OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And what motivates one to do such a "troll?" Just to "F" with us?

:laugh:

This is a million dollar question. Two years on this forum and I'm still trying to figure that one out. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, what exactly entails a "troll?" And what motivates one to do such a "troll?" Just to "F" with us?

A troll is someone that just randomly makes up a very conserveral topic or story to stir up trouble. They want to see people arguing for NO reason and they like to piss people off for no reason. For example, if I was super bored right now and want to start a fight on this forum, I can make up a thread saying..."Is it really hard to be a pharmacist? I mean all they do is count pills and make 100K a year! Any idiot can do it! why don't everyone do it? its easy money!" Or if I make up a thread like, "URM are dumb and they all get in with a 40PCAT and 2.0GPA! they suck!"

You see where I am going with this?? People that start threads like this do nothing, but start fights on the internet for the sake of starting a fight. Thats call a TROLL!

WSU will indeed have PCAT next year. This is the last year. Too many applicants, they need their "weeding" tool. :laugh:

This is true but regardless, the point is still valid as there are still highly ranked pharm schools that doesn't require the exam. I guess GPA and the personal statement do serve as good weeding tools! :thumbup:

Campbell123, tsk tsk tsk, I really though there was a happy ending....

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
A troll is someone that just randomly makes up a very conserveral topic or story to stir up trouble. They want to see people arguing for NO reason and they like to piss people off for no reason. For example, if I was super bored right now and want to start a fight on this forum, I can make up a thread saying..."Is it really hard to be a pharmacist? I mean all they do is count pills and make 100K a year! Any idiot can do it! why don't everyone do it? its easy money!" Or if I make up a thread like, "URM are dumb and they all get in with a 40PCAT and 2.0GPA! they suck!"

You see where I am going with this?? People that start threads like this do nothing, but start fights on the internet for the sake of starting a fight. Thats call a TROLL!

Thanks for the enlightenment. :idea: That's funny and really sad :laugh: So TROLLS are the people with 500 friends on myspace and facebook, but seem to stay home every weekend. I get it. My spidey sense will now tingle before posting to such claims.

I actually agree with this statement. I could be drunk, stoned and have one eye and one hand and still score better than that on the PCAT.

I hope that's not a reflection of your true academic abilities, but if it is I hope to never have to call you a colleague.

Doing that bad on a GPA and that bad on the PCAT should not equal acceptance.

taking the pcat while drunk stoned and have one eye and one hand?
lmao :laugh::laugh:

don't worry about this one. i met someone who been practicing pharmacy for many years from a foreign country and now he is almost done with his pharmD and can't tell the difference between 60 and 120 in a script.
i can see why so many errors occur in pharmacy.

This is true but regardless, the point is still valid as there are still highly ranked pharm schools that doesn't require the exam. I guess GPA and the personal statement do serve as good weeding tools! :thumbup:

Campbell123, tsk tsk tsk, I really though there was a happy ending....

Yup your right! I wasn't questioning the validity, just wanted to add my two cents.:)

We all know you go St. John Fisher and I'm sure as a student you know about the school more than the rest of us but after visiting the website, I do agree with PharmacyNut, your school is an 0-6er. This came from their website "The program is configured as a six-year course of study that admits students directly into the major without requiring the completion of a pre-pharmacy curriculum." Further more, "Each year the Pharm.D. Committee -- part of the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health -- determines whether existing classes have space for transfers. If classes are full, it is possible that no transfer applicants will be admitted for a specific year." that's definitely not your traditional 2-4 school.

Oh, as for your PCAT scores, congrats, but for the rest of us Earthlins the exam is not easy. The PCAT is important but 14 schools that doesn't requires applicants to take it do prove that it is not vital to ones success in pharmacy school. For example, Washington State University doesn't need the PCAT yet it's ranked higher that St. John. :idea:

Are you sure you're not checking out St John's, as opposed to SJF, St. John Fisher?

http://www.sjfc.edu/academics/pharmacy/about/index.dot

vs.

http://www.stjohns.edu/academics/graduate/pharmacy

The girl on that front page is pretty! lol

St. john fisher's website is so much easier to use. You can't find much about PCAT and GPA info on st. john's university's website.

what ? :confused: :confused:

Now I simply must defend my school's pride since I love it dearly.
Girls at our school are waaaaay prettier. :rolleyes:

I was going to say the SAME thing too, but I didn't want to be rude. LOL...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to say the SAME thing too, but I didn't want to be rude. LOL...

They are not on your FB, so they don't know you are secretly a smoking hottie with gorgeous assets.;) :laugh: If they did, they'd drool all over their keyboards.

They are not on your FB, so they don't know you are secretly a smoking hottie with gorgeous assets.;) :laugh: If they did, they'd drool all over their keyboards.

ditto, to you too! You have to most gorgeous eyes! :love:

I sort of feel that way about one girl in my class. I tried studying with her one time, but I could not concentrate at all. When I was taking a test online, she sat across from me at the same table, and I could not stop looking at her :laugh: I had answered all of the questions on the test before I even looked at her though. Then later I found out she already has a boyfriend :thumbdown: And I told one of my friends about it and she was like "well, boyfriends aren't for forever."

That's not going to happen.

I wouldn't have expected one anyway, that's a pretty common mistake. That's why I usually just refer to it as Fisher. God bless those Toronto Catholics.

The girl on that front page is pretty! lol

St. john fisher's website is so much easier to use. You can't find much about PCAT and GPA info on st. john's university's website.

Fisher's pharmacy school as a whole is very student friendly. I guess that's what you get when the guy who footed the bill to build the school is the same guy who was the head of the Wegman's corporation (which knows a thing or two about being consumer friendly, and is one of the last retail chains around that isn't doing it wrong). I'm really hoping that amongst all the other new pharmacy schools that are opening, Fisher can eventually become a respected program and not looked down upon as a diploma mill.

Oh man, I can't wait til August.

R you coming to Mercer for sure? With your PCAT score you will most likely get into your state school. :)

R you coming to Mercer for sure? With your PCAT score you will most likely get into your state school. :)

I will hear back from Minnesota on Dec 16th, then I will have to make a hard decision. I really liked Mercer and the way they operate, but I really like the 10k+/year I would save by staying instate :oops:

I will hear back from Minnesota on Dec 16th, then I will have to make a hard decision. I really liked Mercer and the way they operate, but I really like the 10k+/year I would save by staying instate :oops:

I would stay instate...you could live at home and save even more money! LOL...but Minnesota is very cold. :( But the money is worth you staying IMO. You could graduate with 40K only! :thumbup:

I would stay instate...you could live at home and save even more money! LOL...but Minnesota is very cold. :( But the money is worth you staying IMO. You could graduate with 40K only! :thumbup:

I definitely agree with staying in-state, which is also what I did. If you have lived at your home state for such a long time, you would be familiar with the area and know what to expect from people around you (unless you really want to get away from your hometown :laugh:)

Agreed. I LOVEDDDDD Mercer. If I didn't get into my state school, I would have gone there happily. But I couldn't pass up the 12k/year differential in tuition, and U of M is such a good school there was no point to going down south.

Agreed. I LOVEDDDDD Mercer. If I didn't get into my state school, I would have gone there happily. But I couldn't pass up the 12k/year differential in tuition, and U of M is such a good school there was no point to going down south.

Everyone that interviewed at Mercer tells me they love the school and would choose it if it wasn't for the pricetag. U of M also has harsh cold weather! :(
However there are 4-5 people that I know of that turn down UGA for Mercer in my class and one person turn down UCSF for Mercer. They were all from Atlanta though, so that was the main reason. I did tell him, he was crazy for turning down UCSF just b/c his family is from GA. :laugh:

Everyone that interviewed at Mercer tells me they love the school and would choose it if it wasn't for the pricetag. U of M also has harsh cold weather! :(
The weather isn't so bad if you get used to it. When I went to boston in January, I was expecting it to be colder than it actually was. :laugh:

However there are 4-5 people that I know of that turn down UGA for Mercer in my class and one person turn down UCSF for Mercer. They were all from Atlanta though, so that was the main reason. I did tell him, he was crazy for turning down UCSF just b/c his family is from GA. :laugh:
I've seen that with people from my undergrad also. One girl got accepted to MIT for grad school, but turned it down to go to UCSD just because her boyfriend was going there. One guy got accepted to med school at Baylor, but his girlfriend didn't get in to Baylor but got in to a med school in her home state (at the same university where I am going to pharmacy school :laugh:), so he turned it down to stay with his girlfriend. These things happen all the time.

Haha, the east side of Michigan is toasty in winter! It barely snows at all compared to the west side or the UP! I'm looking forward to wearing shorts during December ;)

Haha, the east side of Michigan is toasty in winter! It barely snows at all compared to the west side or the UP! I'm looking forward to wearing shorts during December ;)

lol i've heard about the UP in michigan. I know one girl from school who is from Ann Arbor, and she was kinda looking down on the UP.

I've seen that with people from my undergrad also. One girl got accepted to MIT for grad school, but turned it down to go to UCSD just because her boyfriend was going there. One guy got accepted to med school at Baylor, but his girlfriend didn't get in to Baylor but got in to a med school in her home state (at the same university where I am going to pharmacy school :laugh:), so he turned it down to stay with his girlfriend. These things happen all the time.

Seriously ?

These stories are insane !

I would have never turned down my dream school for no one. Not even the love of my life.

My school is my boyfriend, and my best friend at the same time. I love it like I haven't loved anyone.

I guess it's a good thing I'm from SF and only had to move half hour across the park, not to a whole different state.

Thanks for the very sweet PM, Cheb. :)

And I'm fixing to do the same, although I don't know if going to a "more inferior" school is more OK if it's your wife than if it's your girlfriend.

Seriously ?

I would have never turned down my dream school for no one. Not even the love of my life.

My school is my boyfriend, and my best friend at the same time. I love it like I haven't loved anyone.

I guess it's a good thing I'm from SF and only had to move half hour across the park, not to a whole different state.

Yeah, the girl who wanted to go to MIT had been dating the guy for only 2 years. Then some time this year, they got engaged in san diego.

But the guy who wanted to go to Baylor had been with his girlfriend for 4 years, so I thought that was a little more understandable.

Knock on wood...I moved to Minneapolis in August and haven't worn a winter coat yet...:xf:

cool didn't know that!!! learn something new everyday on here! :)

Seriously ?

I totally agree with this!!! You should live for yourself and make the best decisions based ON YOU!

Okay this is getting off topic here, but my mom knew a girl that has been dating the same guy since high school. They went to college together and were both pre-med students. They even got into medical school together and eventually got married. The husband persuade the wife to drop out of medical school and support him. He told her that when he becomes a doctor he will support her. So she listened to him and dropped out of medical school and supported him all the way until he became a doctor. Well, after his first year working he decided that he wanted to divorce her. He told her, "now, that I am a doctor, I should be dating someone that's just as educated as me! I shouldn't be with someone that not educated like you!" :eek: This is a TRUE story, he dumped her and married the nurse that he was having an affair with. She lost everything!!!

The point is NEVER give up on something for the benefit of someone else b/c it usually comes back to bite you hard on the ass. :(

I totally agree with this!!! You should live for yourself and make the best decisions based ON YOU!

Okay this is getting off topic here, but my mom knew a girl that has been dating the same guy since high school. They went to college together and were both pre-med students. They even got into medical school together and eventually got married. The husband persuade the wife to drop out of medical school and support him. He told her that when he becomes a doctor he will support her. So she listened to him and dropped out of medical school and supported him all the way until he became a doctor. Well, after his first year working he decided that he wanted to divorce her. He told her, "now, that I am a doctor, I should be dating someone that's just as educated as me! I shouldn't be with someone that not educated like you!" :eek: This is a TRUE story, he dumped her and married the nurse that he was having an affair with. She lost everything!!!

The point is NEVER give up on something for the benefit of someone else b/c it usually comes back to bite you hard on the ass. :(

Omg, that is so terrible! :eek:

It sounds like that was an excuse to not feel so guilty about having an affair. I feel sorry for that girl. Do you know what happened to her after that?

Omg, that is so terrible! :eek:

It sounds like that was an excuse to not feel so guilty about having an affair. I feel sorry for that girl. Do you know what happened to her after that?

She moved back to Canada to be near her family. She was originally from Canada. She really wants to have children and she was most upset about losing a husband and having no children (she was 29 or 30 when she got a divorce). She was thinking about going to med school again...but she wants kids too (she might be too old to have kids after med school since she wasted so many years with her ex husband!)...so she was very upset about that. I don't know what happened to her now b/c she is back in Canada.

Knock on wood...I moved to Minneapolis in August and haven't worn a winter coat yet...:xf:

You mosey on up to Duluth in January and I'll show you some cold weather lol

You haven't lived until you've had to cross the high bridge with 70+ mph winds off Lake Superior when the air temp is -25

Been an extremely warm fall in any case this year.

Congrats on your admittance. I am sure you make a couple applicants confident with their stats and application. Perserverance always wins.
Peace.

I guess the Adcoms feel better knowing they fulfill people's dreams.

Now where are all the 4.0's with 99% PCATs that get rejected because they woke up grumpy before the interview?

Is it all a mind game?

Trolls post inflammatory things in online communities to get a rise out of members, or otherwise F with them. That is just my guess? I never actually looked it up, I don't think?

Not off topic at all... that sounds like the bedtime stories I got from my mom growing up :D

One of my friends at Nova dental met her fiance in undergrad up north, did her MPH in Miami with him, and they both eventually got accepted to the same dental school. It usually doesn't work out that way though. I would NEVER give up my dream. I've been with the same guy for over 3 years, but you never know what is going to happen.

For example, he can't leave Florida because of his business... Hypothetically, if I got accepted to Mercer and LECOM but not UF... I might go to LECOM to stay in state and save loan $, but if I only got accepted to Mercer and no other schools then there is no way in h*** I am passing up a ranked pharmacy school to wait yet another year in Florida with no guarantee I'll get in anywhere next time.

totally agree, you gotta do things for you.

I know it sounds selfish, but sometimes you just have to be in this world, and look out for numero uno, and that is yourself.

I think this applies more to relationships, like dating... marriage, etc...

Its different if we're speaking about kids and such.. thats a different story..

Your son, or your daughter will always be just that, your offspring and a loved one..

Boyfriends, girlfriends.. marriages.. whatever.. they can all come and go though.

I agree.

My mom would comment with, "Man, all men are jerks and thieves" if she heard this and she'd follow up with a lecture about never relying 100% on a man. :laugh: Sure she's coming from an extreme point of view, but at the same time, I think there's a lot of sense in that. I would never give up my career for a significant other .... I would be willing to compromise and the guy better be willing to compromise too to make it work, but ultimately, if it comes down to it, I will do my own thing. If I get accepted into my dream school, I will go. If the relationship is meant to be, we will last long distance. If not, then the guy is not worth throwing away my career/dream school/dreams/whatever future aspirations I have. And if we do break up/divorce, then I will be able to support myself.

My boyfriend of one year lives in Hawaii right now, and me on the East Coast. He's been trying to find a job in my state, but I warned him straight up not to come here only to be with me. If he finds a good job, then yes, he can come, but if he has a good job offer elsewhere and a not-so-good one in my home area, I told him not to come. I don't want him to pass up good job opportunities - especially in this economy! Like someone said earlier, who knows what will happen. I don't want him to resent me if we end up breaking up soon after he comes here.

..... all my friends who i told this to have told me I'm way too jaded. :laugh:

I think she is pretty but in a girl next door sort of way. I think it is because the three of us go to school in large metro cities so we have the more exotic international model-looking people walking around town. lol

I wish my undergrad had a pharmacy school... #1 Playboy party school 2009!!! lol

Funny that we devote needed study time to determining which schools have hot people but it is a diversion from the rigors of classwork. lol

I think she is pretty but in a girl next door sort of way. I think it is because the three of us go to school in large metro cities so we have the more exotic international model-looking people walking around town. lol

I wish my undergrad had a pharmacy school... #1 Playboy party school 2009!!! lol

Funny that we devote needed study time to determining which schools have hot people but it is a diversion from the rigors of classwork. lol

I wish I could post for you and SCH a picture of this one med student at our school. He is delicious, there is simply no other word. Everyone knows him, he looks sooo hot - he definitely stands out from a crowd. A surfer too :thumbup:

We need a girl oriented eye candy thread like the one in the lounge.

I wish I could post for you and SCH a picture of this one med student at our school. He is delicious, there is simply no other word. Everyone knows him, he looks sooo hot - he definitely stands out from a crowd. A surfer too :thumbup:

Im flattered :)

Juts reminded me a TA from my chem lab .... he was the cutest looking boy I've ever seen in real life. All the girls would gawk at him when he'd walk, and if he walked by you, there'd be a STORM of girls asking him questions, lol. And he's smart too! He told me he was going to U Penn Med school.... if only U Penn had a pharm school :laugh:

PLEASE POST away!!! :smuggrin:

This is the hottest guy I have ever seen. We went to high school together, but he never went to college. Don't know what he is doing now, but I am friends with him on myspace. LOL... This picture don't really do him justice either...You guys really need to see this hot piece of *** in person! :D

l_4e007cb730a942e58d2c34a32f575742.jpg

No clue who that girl is.:confused: