OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You may not realize it now, but you definitely will when you are in school. There have been so many times this semester when I could hang out with people, buy stuff I wanted, and go on trips because I had money saved up from working.

People who didn't have much money had to spend that time working and not being able to go.

Oh, and I didn't have to worry about what I was going to eat for lunch everyday. People who are short on money or worry about it tend to pack their own lunches with something cheap. I personally don't think I could do that everyday.

I like working during the school year. If I have too much free time I don't get anything done, but if I work I put myself under the gun so I have no choice but to focus on schoolwork

Members don't see this ad.

You may not realize it now, but you definitely will when you are in school. There have been so many times this semester when I could hang out with people, buy stuff I wanted, and go on trips because I had money saved up from working.

People who didn't have much money had to spend that time working and not being able to go.

Oh, and I didn't have to worry about what I was going to eat for lunch everyday. People who are short on money or worry about it tend to pack their own lunches with something cheap. I personally don't think I could do that everyday.

I pack lunches because everything else out there is usually bad for my diet. I try to eat healthy and its hard to do that eating outside food.

I like working during the school year. If I have too much free time I don't get anything done, but if I work I put myself under the gun so I have no choice but to focus on schoolwork

That's a really good idea. Im most likely going to work 10-15 hours a week during pharmacy school. I like to have a nice balance between school/work/fun.

Members don't see this ad :)

For me that depends. Sometimes I won't do much if I'm caught up with the material and don't have to worry much. But if I'm worried about a test, I'll spend my time studying.

For me that depends. Sometimes I won't do much if I'm caught up with the material and don't have to worry much. But if I'm worried about a test, I'll spend my time studying.

Its kind of like how if I have any real studying I need to do I have to go to the library. I'm too liable to give into the various distractions which may be entertaining. Although that point may be due to the fact that I haven't been able to have as much fun the last few years as I want.

I just function better under the gun. As my manager told me a few years back, I thrive in chaos if that makes any sense.

I pack lunches because everything else out there is usually bad for my diet. I try to eat healthy and its hard to do that eating outside food.

I eat in the cafeteria since students get a 20% discount. :D

hahaha nice. Yeah MWUs cafeteria was really nice. IT seemed they were really health conscious. :thumbup:

There's a salad bar here, but I've never tried anything from there. They seem to charge by the weight of your salad.

They also have a 'homestyle' line I guess where they try to have healthy food everyday. Then there's a section with pizzas (I can get a 20 oz bottled drink and cheese pizza for only $4 after the discount). On the section with the grill, they make veggie burgers, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and grilled cheese sandwiches.

They also have sushi, but there's no discount on the sushi since they get it from a sushi place on cantrell.

There's a salad bar here, but I've never tried anything from there. They seem to charge by the weight of your salad.

They also have a 'homestyle' line I guess where they try to have healthy food everyday. Then there's a section with pizzas (I can get a 20 oz bottled drink and cheese pizza for only $4 after the discount). On the section with the grill, they make veggie burgers, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and grilled cheese sandwiches.

They also have sushi, but there's no discount on the sushi since they get it from a sushi place on cantrell.

Lol that wont apply to me. The only liquid I drink is water and milk. I refrain from rice and bread if I have a choice. Lol Sushi is bomb, meat is bomb in general. Meat and vegetables.

A slice of pizza and a 20oz drink should never be $4, jesus christ.

20oz drink = $1.29 msrp at pretty much everywhere, some places go up to $1.59, and then a slice of pizza being anywhere near >$3 is just disgusting.

I'm so glad I don't eat at cafeterias, holy crap.

Lol that wont apply to me. The only liquid I drink is water and milk. I refrain from rice and bread if I have a choice. Lol Sushi is bomb, meat is bomb in general. Meat and vegetables.

Oh man, I couldn't do that :laugh: At club meetings and stuff here, they ALWAYS have soft drinks. I always get at least 2-3 when I go to those meetings :laugh:

20oz drink = $1.29 msrp at pretty much everywhere, some places go up to $1.59, and then a slice of pizza being anywhere near >$3 is just disgusting.

I used to be in charge of the soda at the pharmacy back home and the way they would raise prices is unreal.

When I started in 2001, the cost of a 20oz was about 69 cents. Now its up to 1.17. And Coke is the one who jacks up all the prices, Pepsi just follows suit because they know people will pay for it.

Bunch of crap if you ask me.

Oh, it's not a slice. It's a box of 10-inch pizza.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man, I couldn't do that :laugh: At club meetings and stuff here, they ALWAYS have soft drinks. I always get at least 2-3 when I go to those meetings :laugh:

Mtn Dew is my weakness in life.

What I don't understand is that I can slam 3 20oz Mtn Dew's in eight hour day and not piss once. I have like half of an Aquafina and I'm running to the bathroom in 30 minutes.

Just another reason to drink soda lol

What I don't understand is that I can slam 3 20oz Mtn Dew's in eight hour day and not piss once. I have like half of an Aquafina and I'm running to the bathroom in 30 minutes.

At the meetings, they have 12 oz cans. :laugh:

So doc, is your avy related to drifting or rally racing? Been wondering that for a while

Ken Block, found of DC shoes is a rally car racer for subaru. However he does an art of car racing called Gymkhana. Its basically drifting on obstacle courses. The picture in my avatar is from the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7R_buZPSo

I think you will be very entertained with this video. Im very into the import scene and anything related to modifying cars. Hope you enjoy =)

I've switched mainly to diet sodas lately. I've put on about 20 lbs in the last two years that I'd like to get rid of.

It is damned tasty though :love:

I think I've put on only 5 lbs since school started.

I always walk to the parking lot from classes instead of taking the shuttle. Most people take the shuttle because they park farther away than I do.

Ken Block, found of DC shoes is a rally car racer for subaru. However he does an art of car racing called Gymkhana. Its basically drifting on obstacle courses. The picture in my avatar is from the video below.

I think you will be very entertained with this video. Im very into the import scene and anything related to modifying cars. Hope you enjoy =)

Oh I know who block is, I'm a bit of a racing field. I was crushed when McRae died. Been immensely impressed with the skill of the drivers in that series and how someone like Dave Mirra can do as well as he does being from a completely different discipline.

I don't know much about the import scene, I generally follow the FIA Rally series over in Europe, but I catch the American side of things when I can.

I always walk to the parking lot from classes instead of taking the shuttle. Most people take the shuttle because they park farther away than I do.

I hadn't been to the gym for a year or so until six weeks ago. I like working out and stuff, I just haven't had the time.

I've switched mainly to diet sodas lately. I've put on about 20 lbs in the last two years that I'd like to get rid of.

It is damned tasty though :love:

Have you tried the Mt. Dew Ultraviolet one? That is really good, and is flavored w/ Sucralose so you don't have all the nasty HFCS.

On a corrollary, I tried a Mt. Dew "AMP" energy drink (The blue one) and it was really good... and somewhat addicting. Sticking to coffee.

That video reminds me of the times I played Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

I would still play it if my XBOX 360 wasn't broken. Microsoft is so unreliable these days :laugh:

You will lose so much weight just by cutting down to strictly water and milk. Its a good habit to form cause soda does nothing for you. If you actually think about the amount of sugar in soda and imagine your massing 25 grams of sugar on a mass in your chemistry class. Its kind of gross. lol

Have you tried the Mt. Dew Ultraviolet one? That is really good, and is flavored w/ Sucralose so you don't have all the nasty HFCS.

On a corrollary, I tried a Mt. Dew "AMP" energy drink (The blue one) and it was really good... and somewhat addicting. Sticking to coffee.

Eh I just stick to Diet Dew. I preferred the original formulation, but the current one will do.

I love Amp. I stick to the regular Amp and Red Bull when I feel like having an energy drink. If you can find an Amp Green Tea, its really good.

You will lose so much weight just by cutting down to strictly water and milk. Its a good habit to form cause soda does nothing for you. If you actually think about the amount of sugar in soda and imagine your massing 25 grams of sugar on a mass in your chemistry class. Its kind of gross. lol

I prefer to have enough energy to stay awake during classes and also to study when I need to. Having only water or milk to drink would not give me enough energy to be enthusiastic about some of the boring topics I have to learn and study :laugh:

I prefer to have enough energy to stay awake during classes and also to study when I need to. Having only water or milk to drink would not give me enough energy to be enthusiastic about some of the boring topics I have to learn and study :laugh:

That's my logic during the school year.

I drink so much freakin' milk its unreal. I'm about ready to buy a damned cow and keep it in the kitchen.

Thats the wrong mentality! I used to have the same thought process. The thing is when you start working out and eating healthy your quality of sleep is much better. I can get 6 hours of sleep and have a tremendous amount of energy to last me throughout the day. This is just me. I understand its different for most people. But studies show people that exercise have much better quality of sleep which results in more energy throughout the day. Eating nasty greasy food makes me tired and I feel like crap throughout the day if I choose to eat something not good for me.

Thats the wrong mentality! I used to have the same thought process. The thing is when you start working out and eating healthy your quality of sleep is much better. I can get 6 hours of sleep and have a tremendous amount of energy to last me throughout the day. This is just me. I understand its different for most people. But studies show people that exercise have much better quality of sleep which results in more energy throughout the day. Eating nasty greasy food makes me tired and I feel like crap throughout the day if I choose to eat something not good for me.

I used to have a lot of caffeine in the morning and that kept me going until lunch, when I got even more caffeine :laugh:

I sleep when I feel really sleepy at night, and I end up getting enough rest. When I stay up past the point when I feel really sleepy, I feel tired in the morning.

I used to have a lot of caffeine in the morning and that kept me going until lunch, when I got even more caffeine :laugh:

I sleep when I feel really sleepy at night, and I end up getting enough rest. When I stay up past the point when I feel really sleepy, I feel tired in the morning.

My thing is I can have a helluva time falling asleep. I'm generally a night owl so I usually don't wanna go to bed until 2am. That makes things rather rough when I have to get up at 8am every day.

Aw man im sorry. Hahah yeah when it comes to sleep EVERYONE is different. Its really hard to tell what works for people. Somethings do and don't. I prefer working out at night after a long day of studying. I end up passing the hell out immediately and wake up so refreshed.

I kind of lied about the milk and water thing. I sometimes have coffee in the mornings before class out of habit. Its a nice pick me up after breakfast =)

I just got to club meetings/conferences and take the free food.

I hadn't been to the gym for a year or so until six weeks ago. I like working out and stuff, I just haven't had the time.
I haven't worked out in a long time either. Should probably work that into my schedule sometime.

+1

My thing is I can have a helluva time falling asleep. I'm generally a night owl so I usually don't wanna go to bed until 2am. That makes things rather rough when I have to get up at 8am every day.

Sometimes I do that. Then I end up feeling sleepy when I'm driving, but I wake up quickly with the adrenaline running from driving in morning traffic :laugh:

I kind of lied about the milk and water thing. I sometimes have coffee in the mornings before class out of habit. Its a nice pick me up after breakfast =)

I usually eat cereal with milk for breakfast. I used to add like 2-3 grams of sugar to my cereal to give me extra energy for the morning :laugh:

I just got to club meetings/conferences and take the free food.

I do the same thing :laugh:

There was one time when I had to go to one club meeting (since I was an officer) and three of my friends went to a different meeting. So they told me to get them some food if I could. I grabbed three small bags of chips after the meeting and gave that to them in class before our afternoon class started.

Yeah, that's pretty good. Nice for me especially, I pretty much only drink Diet Mtn. Dew (regular stuff is just too damn sugary... makes me want to have some water after I'm done to rinse the aftertaste out), and it's not common for them to bother with diet versions of their limited edition flavors.

Plus, it looks like Crystal Violet. Er.... sorta.

Crystal_violet.gif

I have to force myself to drink water... I usually make a pitcher of Crystal Light and keep it in the fridge and pour it into the insulated coffee mug things. The other thing I don't like much about water is that it is filling if I drink a lot.

That's funny the Mtn Dew doesn't make you pee though. Since caffeine is a diuretic it always makes me pee so much. :laugh:

The ONLY soda I drink is Diet Mtn Dew too! I usually try and stick to the Crystal Light and of course lots of coffee unfortunately.

I am a night person also. I always have been even before I started drinking caffeine through the day. My mom and dad are both night owls as well so it's a hard thing to fight.

I've always been extremely active in gymnastics dance and cheerleading so I don't know why I have a hard time sleeping and feel the need to drink so much coffee. I don't eat very healthy though because when I was in high school I was like 10-15 pounds underweight and my parents made me drink ensure and boost and nothing worked until I started eating red meat and fast food again. Drinking alcohol also makes you gain A LOT of weight too. A lot of my friends still drink like they just started college and they've had a hard time with dieting and trying to get back into high school shape. I think it is better to not drink so much alcohol because it makes staying thin easier and then when you do have about one drink that is all you need!:laugh:

When you're a busy studet it gets hard not to eat the fast food garbage. I cook sometimes and I just make stuff like different types of pasta, chicken, and a lot of Cuban and Spanish food. Then I have left overs and I can have quick food in the fridge for the next day. I love Publix grocery stores even though they're kind of pricey they always have the buy one get one free things, so that helps a lot too. I like getting my reciept when it tells you how much you saved on the bottom.

all this talk of soda...i miss mexican coke (w/ sugar cane). they stocked it at costco in CA (and my guess is other border states), but not up here in the northeast =(

the mex restaurants carry it, though...i should ask where they buy it.

I don't think I've ever had Mexican soda before. In Florida we have Manzanita (apple) soda, Jupina (pineapple), and Materva (nasty flavored lol).

all this talk of soda...i miss mexican coke (w/ sugar cane). they stocked it at costco in CA (and my guess is other border states), but not up here in the northeast =(

the mex restaurants carry it, though...i should ask where they buy it.

I heard from our Coke driver a few weeks back that they're planing on doing a throwback Coke and such much like Pepsi did last year so you may get your wish yet

Ah man, we used to go to this mexican restaurant right by post, called Cafe Jalisco, and it was amazing. NO ONE spoke any English beyond "more chips?". Best food I've had... and I miss it so much. =/

Dang. I don't think I've ever had that problem here.

Dang. I don't think I've ever had that problem here.

Lack of English isn't a problem....it's an indicator of good mexican food!!

and no i'm not talking about horchata, i'm talking about the cane sugar flavored bottled coke hecho en mexico. beats that high fructose corn syrup crap in the US formulation.

Lack of English isn't a problem....it's an indicator of good mexican food!!

and no i'm not talking about horchata, i'm talking about the cane sugar flavored bottled coke hecho en mexico. beats that high fructose corn syrup crap in the US formulation.

I think I would bend my rules a little just to try this mexican formula of coke.