Although the number of "fair weather fans" is pretty annoying:thumbdown:

I'm on the Skins bandwagon for the postseason.

Mostly because they seem like a good likeable group of guys, and secondarily because it pisses off Ravens fans the most. :)

Bengals-Redskins or bust!!!

I'm on the Skins bandwagon for the postseason.

Mostly because they seem like a good likeable group of guys, and secondarily because it pisses off Ravens fans the most. :)

Bengals-Redskins or bust!!!

Love you too nyanko!

17 years and #52's last day playing in M&T Bank Stadium.

58195_10151219961591229_1032651852_n.jpg

How did I know you'd be the first to comment? :p

While a Super Bowl win would be amazing for Ray's last ride, right now I just want this win. Last home game ever for the man who has been with us since the beginning. And against the Colts? Yes please.

(andiknowyoursecret!!!!)

Turned on the redskins -seattle game with my wife, and even my wife (who doesnt follow football) was saying, "why is RGIII still playing so obviously injured" (and yes even she knows RGIII). I had no answer.

A few plays later, felt like I watched a traffic accident.

Haven't seen any reports but I am guessing surgery=RGIII never the same player.

Good job focusing on the short term and perhaps destroying your franchise rookie QB. Who didn't see that coming?

Turned on the redskins -seattle game with my wife, and even my wife (who doesnt follow football) was saying, "why is RGIII still playing so obviously injured" (and yes even she knows RGIII). I had no answer.

A few plays later, felt like I watched a traffic accident.

Haven't seen any reports but I am guessing surgery=RGIII never the same player.

Good job focusing on the short term and perhaps destroying your franchise rookie QB. Who didn't see that coming?

QB coach and Offensive coord. are just as much to blame for that move. Cousins should have been playing the whole time.

To be honest, I'd bet that RG3 played a big role in his continued presence in the game. I think he wanted to stay in- one of the interviews in the (Washington) Post quoted him as saying he was the best option, that's why he was starting. Which is probably one of the few times he'd made himself look like an idiot. Playing hurt only hurts your team.

I get that it was a big game and he wanted to play. But Cousins could have gotten something going if he'd been put in when RG3 re-hurt himself in the first quarter.

Bottom line: It was selfish of RG3 to insist on continuing to play when he was clearly no where near his full capacity. It was stupid of Shanahan to let him continue to play when he was clearly just hurting the team. It was just pure rude to Cousins to toss him in at the end and let him get smacked around. Unfortunately, thus is the nature of being a Skins fan, as Nyanko points out. Bad decisions all around.

To be honest, I'd bet that RG3 played a big role in his continued presence in the game. I think he wanted to stay in- one of the interviews in the (Washington) Post quoted him as saying he was the best option, that's why he was starting. Which is probably one of the few times he'd made himself look like an idiot. Playing hurt only hurts your team.

I get that it was a big game and he wanted to play. But Cousins could have gotten something going if he'd been put in when RG3 re-hurt himself in the first quarter.

Bottom line: It was selfish of RG3 to insist on continuing to play when he was clearly no where near his full capacity. It was stupid of Shanahan to let him continue to play when he was clearly just hurting the team. It was just pure rude to Cousins to toss him in at the end and let him get smacked around. Unfortunately, thus is the nature of being a Skins fan, as Nyanko points out. Bad decisions all around.
Speculation that it is a torn ACL (he did this once before). That is not a good sign.

Shanahan et al may have done the Giants and the rest of the NFC East a huge favor.

I definitely agree with all of that, but overall I still have to be satisfied with their season. No one expected them to get as far as they did. Although it does suck to think of how far they could have gotten had RG3 been completely healthy. But hey, at least for once the franchise seems to be heading in the right direction..

That makes me have this image of a small child stomping around and whining because he doesn't want to leave...and the parents letting him get away with it.

Yeah, the did have a great season, no knocking that.

SOV, I dunno. I think Cousins has a lot of potential.

That makes me have this image of a small child stomping around and whining because he doesn't want to leave...and the parents letting him get away with it.

Yep. Maybe naively, I thought he was above that self-centered stuff and cared more about the team winning than his own personal glory. And don't get me wrong, he's a great player but who exactly does he think he is to pull of some crazy miracle win hobbling along on one leg? The smart move would have been to put Cousins in- he may be less of a superstar than RG3 but the dude is capable, he's proven that.

That's like what it was like watching him play in college. He was the biggest whiny baby.

According to the (Washington) Post, he went under at 7am today to repair the LCL and ACL (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...54c6f8-59ee-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html)

Assuming his knee won't ever the be the same and that his ability to rush will be reduced to pretty much nothing, with the knee + timidity by the coaches after effing up so royally. Too bad for such a talented guy:(

That's like what it was like watching him play in college. He was the biggest whiny baby.

Sounds...awesome. That behaviour makes me think he should still be in elementary school. (And eek he was born in 1990?)

This is basically what Big Ben Rapeypants does every time he's injured.

Big Ben whines quite a bit, but at least he (the coaches) was (were) smart enough to not let him play when his ribs were broken and about to puncture his lung....:rolleyes:

According to the (Washington) Post, he went under at 7am today to repair the LCL and ACL (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...54c6f8-59ee-11e2-88d0-c4cf65c3ad15_story.html)

Assuming his knee won't ever the be the same and that his ability to rush will be reduced to pretty much nothing, with the knee + timidity by the coaches after effing up so royally. Too bad for such a talented guy:(

I don't wish injury on anyone, and he was quite a starting QB, but his rookie status sure showed in that game. His leg was bound up like no tomorrow. In my opinion, after the Ravens game, he should have been out for the season (And uh...Cousins also proved his worth in that game against us...sob). Why would you mess with your career like that, esp. when you are just starting out? Yeah it's the playoffs, but i'm sure you'll be there again at some point in your career.
That article says the union is looking into the situation? Def. support that move.

IMO even Sizzle came back too early for his partial ACL tear after months and months of recovery, and after 3 games back, he's sore. Hopefully he either plays lightly in Denver, or magically gets 100% better before then...

Cousins isn't bad for a rookie and honestly, I think RG3 only hurt us in that game after getting hurt.

I think the NFL is full of people that feel that they have to play hurt, either through pride or worry that their teammates will look down on them/think they're wimps. I can't remember if it was Marshawn Lynch or Jones-Drew who said in an interview that they'd try to fake their way through a concussion test just so they could keep playing. A knee isn't the equivalent of a head/brain, but still...

I don't really understand the coaches involved in these decisions....

Giants fans have been on the coaching staff all year for playing hurt players who were clearly unable to perform as well as a back-up would have/did (Nicks, Bradshaw, Diehl etc).

Even when their careers aren't on the line, NFL head coaches are too stuck in sticking with what they are comfortable with.

It was pretty obvious to everyone but RGIII, Shanahan and the rest of the coaching staff that RGIII shouldn't have been out there.

This is like watching a tennis match. Back and forth and back and forth....ugh. :scared: