OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's cool that you two met! What did you guys do?

We got food and chillaxed at this awesome local spot, it was a bit crowded but had a nice fun ambiance to it. He got a sangria and I was sipping some beer. Talked about you, guys.

Members don't see this ad.

We got food and chillaxed at this awesome local spot, it was a bit crowded but had a nice fun ambiance to it. He got a sangria and I was sipping some beer. Talked about you, guys.

How fun! :)

After we all join your ranks as pharm students, we should organize an Off Topic Thread group meeting LMAO and then we can sip sangria together (except for me, I will be DD)

Members don't see this ad :)
The forum sure is slow today...is there something going on that I am missing? Hmmm.

I was supposed to hang out with a friend right now and later on I'm helping with my school's interviews. But my friend didn't show up and didn't call while I waited. Super weird. :cool:

How are you ? Any special plans ?

I was supposed to hang out with a friend right now and later on I'm helping with my school's interviews. But my friend didn't show up and didn't call while I waited. Super weird. :cool:

How are you ? Any special plans ?

Nah, it has been a loooong week and I still have to work over the weekend. My biochem test was hella easy so I am not so stressed anymore. My gf and I have hardly seen each other this week because she works/goes to school all day and I work all day then go to school in the evening. By the time we both get home, we are too exhausted to do anything. It SUX! I dunno, maybe I'll get a massage or a facial this weekend. I certainly need it. What about you?

Did you have a massive amount or something? Your house doesn't have a recycling bin?

We did have a massive amount, yeah... unfortunately since I live in a condo they don't have curbside pickup, have to actually carry it to the parking lot of a nearby church where the city sets up a huge dumpster Fri/Sat... they're technically open until noon on Saturday, but pretty much if you're not there before 10, the bins are completely full and you're out of luck. I think we had about 3 weeks worth of soda cans/beer bottles/pizza boxes/frozen dinners/etc. :scared:

I don't think I like what that says about the kind of lifestyle I lead...

We did have a massive amount, yeah... unfortunately since I live in a condo they don't have curbside pickup, have to actually carry it to the parking lot of a nearby church where the city sets up a huge dumpster Fri/Sat... they're technically open until noon on Saturday, but pretty much if you're not there before 10, the bins are completely full and you're out of luck. I think we had about 3 weeks worth of soda cans/beer bottles/pizza boxes/frozen dinners/etc. :scared:

I don't think I like what that says about the kind of lifestyle I lead...

I think you're cool becaue you go out of your way to recycle stuff. :thumbup:

I remember the days of frozen dinners, soda cans, pizza boxes in undergrad. I know how much it can suck having to eat on the run all the time!

Anyway, please allow the Banana Youkai to entertain you while we all wait for the official report.

banana_youkai-1.gif

bump!!

Tink and Kmoogs...how did your interviews go?! Spill it!!

It was fun and everything went well :love:

But I think I goofed on my interview part, too nervous and my mind went blank at times :eek: :( I guess I'll find out in a month or so ...

It was fun and everything went well :love:

But I think I goofed on my interview part, too nervous and my mind went blank at times :eek: :( I guess I'll find out in a month or so ...

That happened to me during my Minnesota interview. It sucks! Well, I really hope you get in! Got my fingers crossed for you :) ::xf::

Members don't see this ad :)
That happened to me during my Minnesota interview. It sucks! Well, I really hope you get in! Got my fingers crossed for you :) ::xf::

Thanks! I'm rooting for you too :D :highfive:

Just picked up a sweet meal from this hole in the wall turkish deli in SF. Yum. Trying to decide what to do tonight ... where to wander without getting mugged or shot lol...

Not much, just chillin. Booked my trip to Europe yesterday. Ill be going to Amsterdam, Paris and London for 10 days. I'll be in Paris for Bastille day!

Lucky! You gonna upload some pics to us? I am so jealous.

Just picked up a sweet meal from this hole in the wall turkish deli in SF. Yum. Trying to decide what to do tonight ... where to wander without getting mugged or shot lol...

Ask chebs to give you some ideas! Steer clear of haight-ashbury (spl) district at night LOL

Just picked up a nice pizza, the wife just popped in Star Trek on Blu-Ray, I have a six pack of Amber Bock... gonna be a good night

Star Trek is f-in awesome. It is my favorite show EVER. Did you see all of the series? I had a super crush on Picard, Dr. Crusher, 7 of 9, and Capt. Janeway. I also liked Dax from DS9.

Lucky! You gonna upload some pics to us? I am so jealous.

Ask chebs to give you some ideas! Steer clear of haight-ashbury (spl) district at night LOL

Oh for sure. I'm ordering my dSLR sometime in the next month or so. I'll have some awesome quality and hopefully creative pictures posted up somewhere.

Well, it is an awesome place, but by yourself at night I am not so sure. There were some real creepsters down there at night. Of course, maybe I am just a scaredy :scared: but I swear I got offered drugs like 5 times in the course of my evening.

Cause you're a girl :laugh: j/k :)

There's no reason to approach a guy at night unless 1. you know him, 2. you're going to mug him 3. you're going to mug him then laugh at him

edit: I found that Haight-Ashbury had a lot of character last night

Cause you're a girl :laugh: j/k :)

There's no reason to approach a guy at night unless 1. you know him, 2. you're going to mug him 3. you're going to mug him then laugh at him

That is a completely relevant point. Guys have it so much easier sometimes. Anyway, there are some cool bong shops/smoke down there, rastafari stuff and some dives you can check out. Of course, I haven't been there in like 8 years, so they might have better stuff.

EDIT: check this out http://www.sfchron.com/neighborhoods/sf/haight/

EDIT X2: Go to chinatown LOL

Star Trek is f-in awesome. It is my favorite show EVER. Did you see all of the series? I had a super crush on Picard, Dr. Crusher, 7 of 9, and Capt. Janeway. I also liked Dax from DS9.

I had a huuuge crush on Dr. Crusher when I was younger. My guilty pleasure is that I get to watch TNG since the wife falls asleep around 11:40 PM like clockwork. I stay up and watch with the volume down. :love:

Oh of course, I was really into TNG when I was younger, but as I got older the more DS9 has become my favorite. Been meaning to buy that series for years.

Tryin' to get the wife into it, I had to drag her to the movie in May and it is now like one of her Top 5 movies. Got her to watch Star Trek IV 2-3 months ago and she liked that. Maybe I have a chance.... lol

So apparently, talking to a girl I don't even know without getting nervous is considered brave, because that's what I did tonight :D

She was cute too, but I'm not sure if she's dating the guy who was hanging out with her and her girl friend.

So apparently, talking to a girl I don't even know without getting nervous is considered brave, because that's what I did tonight :D

She was cute too, but I'm not sure if she's dating the guy who was hanging out with her and her girl friend.

:thumbup:

As long as you don't peen around with your classmates, you are in the good zone.

IADAIAP

Did you guys see this, adorable:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDARfDJw80s[/YOUTUBE]

lea-

Arizona speed cameras incite a mini revolt
latimes.com — Since Arizona began enforcing speed limits with roadside cameras, motorists are raging against the machines: They have blocked out the lenses with Post-it notes or Silly String. During the Christmas holidays, they covered the cameras with boxes, complete with wrapping paper. One dissenting citizen went after a camera with a pick ax.

The most high-profile protester has been Dave VonTesmar, who has achieved statewide fame through his efforts to fight the tickets with a monkey mask. The 47-year-old flight attendant has allegedly sped past the cameras at least 40 times.

Amid empty soda cans on the floor of his white station wagon are various rubber disguises, including the famous monkey mask, a Frankenstein, koala, panda bear and a ghost mask that glows in the dark.

So far, four of VonTesmar's cases have been dismissed, and he's been found responsible for seven. The remaining 29 are pending, said VonTesmar's attorney, Michael Kielsky.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-na-traffic-cameras20-2010feb20,0,2401900,full.story

LOL I had to interject a little late there.

So here's a summary since it's 8:30 am and I have an on campus exam for an online class soon... I think I'm starting to grow bags under my eyes. :laugh:

-Atlanta is amazing as always... Love it much more than Miami... people are 157% more nice/kind... plus there are TREES everywhere (Miami is very concrete, even outside downtown). I could just feel the extra oxygen in my lungs. haha

-I LOVED Mercer because it is in a really pretty area, plus the faculty and students were probably the genuinely nicest people ever. (and it's a great school, duh)

-The only negative was myself because I felt super crappy before and after (I wanted to die after wards so I slept with my face planted on the sticky tray table the entire flight to Miami, gross)

-I was so excited to be there though that my adrenaline kind of helped me get through the day and enjoy talking to everyone. I had a lot of questions and I felt kind of bad at times because I always had a question to ask and I didn't know if that was annoying to anyone, but I hope not. I was nervous during the mingling session because I'm kind of shy, but it was really easy to talk to everyone and I thought it turned out well.

-Of course the faculty interview itself is a bit intimidating (okay really intimidating) but I thought it turned out well because I knew what I wanted to say, but when I first sat down I nearly had a panic attack (like my heart started beating so fast, my mouth went dry and I couldn't even swallow to catch my breath so I was talking like I just ran there as fast as I could! lol) I kind of figured every school I apply to is going to ask me why I didn't apply straight out of college and wonder why I'm doing my MBA now, etc, so I kind of stumbled because he had good counter examples, but I know they just really want to make sure pharmacy isn't a back up plan or something like that. In general I thought it went well because I know a lot about the program and I think he was glad I had a genuine interest in the opportunities, etc, but we shall see... there were a lot of great applicants there.

So yea... that was my first interview... hope I didn't mess it up because I'm a n003. :laugh:

Oh yeah- it happens all the time. One guy shot one with his shotgun. :laugh: I have seen the ones covered with various items- gunny sacks, boxes. Someone once put a smiley face over it. I just chuckle.

They are idiots, though. I like the speed cameras. People used to die all the time on the Loop 101 because people were speeding like 90 mph (NO JOKE! Saw it with my own eyes). It was ridiculous. I saw two of the accidents happen and bodies were ejected from the car. Anyway, they want the stationary cameras taken down. But, logically, it makes no sense. All they do now is put up speed vans in random places. So, before, you knew were the cameras were and you could slow down. Now, you have no frickin' idea so it keeps you watching the speed ALL THE TIME. People make absolutely no sense. Plus, the state makes a bunch of money off "lead foots".

So here's a summary since it's 8:30 am and I have an on campus exam for an online class soon... I think I'm starting to grow bags under my eyes. :laugh:

-Atlanta is amazing as always... Love it much more than Miami... people are 157% more nice/kind... plus there are TREES everywhere (Miami is very concrete, even outside downtown). I could just feel the extra oxygen in my lungs. haha

-I LOVED Mercer because it is in a really pretty area, plus the faculty and students were probably the genuinely nicest people ever. (and it's a great school, duh)

-The only negative was myself because I felt super crappy before and after (I wanted to die after wards so I slept with my face planted on the sticky tray table the entire flight to Miami, gross)

-I was so excited to be there though that my adrenaline kind of helped me get through the day and enjoy talking to everyone. I had a lot of questions and I felt kind of bad at times because I always had a question to ask and I didn't know if that was annoying to anyone, but I hope not. I was nervous during the mingling session because I'm kind of shy, but it was really easy to talk to everyone and I thought it turned out well.

-Of course the faculty interview itself is a bit intimidating (okay really intimidating) but I thought it turned out well because I knew what I wanted to say, but when I first sat down I nearly had a panic attack (like my heart started beating so fast, my mouth went dry and I couldn't even swallow to catch my breath so I was talking like I just ran there as fast as I could! lol) I kind of figured every school I apply to is going to ask me why I didn't apply straight out of college and wonder why I'm doing my MBA now, etc, so I kind of stumbled because he had good counter examples, but I know they just really want to make sure pharmacy isn't a back up plan or something like that. In general I thought it went well because I know a lot about the program and I think he was glad I had a genuine interest in the opportunities, etc, but we shall see... there were a lot of great applicants there.

So yea... that was my first interview... hope I didn't mess it up because I'm a n003. :laugh:

You probably did just fine. I am rooting for you! Are you feeling any better? Good luck on the exam! When do you find out if you got accepted? How exciting!!!!

You probably did just fine. I am rooting for you! Are you feeling any better? Good luck on the exam! When do you find out if you got accepted? How exciting!!!!

Hehehehe, I so agree- how exciting that everything went well and you loved the school. Good luck and I really hope you get in, especially since you geuinely like the school so much. :)

Tinker, I have a feeling - you'll learn how to not sleep in pharm school. :laugh: I was up at 6:30 am on Saturday since we're going to help out with some vaccination related stuff at a middle school. The 6:30 am when you went to bed at 2, is funner than fun. :laugh: Pharm school just teaches you not to sleep.

Hehehehe, I so agree- how exciting that everything went well and you loved the school. Good luck and I really hope you get in, especially since you geuinely like the school so much. :)

Tinker, I have a feeling - you'll learn how to not sleep in pharm school. :laugh: I was up at 6:30 am on Saturday since we're going to help out with some vaccination related stuff at a middle school. The 6:30 am when you went to bed at 2, is funner than fun. :laugh: Pharm school just teaches you not to sleep.

I already sleep only about 4-5 hours a night between work, school, and trying to spend the little time I have with my gf...in addition to trying to maintain a household (e.g. laundry, cleaning, dishes, trash, etc.). Not to mention, I have been trying to spend extra time with my family since my grandfather passed a couple weeks ago. I think I am well-prepared for not only the rigor of the curriculum but the lack of sleep! LOL

I already sleep only about 4-5 hours a night between work, school, and trying to spend the little time I have with my gf...in addition to trying to maintain a household (e.g. laundry, cleaning, dishes, trash, etc.). Not to mention, I have been trying to spend extra time with my family since my grandfather passed a couple weeks ago. I think I am well-prepared for not only the rigor of the curriculum but the lack of sleep! LOL

That whole sleep thing depends on what kind of a student you are.

There are times when I don't really get enough sleep during the week, and on the weekends I just catch up on sleep. I feel tired whenever I get out of class, but I get my studying done until I go to sleep. I also notice a bunch of people in my class drinking caffeinated sodas and coffee in order to stay awake since there are days when they have to get up at 5 am or 6 am to get to school after a short commute.

:scared: The feeling has sunk in the morning after. Now it's all a waiting game

lol, Miami ranked #6 on Forbe's list of most miserable cities in America :rolleyes:

Is Mercer your first choice? G'luck!

It gets worse, especially when you know people or see people on SDN getting acceptances

It already got worse :laugh:

I went through the interview in my head again and feel like I bombed the interview. I don't feel like I voiced my thoughts the way I wanted them to be heard.

Off to explore the sights and sounds of SF. Some sort of Soup festival going on across to bay I might try and check out