OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your standards? I thought they just had to be female and have a pulse.

So you're either talking about dropping the female part or the pulse part. I won't judge either way. :thumbup:

If you date a real doll, have you dropped both?

Members don't see this ad.

Your standards? I thought they just had to be female and have a pulse.

So you're either talking about dropping the female part or the pulse part. I won't judge either way. :thumbup:

Not (that low) when it comes to dating.

It was a phase, and I've gotten over it now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooooo, there I was sitting in Organic today doing unknown compound exercises (proton NMR, C NMR, mass spec, IR spec, etc) and I realized I was enjoying the problems...

My question is: am I just a nerd, F-ing weird, or is there something seriously wrong with me? :scared:

Sooooo, there I was sitting in Organic today doing unknown compound exercises (proton NMR, C NMR, mass spec, IR spec, etc) and I realized I was enjoying the problems...

My question is: am I just a nerd, F-ing weird, or is there something seriously wrong with me? :scared:

I was like that too. It's just nerdy, and not weird.

I've had times when I looked at an IR spectroscopy print out and carried it past students in general chemistry, and some commented saying "that looks a lot cooler than what we're doing." If those students hated chemistry, they would have said something like "what the hell is that?" :laugh:

Y'all are weird

I was like that too. It's just nerdy, and not weird.

I've had times when I looked at an IR spectroscopy print out and carried it past students in general chemistry, and some commented saying "that looks a lot cooler than what we're doing." If those students hated chemistry, they would have said something like "what the hell is that?" :laugh:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I agree with bob. For the record that was my favorite part of ORGO.

Man, some weird stuff happens outside my window. Bagpipes just went by playing "America the Beautiful" accompanied by some ginormous drums. Pretty sure it's a memorial ceremony.

Yep, there goes the color guard. I guess I was confused because some people in the procession showed up in hoodies...

Man, some weird stuff happens outside my window. Bagpipes just went by playing "America the Beautiful" accompanied by some ginormous drums. Pretty sure it's a memorial ceremony.

Yep, there goes the color guard. I guess I was confused because some people in the procession showed up in hoodies...

Were they Scottish?

Reminds me of that movie with Ryan Gosling from a few years ago

You get me. :idea:

I'm planning on having a pipe and drum band at my Installation of Officers this summer. Pretty excited. Might even wear the kilt for the occasion.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I found a funny video on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7S7zaE3E1Y

I can't embed it because the title is supposed to have proper language if I do.

This is on my FB! Soooo funny.

My classmates are making our own version, so we started a google doc to put our ideas in. I am not sure how many of them would make sense to the uninitiated, but it became a sort of "Best Of" moments from our three years so far in terms of funny things said. I was in tears reading it. :lol:

I was also pleased with how many of my quotes made it in. :D

moment-fail.jpg

:laugh:

Just stayin' busy. Enthused about my psych pharmacy independent study elective this semester. Researching atypical antipsychotic use in PTSD. Might get a poster out of it at the end of the semester! Do you normally present one poster only at state level ASHP meetings (TSHP for me, for example), or can you/ should you present two?

Hey, Pharm B, I have a question that is pharmacy related and I was gonna see what your thoughts were.

Would it be ok if I sent you a PM about it?

I didn't want it to be a surprise out of nowhere if you didn't feel like getting PMs.

Been on vacation. But back to work in the morning (but at least a half day:)).

Speaking of half days, do you prefer:

1. Going to work early and getting off work after lunch
  2. Gong to work around lunch time and coming home in the evening

Some people I know said that when they don't have anything in the morning and only have stuff in the afternoons, they feel that they waste the mornings doing nothing.

Some people I know said that when they don't have anything in the morning and only have stuff in the afternoons, they feel that they waste the mornings doing nothing.

I'm in camp #1. I like the feeling getting done with work and then having a good chunk of the day left. Even in college I would sign up for the earliest classes possible (also partially to miss the rush-hour traffic), and then have the whole day ahead of me when I finished.

I'm in the #1 camp. I am decidedly not a morning person, but I'd rather get work over with - that way I don't even have to think about being there. If I need more sleep, I still come out ahead overall with a nap. ;) I also prefer not being required to stay through a lunch break when I work short shifts.

You didn't give option 3: Go in late, work through the middle chunk (like 10-2 or something), then leave early.

Getting ready for rotations personally. I need to stop buying pocket resources.

On the other hand, weighting down my pockets will give me a workout, right? :smuggrin:

Just make sure you buy a belt... :p

EDIT: Top!

Coat pockets guys, not pants pockets. I can give xts a pass, but b you really should know better. :smuggrin:

I did have a pair of pants fall off on the job once though. It was when I worked in a lab. It was laundry day and I had on an ill-fitting pair. I was in my bosses office going over some routine lab stuff and they just fell to about my knees. Thankfully I had on my lab coat so she was spared the sight of my underwear. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least. I have always wondered what she thought of that.

And yes bob, she was hot. :D

Coat pockets guys, not pants pockets. I can give xts a pass, but b you really should know better. :smuggrin:

Hey, I figured it wasn't a problem until you filled your coat pockets. The natural overflow would be your pants. Then your socks. :p

I did have a pair of pants fall off on the job once though.

:eek:

Since we're sharing wardrobe malfunctions, I had a pair of pants rip on me at work last year. The rip was in the back, horizontally from the center seam all the way to the outer seam, then up the center seam a few inches. It was nearer the thigh area than the underwear area. Unfortunately, I was working by myself & I had to get some time sensitive things done... in front of 200 people... all coworkers I see on a relatively regular basis. I just tried to keep my back to the wall & smile so people would look up instead of down. Eventually relief arrived (about an hour later) and I got to sew up my pants in the office.

Some of these 200 people were hot, I guess. :confused:

Since we're sharing wardrobe malfunctions, I had a pair of pants rip on me at work last year. The rip was in the back, horizontally from the center seam all the way to the outer seam, then up the center seam a few inches. It was nearer the thigh area than the underwear area. Unfortunately, I was working by myself & I had to get some time sensitive things done... in front of 200 people... all coworkers I see on a relatively regular basis. I just tried to keep my back to the wall & smile so people would look up instead of down. Eventually relief arrived (about an hour later) and I got to sew up my pants in the office.

200? You must have been there a long time.

Well, I have, but I work in a rather public role in a large building. So I'd say I see at least 500+ people on a semi-regular basis, not all in this state. A lot of people know my name, and I don't know theirs...

That happens sometimes in pharmacy school. Especially with some faculty and staff you don't remember until a while later.

But I figure it's better than having them treat you like a complete stranger or just a random student.

That happens to me all the time (people knowing me when I don't know them). I know I've never seen some of the people before too, but for some reason a bunch of research and allied health students know my name:confused:. My reputation precedes me I guess:laugh:.

Yeah, it makes me feel kind of bad that I don't know who they are.

Sometimes I try to use that to my advantage. In a weird way, it helps me feel less nervous talking to someone I don't remember meeting if I have to ask them something.

Does anyone else sometimes feel like linking lmgtfy.com on this forum? :smuggrin:

I did that once and it was considered very rude.

I feel like doing that to a lot of people sometimes. :smuggrin:

Last edited:
Yeah, don't encourage bob. About 500 hundred pages back, he thought he was so clever ;)

You still remember? Your memory is like mine.

Some people are surprised by how I remember stuff from forever ago.

You still remember? Your memory is like mine.

Some people are surprised by how I remember stuff from forever ago.

I remember the first time I ever got in trouble at school...I was in kindergarten and was talking to another kid while the teacher was talking. That kid is on my facebook.

I remember the first time I ever got in trouble at school...I was in kindergarten and was talking to another kid while the teacher was talking. That kid is on my facebook.

Haha one of my first memories is my sister beaning me on the head with a baby bottle because I wouldn't shut up. Funny, my memory is a little spotty after that. ;)

I did have a pair of pants fall off on the job once though. It was when I worked in a lab. It was laundry day and I had on an ill-fitting pair. I was in my bosses office going over some routine lab stuff and they just fell to about my knees. Thankfully I had on my lab coat so she was spared the sight of my underwear. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least. I have always wondered what she thought of that.

And yes bob, she was hot. :D

I once purposefully removed my pants in a lab environment after spilling a large amount of FSII (fuel servicing icing inhibitor) in the crotchal region. I believe a set a land-speed record for pants removal when doing so.

In case you don't know what FSII is made up of: http://hazmap.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/hazmap_generic?tbl=TblAgents&id=133