OT: Fitness 2.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just don't. :laugh:

I think I'm still logged in on my parent's laptop from when I was between my old and my new laptops. I tried to figure it out for like 20 minutes then gave up. I don't bother logging out on my laptop, though.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I'm still logged in on my parent's laptop from when I was between my old and my new laptops. I tried to figure it out for like 20 minutes then gave up. I don't bother logging out on my laptop, though.

Rofl it's just in the top right corner when you click your picture... it says "sign out" though, not log out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lost 5 lbs, gettin' my groove back. Woohoo! :D

Fitocracy does not want to calculate points on my workout today

Brought my bike here from home. Once I purchase a helmet... WATCH OUT. :smuggrin:

Last edited:
My bike needs wheels. D: They were stolen last year...

I've been so lazy recently, it's just so hot to motivate me to do cardio.

Hahaha, I worked out for an hour and 40 minutes yesterday. Cardio done? 11.5 minutes on a stationary bike. Why? Cardio just sounded awful.

I have been trying really, really hard to get my butt to the gym, and I am being rewarded by faster mile times, sore muscles from weights, and losing 4lbs! Wooooohoooo!

Nice! Good job!

I was really hoping the physical work at my new job would help me lose weight. I haven't weighed myself but I don't think I look any different. All that biking for nothing. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep it up PP!

Whyevernot, I am trying to get back into my gym routine. Went M and T, today it is closed. Right now I like the weights, but need to do more cardio. I might have to bust out my bike today.

I put cleaning stalls for work for 8 hours as other cardio. Would that count? ;)

1 thing I learned today: Don't put off doing your insanity workout until 11pm. Just don't.

Also, I really wish fitocracy would have the popular video workouts on there. I have been logging my insanity workouts (all 3 of them so far) under other cardio but I feel like it doesn't give enough points for how hard of a workout it is. :(

They DON'T have the popular vid workouts?! That's crap. They really need to.

And Insanity is so NOT just cardio! It's one hard ass workout! Wish I could afford it right now. I really want to start it. :D

And on to the reason I came on here:

I picked up all 5 discs for Turbo Jam for $5 at the Salvation Army today(in original cases)! Plan to start tomorrow!

They DON'T have the popular vid workouts?! That's crap. They really need to.

And Insanity is so NOT just cardio! It's one hard ass workout! Wish I could afford it right now. I really want to start it. :D

And on to the reason I came on here:

I picked up all 5 discs for Turbo Jam for $5 at the Salvation Army today(in original cases)! Plan to start tomorrow!

I might have gotten it for free ;)

So what's everyone been doing? I've been pretty lazy outside of work because work was enough physical activity for me, but once school starts again, I want to go to the gym again regularly.

I've been rather lazy the past week or so and it's upsetting me. I took a week off from CrossFit because my shoulders were bothering me and my mom threw something out there about rotator cuffs. So naturally, I start freaking out. They would hurt doing random things like wiping off a table at work, or carrying cat carriers. And it wasn't like a sore muscle pain. I tried to make myself go run, which I did like once, so that was a fail as well. Went back to the gym the first time Thursday and died. I really need to go this week because Hero Week starts next week and I want to be able to put more effort into it.

I have been beyond lazy for the month of July. I am going to try to go to the gym today. Doesn't the challenge start today? I don't want to get behind.

I had been doing really well, then I took a little break. We are moving this weekend - my BF into a new apt here, and me to Oklahoma - so I spent yesterday carrying and lifting and packing and climbing SO MANY STAIRS I wanted to die. We were on the 1st floor - his new place is on the 3rd floor. And they are tiny, twisty, stupid little stairs, so it's like a tetris game. My calves are dead today. And today we packed all MY stuff.

Swimming is awesome. I'm kind of sad I don't really do it more, but I get lazy if I attempt on my own. I don't have the discipline. I need a coach. .

Join a master's team! I joined a center city group about a month ago and LOVE it. I'm in one of the slowest lanes and am only just not wanting to puke all practice. (And I swam competitively in HS, so I'm not a complete snail compared to normal people. Just a lot of ripped triathletes!)

Last edited:
Join a master's team! I joined a center city group about a month ago and LOVE it. I'm in one of the slowest lanes and am only just not wanting to puke all practice.

And back on topic... I am far too lazy to log all of my workouts right now. Maybe tomorrow? I joined fitocracy recently and only have one friend there.

Did you join the SDN pre-vet group?

Join a master's team! I joined a center city group about a month ago and LOVE it. I'm in one of the slowest lanes and am only just not wanting to puke all practice. (And I swam competitively in HS, so I'm not a complete snail compared to normal people. Just a lot of ripped triathletes!)

How much does it cost? That might be something I'd look into. I'm so out of swimming shape though. A 25 fly kills me and I used to swim the 100 fly in high school and at the club level in college. :laugh:

How much does it cost? That might be something I'd look into. I'm so out of swimming shape though. A 25 fly kills me and I used to swim the 100 fly in high school and at the club level in college. :laugh:

$100/quarter for coaching 4x/week during the school year and 6x/week during the summer (1.5 hour practices).

And I did join fitocracy! It's almost enough to make me go do my 14 mile run today instead of pushing it off to tomorrow. But my knee is aching and I need a good run!

I'm going to start swimming again tomorrow and am more than a tad nervous. I mean...I can swim and was on a team as a kid, but it's been a long time since I actually swam laps. Any good suggestions for getting started?

And if I enjoy it like I think I will, I'm going to join the Master's Team 'cause they swim in the same pool, and I think that will push me more. Glad to know you suggest it!

I'm going to start swimming again tomorrow and am more than a tad nervous. I mean...I can swim and was on a team as a kid, but it's been a long time since I actually swam laps. Any good suggestions for getting started?

And if I enjoy it like I think I will, I'm going to join the Master's Team 'cause they swim in the same pool, and I think that will push me more. Glad to know you suggest it!

Maybe do more drill work to brush up on technique to be more efficient. Also, make sure you start with a good warm up and cool down. I think doing longer sets vs. more sprint like sets can be a personal preference. If you're not used to the distance, the longer sets will tire you out, but allow you to stretch out more. The shorter, sprint sets will definitely give you the cardio workout.

Maybe do more drill work to brush up on technique to be more efficient. Also, make sure you start with a good warm up and cool down. I think doing longer sets vs. more sprint like sets can be a personal preference. If you're not used to the distance, the longer sets will tire you out, but allow you to stretch out more. The shorter, sprint sets will definitely give you the cardio workout.

Thanks! I think I'll just try to get into a rhythm and see what happens, but I hadn't thought about throwing some sprints in the middle. That's a great idea.

I've been following, and I joined! (I'm lelalu on there) Don't be concerned about my early start, I have a hard time finding motivation to do things during the week. Hopefully this will encourage me to step out of my "cycling" box as well.

So I gave up on insanity :oops: It was a little too intense for me. I think I need to get in better shape first. I found a plan online that works you up to doing more and more cardio that I am going to try. I did the first workout today and it was a little too easy so I threw some plank variations to work my core more. I'm still feeling like it wasn't enough so I might do some yoga tonight. I've really been wanting to get into yoga. I've never done it but the meditation and stretching sound like they are what I need.

So I gave up on insanity :oops: It was a little too intense for me. I think I need to get in better shape first. I found a plan online that works you up to doing more and more cardio that I am going to try. I did the first workout today and it was a little too easy so I threw some plank variations to work my core more. I'm still feeling like it wasn't enough so I might do some yoga tonight. I've really been wanting to get into yoga. I've never done it but the meditation and stretching sound like they are what I need.
Try adding in some 80s workout videos from youtube too. I like "8 minute Abs" and "Buns of Steel."

Biggest loser makes some great workout videos that have a variety of levels. They explain the tough version, but there are modifications for just starting out. (plus the head coach is HOT).

Phillilab: You will have so much fun! Swimming is my favorite; the only reason I stopped competing was because my shoulders were taking far too much damage and I want a lifetime of healthy fitness.

Phillilab: You will have so much fun! Swimming is my favorite; the only reason I stopped competing was because my shoulders were taking far too much damage and I want a lifetime of healthy fitness.

Ugh so true. I'm convinced that's partially why I'm having shoulder problems now. Swimming competitively for 14 years has to have done some damage, right? Although I didn't swim too much my senior year. Depression and a heavy course load kept me pretty busy. Also I felt the water got too cold because I lost a ton of weight that year cause of the stress. I need my insulation! :laugh:

Wahoo!!
I made myself run. Didn't feel that great on it. I think I'm a bit stiff from my CrossFit class on Thursday still. So to make myself feel like I was getting a better workout I would sprint for sections of it.

Good job! Yeah I have been so lazy lately, so it felt nice to work out.

Wow, you all make me look REALLY bad! :laugh: I've only been going for 30-60 minute walks. Been averaging 5 times a week. Started throwing some short jogging stints in there once in a while. I jog for like 1 minute and feel like I'm going to die. :scared: The 70 extra pounds could have something to do with that. :cool:

I've been eating healthier though! And not feeling like death after work anymore. Now I just need to get unlazy enough to clean my dang house!

Wow, you all make me look REALLY bad! :laugh: I've only been going for 30-60 minute walks. Been averaging 5 times a week. Started throwing some short jogging stints in there once in a while. I jog for like 1 minute and feel like I'm going to die. :scared: The 70 extra pounds could have something to do with that. :cool:

I've been eating healthier though! And not feeling like death after work anymore. Now I just need to get unlazy enough to clean my dang house!

Maybe after a couple more weeks try the Couch to 5K program. Its great, and starts you off real slowly :)

As for me, I've been so slack. My life has consisted of nothing but work, clinic prac and being sick, so I really need to get back into it. I fit into none of my clothes and I weigh 15kg more than when I met my bf (2 years ago! :scared:). I really need to get my butt into gear!

Just found out that the pool I have access to on campus for free is closed when I get off work. And it doesn't open in the morning early enough for me to go before work. Bummed! Now I have to wait until the semester starts to get a membership to the good gym that has normal pool hours. Just hate putting off a new exercise program when I'm psyched to get started. :(

Guess it'll have to be traditional, boring exercise until then. :cool:

I want to start the C25K maybe this week already. I know it'd probably be smarted to wait until I feel a bit better with my breathing, but I think we got it figured out. We put some new walls into the house downstairs, which is where I have the most trouble breathing. No problems up in my room where nothing was done (well, a door put in but no sandpapering was done, which we think is the problem).

And I think anxiety might be a part of it and working out has always helped with that.

And C25K starts slow enough that I think I'll be able to do it.

:cool:

PP, I downloaded Get Running, which is a C25K plan. I like it. British lady just tells you what to do.

Today I am sore.

You are 1000 steps ahead of anyone still sitting on the couch!

That's what I tell myself when I have a bad run and end up walking much of it. I'm outside appreciating the fresh air and getting my blood pumping around. At the end of the day, that's what matters.

Plus walking can actually be great exercise if you push yourself hard enough. You want to break a sweat!!!