OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sorry for the tangent, but does anyone know a good place to buy foreign DVDs/blu-rays? Preferably region 1 or region-less.

Ebay? I know I used to rage at all the kids buying the $30 HK animu bootlegs off there back when I was still self-righteous about that sort of thing...

And I'm not sure how I feel about the way this thread is progressing. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm looking for some french movies but I can only seem to find it in PAL format (old school euro DVD). Oh well ... such a pain waiting for US releases... and sometimes it might never get released here :(

Ebay? I know I used to rage at all the kids buying the $30 HK animu bootlegs off there back when I was still self-righteous about that sort of thing...

And I'm not sure how I feel about the way this thread is progressing. :confused:

Where is this headed? I'm confused :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
This Russian singer sings unbearable to listen to music but I just remembered that I always thought she looks like Adriana Lima:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Ye2ows8JA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Passion, how awesome that you were raised by women, no wonder you were so sweet on V day, paying attention to what you wife actually wanted as a gift and baking incredible cakes. :thumbup:

Kmoogs, blockbuster has a bunch of french movies, french movies are the bomb. Start by watching Amelie. Move onto the good classic Loui de Funes comedies.

Hmm, maybe we need a "beautiful ladies" thread? Maybe?

Crazybob already had that taken care of, but it eventually meshed with "hot guys" thanks to me and Chebs and SHC... then it fizzled out due to a bit of a protest from the male members of this thread :eyebrow:

I usually go for the ugly douche kind, so I'm not suprised. :(

Yeah me too... I need to change that to smart and nice and quiet. lol

Damn! you guys stayed up late. Did anyone watch ice dancing last night? :) :)

Yeah. I watched part of it while doing the ol' HW. The two dancers from UMich were awesome. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
more spam :spam:

Next page cause this page makes me sad lol :(

What should I do to intelectually enrich myself this summer ?

My best friends from p-school are taking an independent clay class at a local studio, :eek: while in school. I don't know how they are doing it, so I gotta wait for summer to do something fun. :)

Learn how to play guitar ? Learn how to dance ? Any other ideas ?

My best friends from p-school are taking an independent clay class at a local studio, :eek: while in school. I don't know how they are doing it, so I gotta wait for summer to do something fun. :)

I do yoga. Maybe you can do that or do karate or something similar? Learn to play the piano? An art class- watercolor? Ceramics, volunteering somewhere fun. One summer I was a mentor for at risk youth and we went on a three day retreat up north during the 3 month program. It was fun. Uhm, let's see...surf? Wakeboard? Gosh, there are so many things you could do. What about some sort of theatre class?

pbpic3438111.jpg

Downhill mountain biking ... you're so close to so many good spots! Not exactly intellectual but still fun :p

Start learning a new language?

more studying... ugh
in a cold and dull library... double ugh :laugh:

more studying... ugh
in a cold and dull library... double ugh :laugh:

I am watching the Olympics...sitting in my PJs on the couch. It is raining outside...chilly and wet...the sun is setting and there is a beautiful rainbow I snapped pics of on my way home. I can post them later :) oh yeah- and I'm eating sugar cookies with lots of frosting. :)

I am watching the Olympics...sitting in my PJs on the couch. It is raining outside...chilly and wet...the sun is setting and there is a beautiful rainbow I snapped pics of on my way home. I can post them later :) oh yeah- and I'm eating sugar cookies with lots of frosting. :)

I am totally jealous of you right now. Gosh I hope this doesn't make me sound like a girl lol. no offense lea

I think I've started to accept the fact that pharmacy school gets only more difficult from here until I graduate, so I just plan on keeping up and doing even more.

I am totally jealous of you right now. Gosh I hope this doesn't make me sound like a girl lol. no offense lea

I think I've started to accept the fact that pharmacy school gets only more difficult from here until I graduate, so I just plan on keeping up and doing even more.

You can do it! Eye on the prize! :) I'll help keep you motivated :) what type of pharmacy do you want to practice when you are out?

I'm going to do nothing tonight too.:smuggrin: I'm recovering after midterms and have to start studying for finals in a couple days. So I'm going myself a few days of nothingness.

Well apparently the new activity for celebutantes has strayed from Yoga and Pilates to learning how to pole dance. Hey if Brooke Hogan can do it why not? lol

Wait... you said intellectually enrich...haha Playing an instrument is always fun, but it's kind of frustrating at first. I learned how to play the piano when I was a little kid, and then I tried to switch over to flute and saxophone and it was so hard. I think guitar and piano are the best because wind instruments are especially frustrating since they don't even make a noise if you don't use them just right. OR you can learn how to play drums! That would be pretty sweet.

Or what about baking? P4Sci was talking about taking a baking/cooking course and specializing in pastries. You can do cake decorating also.

Or salsa classes? Or ballroom dancing? Or learning another language since you are already bilingual right?

I just got back from my first day as a Publix pharmacy tech! Yayyyyy

It was actually really fun, even though Mondays are the busiest it wasn't too bad. The pharmacy isn't an extremely busy one so I think it's going to be a pretty awesome job.

You can do it! Eye on the prize! :) I'll help keep you motivated :) what type of pharmacy do you want to practice when you are out?

I've thought about Clinical pharmacy in geriatrics, oncology, pediatrics, cardiology, internal medicine, etc. Also independent community pharmacy and chain retail pharmacy too.

If I can get a really good job a community pharmacy before I really get into applying for residencies, then I'll take the job and start right after I graduate.

But if I have a chance to go out of state (to somewhere like VT, NH, NY, NJ, CT, MA, or wherever) then I'll probably do a residency up to PGY2.

I've decided against Hospital pharmacy, Nuclear pharmacy, and compounding pharmacy for sure.

I'm going to do nothing tonight too.:smuggrin: I'm recovering after midterms and have to start studying for finals in a couple days. So I'm going myself a few days of nothingness.

I still have one more test to worry about :(

Are you on a block schedule or do your classes run through the entire semester???

Are you on a block schedule or do your classes run through the entire semester???

We are on the regular quarter schedule, it just so happens that the way our exams were scheduled this quarter was that we had them all clumped together and now that we are done, we have nothing untill finals. :)

Gluck, Bob.

So today I was having a sort of a bad day at school. Then for dinner, I went through a drive-thru and saw a pretty girl working at the window. When I saw her, I felt a bit happier, and after she said "have a nice day," I thought "I think she made my day" :laugh:

I've thought about Clinical pharmacy in geriatrics, oncology, pediatrics, cardiology, internal medicine, etc. Also independent community pharmacy and chain retail pharmacy too.

If I can get a really good job a community pharmacy before I really get into applying for residencies, then I'll take the job and start right after I graduate.

But if I have a chance to go out of state (to somewhere like VT, NH, NY, NJ, CT, MA, or wherever) then I'll probably do a residency up to PGY2.

I've decided against Hospital pharmacy, Nuclear pharmacy, and compounding pharmacy for sure.

I still have one more test to worry about :(

I want to do LTC pharmacy and specialize in geriatrics. I don't think you need a residency to do LTC, but I'm going to aim for one anyway.

I don't have a big issue with retail, I mean the majority of pharmacists work retail, and I have the personality to deal with it, but the hours and stuff like that might bother me if I start getting 12 hour shifts in the middle of the night or something. Publix is awesome though because the hours are great and it's a nice company to work for.

I need to just get in to pharmacy school first though :eek:

I learned how to play the piano when I was a little kid, and then I tried to switch over to flute and saxophone and it was so hard. I think guitar and piano are the best because wind instruments are especially frustrating since they don't even make a noise if you don't use them just right. OR you can learn how to play drums! That would be pretty sweet.

I just got back from my first day as a Publix pharmacy tech! Yayyyyy

It was actually really fun, even though Mondays are the busiest it wasn't too bad. The pharmacy isn't an extremely busy one so I think it's going to be a pretty awesome job.

I have played piano since I was 6 and flute since I was 9. I love music so much! It is such a great outlet. I remember when I was a teen and going through an emotionally tumultuous time in my life, I would play Beethovan's Moonlight Sonata over and over again. It made me feel better.

I am glad you liked your job. It is always nice having some extra cash and actually enjoy what you're doing :)

I want to do LTC pharmacy and specialize in geriatrics. I don't think you need a residency to do LTC, but I'm going to aim for one anyway.

I don't have a big issue with retail, I mean the majority of pharmacists work retail, and I have the personality to deal with it, but the hours and stuff like that might bother me if I start getting 12 hour shifts in the middle of the night or something. Publix is awesome though because the hours are great and it's a nice company to work for.

I need to just get in to pharmacy school first though :eek:

I'm thinking about doing a rotation with the VA during my fourth year, and seeing if I can also put geriatrics in there.

I heard from a P2 at my school that, even if you might hate your retail/hospital job right now, later on if you like the people who work with you everyday, then you'll like your job. Back when I used to work in retail, my job was frustrating sometimes but I liked my coworkers, so I didn't ever hate my job.

I have played piano since I was 6 and flute since I was 9. I love music so much! It is such a great outlet. I remember when I was a teen and going through an emotionally tumultuous time in my life, I would play Beethovan's Moonlight Sonata over and over again. It made me feel better.

I am glad you liked your job. It is always nice having some extra cash and actually enjoy what you're doing :)

I was the same way! I started playing when I first started elementary school and then once I got older I would literally play the same song over and over again. LOL It was always Fur Elise and Colors of the Wind. I quit taking lessons when I was 13 though, but I can still play those two songs. :laugh:

I'm thinking about doing a rotation with the VA during my fourth year, and seeing if I can also put geriatrics in there.

I heard from a P2 at my school that, even if you might hate your retail/hospital job right now, later on if you like the people who work with you everyday, then you'll like your job. Back when I used to work in retail, my job was frustrating sometimes but I liked my coworkers, so I didn't ever hate my job.

I almost volunteered at the VA in Miami just because I wanted to as a regular volunteer, but they didn't have pharmacy and I found out the Children's Hospital did so I chose that.

This is so true... if you hate your actual job it can normally seem almost fun if you love the people you work with. That is how it was at my cocktail waitressing job. I hated almost everything about the job, but I never quit because I loved my managers and the other girls.

This is why I laugh at people who complain about pharmacy. There are so many other jobs that have far worse working conditions. :confused:

I would die happy if I never had to cocktail waitress ever again. lol

The hospital I volunteered at had a nice working environment too even though you never really saw the patients. You could listen to the radio, play CD's, make espresso and coffee, bring food, chat with your coworkers because there were no customers, etc.

I definitely think it's the people you work with who make a big difference.

more spam, next page!

[YOUTUBE]0b-tWK6AeLY[/YOUTUBE]

I was the same way! I started playing when I first started elementary school and then once I got older I would literally play the same song over and over again. LOL It was always Fur Elise and Colors of the Wind. I quit taking lessons when I was 13 though, but I can still play those two songs. :laugh:

I almost volunteered at the VA in Miami just because I wanted to as a regular volunteer, but they didn't have pharmacy and I found out the Children's Hospital did so I chose that.

This is so true... if you hate your actual job it can normally seem almost fun if you love the people you work with. That is how it was at my cocktail waitressing job. I hated almost everything about the job, but I never quit because I loved my managers and the other girls.

This is why I laugh at people who complain about pharmacy. There are so many other jobs that have far worse working conditions. :confused:

I would die happy if I never had to cocktail waitress ever again. lol

The hospital I volunteered at had a nice working environment too even though you never really saw the patients. You could listen to the radio, play CD's, make espresso and coffee, bring food, chat with your coworkers because there were no customers, etc.

I definitely think it's the people you work with who make a big difference.

There are so many people in my class who say they hate retail so much. But I just think they hate their managers and the neighborhood where they work.

If they worked in other cities, I don't think they would mind it as much as they do now.

I AM! I want my grade back from the exam I took, and I want to know if I am accepted or rejected to pharmacy school yet! I'm going crazy! lol

I know how you feel about waiting to hear back from pharmacy school. I don't even remember what I was doing between my interview and the day I got my acceptance letter.

Where have you applied and interviewd so far?

Hmm, how have I gone so long without trying Pandora out?

Impressed so far. College made me forget about finding music outside of the mainstream ish that gets played at every party.

Hmm, how have I gone so long without trying Pandora out?

Impressed so far. College made me forget about finding music outside of the mainstream ish that gets played at every party.

The only thing that bothers me is that it limits the number of tracks I can skip per hour.