OT: Fitness 2.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Of the SDN group, there are very few of us actually using fitocracy. What happened?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not working out anymore, that's what happened. :laugh: As soon as I get settled into the semester again, I want to go to the gym.

Of the SDN group, there are very few of us actually using fitocracy. What happened?

I've been slacking a lot lately. I'm trying to get back in a routine. Going to the gym today so look for a workout from me. I have a really hard time coming up with workouts for myself in regards to weights so it makes me not want to go as much even though I need to.

Members don't see this ad :)
i went to a running store today :) I finally got around to asking what they thought of my weird ankle issues. the guy was SUPER nice and we spent about 40 minutes going over shoes, fittings, pronation, orthotics, etc. As it turns out, without meaning to do it, I bought the right type of running shoes for my feet. We decided on orthotics to see if better foot support does the trick. Certainly feels better already just walking around!

I learned a lot about feet today - makes me extra grateful my patients have paws!! Lucy and I will give C25K another shot when we get back to 85 and sunny next week :D

I'm a lot lazier than I remember being before I stopped going to the gym. Haha This is embarrassing.

I'm a lot lazier than I remember being before I stopped going to the gym. Haha This is embarrassing.

I've completely gotten lazy! Other than walking the dog a few times a week, I haven't done a darn thing exercise related. (except at work, but that doesn't count)

I also just realized how lazy I've been lately too. I hate how much I let go of my gym routine because of vet school. I'm trying to get back into the hang of things, but I just really hate doing workouts at the gym and can't really afford the CrossFit gym downtown. I get super bored and can't find a way to make it fun. I miss my CrossFit gym at home. =(

I am juuuuuust starting to get back into exercising after a month of being in the grip of a dire case of the flu. It was only last week that I started to be able to do any exercise without collapsing, gasping for air. I hate being sick for weeks on end; it's so hard to bounce back.

I am juuuuuust starting to get back into exercising after a month of being in the grip of a dire case of the flu. It was only last week that I started to be able to do any exercise without collapsing, gasping for air. I hate being sick for weeks on end; it's so hard to bounce back.

Meeee too! I'd rather have it really bad for a couple three days than to have it drag on for weeks.

Got a cramp in my calf during the running yesterday and told myself it'd just go away. Biked 5 miles after that and was mostly ok. Just tired. This morning my body definitely told me what it thought of me.. it hurt like hell.

Shaun T's T-25 is coming out! Who's doing it with me! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Six weeks into Stronglifts 5x5 here. I'm also redoing C25k and I'm on week 3. Planning to run the 5k (my first ever) portion of the PEI Marathon in October.

Started the new T-25 workout. Defiinitely fun! And you definitely feel the burn in only 25 minutes. Holy cow! :eek: :D

This girl's gonna be hawt in 2 months! :naughty:

Well, that above post obviously isn't going to pan out. Stupid ACL. :laugh:

BUT, I just got cleared to start doing some rehabbing before surgery! I am starting up a Fitness Challenge Group on facebook, if anyone is interested. Recipes, tips, ACCOUNTABILITY! Hoping to get quite a few people involved, so we can keep the momentum going! I, for one, do not want to be making the same new years resolutions in 2014, that I made this year. Message me for more details!

Beautiful morning for a run today... Got about 0.5 miles into my run and killed my ankle on a pine cone :( I hobbled home with a sprained ankle and injured pride. Hurts pretty bad.

I'm starting Insanity next Wed (hopefully it'll arrive that day). So pumped to get ripped!

So, I think I sprained my ankle a lot worse than I originally anticipated... I am going on week two and it still hurts (not as bad) and I am still sporting the brace. Ugh, I may have to hit up the doc next week. I am so ready to get back into my runs :(

Signed up for a 10k run and am now trying to find a training plan to use for it. Also taking pole dancing classes with some classmates thanks to a Groupon deal. Last night was our first class and it was pretty entertaining.

Reactions: 1 user
I started the Focus T25 workout series last week. So far so good :) it is short enough to where I can get up and do it in the morning before the start of my day. Down 4lbs :)

I signed up for the Crossfit Open. Does anyone else on here do Crossfit? Lol I'm obsessed.

I started the Focus T25 workout series last week. So far so good :) it is short enough to where I can get up and do it in the morning before the start of my day. Down 4lbs :)

I <3 T25! I'm on my last week of Alpha and already thinking about buying Gamma. I think I've actually gotten more results from 4 weeks of T25 than 60 days of Insanity :confused:

I signed up for the Crossfit Open. Does anyone else on here do Crossfit? Lol I'm obsessed.

I want to try it but I'm intimidated. If I live in Ithaca I might check out the Crossfit Pallas. It opened only 2-3 years ago, I think. My crossfit-obsessed friend keeps egging me on to try it.

Signed up for a 10k run and am now trying to find a training plan to use for it. Also taking pole dancing classes with some classmates thanks to a Groupon deal. Last night was our first class and it was pretty entertaining.

I started taking pole classes too!
We've had two classes so far and I really like it. I'm also going to hot yoga tonight!

I want to try it but I'm intimidated. If I live in Ithaca I might check out the Crossfit Pallas. It opened only 2-3 years ago, I think. My crossfit-obsessed friend keeps egging me on to try it.
You should definitely check it out. Don't be intimidated Crossfit is a great community and everyone is always willing to help.

I do when I'm home. Unfortunately I can't afford it during school, but I take WODs and alter them a little to do at the school gym.
Yea that's what I'm worried about if I get into vet school. I don't know what I would do without Crossfit but I know I won't be able to afford it.

You should definitely check it out. Don't be intimidated Crossfit is a great community and everyone is always willing to help.

Yea that's what I'm worried about if I get into vet school. I don't know what I would do without Crossfit but I know I won't be able to afford it.

I would honestly do what I do. I did a trial at a gym that I found to be one of the cheaper/closer ones to campus and it was still $150 for 3x a week. I either take their WODs or get one from the WOD shop or my box at home and just do them at the school gym. I usually can't do them in a circuit like you would normally do because you have to fight for equipment, but I do what I can. Thank god our school gym just got some kettlebells because swinging heavier dumbbells is slightly awkward due to the balance. Only bummer is that the heaviest kettlebell is only 45lbs.

Last year was rough for me though. I went from going to my Crossfit gym like 4-5x a week to quitting pretty much cold turkey. The week before orientation was actually our Hero week so I had done 7 really intense workouts that previous week. I lost all my muscle within a semester and I'm still trying to get it back like a year later.

I <3 T25! I'm on my last week of Alpha and already thinking about buying Gamma. I think I've actually gotten more results from 4 weeks of T25 than 60 days of Insanity :confused:

My all time favorite workout program! :love: I wish I could do P90X3 right now. I really want to compare the two! (knee still healing from surgery :( )

*Bump* Because I just finished the Alpha Program of T25 :soexcited: Now on to Beta!