OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here as long as she looks like Joan Rivers

well, what do you know!! I look JUST LIKE a mexican Joan Rivers, PharmB...:laugh:
but unfortunately, I can't give up the fake nails that I couldn't have if I would be digging around in mouths...

is that what you want, doc?

Yes, I'd say so. I have dated in the past, but it was never fair to my partner because of the educational priorities. They weren't in the same position as me so they could never understand my prior commitments. I think pharmacy school will be a good place to potentially meet someone right. Ive dated really dense girls in the past and I want to find someone that can have intellectually stimulating conversation. We'll see what the future holds!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I'd say so. I have dated in the past, but it was never fair to my partner because of the educational priorities. They weren't in the same position as me so they could never understand my prior commitments. I think pharmacy school will be a good place to potentially meet someone right. Ive dated really dense girls in the past and I want to find someone that can have intellectually stimulating conversation. We'll see what the future holds!

awww, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Bright side: You will have your pick where you are... Not-so-Bright side: Once you find her, hopefully she will stay safe....hasn't Chicago consecutively gotten the highest murder rate the last couple years? Or does it still go to Detroit? lol

Youre wise to keep an eye open for the smarties.....*nod*

awww, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Bright side: You will have your pick where you are... Not-so-Bright side: Once you find her, hopefully she will stay safe....hasn't Chicago consecutively gotten the highest murder rate the last couple years? Or does it still go to Detroit? lol

Youre wise to keep an eye open for the smarties.....*nod*

Haha, I live in the suburbs, however I went to the University of Illinois at Chicago and crime has steadily increased. I constantly get emails of crime alerts about UIC students getting robbed and battered. Its kind of scary, but all the incidents happen late at night when the student is walking home alone. It could happen anywhere. You have to be aware of your surroundings and know the appropriate times to walk alone at night lol. Chicago is a great city. Like any other metropolitan area, its gonna have its good and bad areas.

Dummies don't do it for me. Brains are a huge turn on.

Congrats!!! However feet doesn't sound too appealing...I hope the place doesn't smell bad! lol...

LOL I do not like the smell of feet either! Luckily the office is very clean and nice. I'm not sure how things went though because the position is for a medical assistant in the back where they do procedures, and I have no experience. I like dealing with interesting injuries and infections, but they said they recieved A LOT of applications and they don't usually interview that many people. They have another person who has tons of experience, but they don't know how that will pan out... I guess it is because they might want to train someone from scratch. Regardless, I doubt I will be chosen because they know I am applying to pharmacy school and I will eventually be moving away :( It really is a perfect job outside the fact that I can't get hired as a pharmacy tech... but I think I'm going to keep trying that if I don't find a job soon. lol

Haha, I live in the suburbs, however I went to the University of Illinois at Chicago and crime has steadily increased. I constantly get emails of crime alerts about UIC students getting robbed and battered. Its kind of scary, but all the incidents happen late at night when the student is walking home alone. It could happen anywhere. You have to be aware of your surroundings and know the appropriate times to walk alone at night lol. Chicago is a great city. Like any other metropolitan area, its gonna have its good and bad areas.

Dummies don't do it for me. Brains are a huge turn on.

Why, of COURSE, Doc...I :love: Chicago....
I'm glad you are staying safe from getting robbed and battered..

No dummies? Come on now, not even Jess Simpson in her hot mom jeans? lol

Dating while attending a four year program is a dangerous game. If and when you guys burn out, your classmates will know.

That's so true. I didn't think about it like that. I guess you have to make a mutual agreement with the other person to keep it professional at school and leave the relationship business at home. Kind of like what your supposed to do in the work place.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah but most relationships don't end eh... professionally. :rolleyes:

All it takes is hearing whispers and giggles when you walk into a room to regret your actions. Or you can use it as the badge of a hero. :smuggrin:

sounds like youre speaking from experience...lol

yeah, perhaps its best to fish away from your school...;)

I have a really really good friend who is from outside of Chicago. He went to Mundelein Cons High School. I don't know if that is where you're from but he is from a suburban area which is supposed to be really nice and safe.

I have experienced the same dating situations. Pretty much exactly what you said but in the girl version. lol I guess that is why so many people meet in college because you narrow down those people who share similar education and interests from those you meet in high school. I think pre-professional students are even more dedicated to their educational requirements for obvious reasons, so it's even harder.

My roommates always thought I was really mean because sometimes I would meet guys in class and they would want to have lunch in the dining hall and study but I would tell them that I am very busy and I need to study alone and I don't have time to hang out.

My BF is a little older and more responsible, but it was HARD at first because he went straight to the military after high school and never really went to a university. He had a hard time understanding the investment in studying all the time opposed to the immediate benefit of working.

If I have to leave for pharmacy school and I become single again, I doubt I'll have time for dating but maybe I will meet someone after I graduate being in the health care profession in general.

This reminds me of The Love Bridge at my undergrad! lol It's a fundraising effort for a student wellness program.

LoveBrick.jpg

I have a really really good friend who is from outside of Chicago. He went to Mundelein Cons High School. I don't know if that is where you're from but he is from a suburban area which is supposed to be really nice and safe.

I have experienced the same dating situations. Pretty much exactly what you said but in the girl version. lol I guess that is why so many people meet in college because you narrow down those people who share similar education and interests from those you meet in high school. I think pre-professional students are even more dedicated to their educational requirements for obvious reasons, so it's even harder.

My roommates always thought I was really mean because sometimes I would meet guys in class and they would want to have lunch in the dining hall and study but I would tell them that I am very busy and I need to study alone and I don't have time to hang out.

My BF is a little older and more responsible, but it was HARD at first because he went straight to the military after high school and never really went to a university. He had a hard time understanding the investment in studying all the time opposed to the immediate benefit of working.

If I have to leave for pharmacy school and I become single again, I doubt I'll have time for dating but maybe I will meet someone after I graduate being in the health care profession in general.

This reminds me of The Love Bridge at my undergrad! lol It's a fundraising effort for a student wellness program.

LoveBrick.jpg

Interesting story. It makes a lot of sense. I have had a similar experience with meeting interested girls, but I would have to blow them off because I never had time to commit to anything except school, work and close family and friends.

I am one of those people that believes likes attract. Right now I could say I would love to meet someone in a health care profession, but I don't know what my future entails. The last thing I want to worry about in pharmacy school are women. Its gonna be tough with a 60% female class =)

Interesting story. It makes a lot of sense. I have had a similar experience with meeting interested girls, but I would have to blow them off because I never had time to commit to anything except school, work and close family and friends.

I am one of those people that believes likes attract. Right now I could say I would love to meet someone in a health care profession, but I don't know what my future entails. The last thing I want to worry about in pharmacy school are women. Its gonna be tough with a 60% female class =)

I strongly dislike the male:female ratio of pharmacy schools. lol

That's so true. I didn't think about it like that. I guess you have to make a mutual agreement with the other person to keep it professional at school and leave the relationship business at home. Kind of like what your supposed to do in the work place.

Sadly many people lack the ability to keep their love lives at home.

What do you all think about people finding love in pharmacy school?
If pharmacy school is anything like med school you're going to have a bunch of married/engaged classmates. But that's why god made undergrad campuses.:D

Why is it that more females go into pharmacy than males? I have my assumptions, but I'd rather ask before I make any feminists angry.

I've heard from some female pharmacists that one reason is because it provides a means to raise a family and be at home more for the kids, etc... but yeah that definitely doesn't apply to every girl. I personally don't ever plan on having children... pharmacy just interests me. I also don't care about making 400,000 a year as a doctor versus 100,000 as a pharmacist. I think quality of life depends more on what you do with the money not how much you have. I just want to do something that I enjoy. The blood and guts doesn't bother me either... I just prefer the diverse career options that pharmacy offers over the various career types of medical doctors.

I've heard from some female pharmacists that one reason is because it provides a means to raise a family and be at home more for the kids, etc... but yeah that definitely doesn't apply to every girl. I personally don't ever plan on having children... pharmacy just interests me. I also don't care about making 400,000 a year as a doctor versus 100,000 as a pharmacist. I think quality of life depends more on what you do with the money not how much you have. I just want to do something that I enjoy. The blood and guts doesn't bother me either... I just prefer the diverse career options that pharmacy offers over the various career types of medical doctors.

:thumbup: Nice.

Why no children? Children are wonderful to have. I love kids, just not teenagers. lol

Right on, Tink! *nod*

What do you all think about people finding love in pharmacy school?

There's one girl in school I want to marry. But I can't figure out if she's dating anyone or already married. She doesn't live with anyone, since she lives in a single dorm on campus, but that might not be the whole story. If I got married to anyone in school, it would have to be her :)

But I'll have to warn you that a lot of girls (if not most) will either be engaged or married when you start pharmacy school. It seems to be getting very common for people to marry at early ages.

Dating while attending a four year program is a dangerous game. If and when you guys burn out, your classmates will know.

This is certainly true. If you and a girl start hanging out together, everyone will notice and talk about it. You might think people don't suspect anything, but that is only because they talk about you when you are not around. I also talk about my class mates only when they are not around :laugh:

:thumbup: Nice.

Why no children? Children are wonderful to have. I love kids, just not teenagers. lol

Idk I just don't really have that desire. I was an only child growing up, and the youngest in my family in general... I grew up surrounded by older people. My parents always talked to me as if I were an adult and I've always related better to older people in general... so I'm not really good with little kids. I like them and everything, but they make me nervous because I'm scared they're going to fall down or eat something bad or swallow a crayon or something :( My boyfriend's brother has a 2 year old son who really likes me for some reason and I always sit with him and let him play with my phone and let him follow me around... and my bf's brother says I'm really good with kids, but I just don't see myself having any.

It sounds really selfish and strange but I am scared of actually being pregnant as well. lol Everyone says that will change when I get older, but most of my friends are already thinking about kids and I am not. I also want to make sure my career is secure and I have a nice safe place to live and everything if I ever DID have kids. This of course will take a long time, and so I imagine that I will be pushing 34 or 35 years before I would have a kid. At that point I am not sure what my relationship or marital status would even be. Plus I'm not sure what type of pharmacy related job I will be doing upon graduation, so it really wouldn't be fair to have a kid if my job required me to relocate or travel a lot or work at night, etc.

Simple solution to all your relationship problems - have sex with people, but don't comitt to anyone. Comittement brings nothing but problems and troubles. I refuse to comitt to anyone in the next 4-5 years.

Simple solution to all your relationship problems - have sex with people, but don't comitt to anyone. Comittement brings nothing but problems and troubles. I refuse to comitt to anyone in the next 4-5 years.

With people not in your class? :laugh:

LOL! When I started my senior year in high school I broke up with a long term boyfriend and I made a commitment to stay single for AT LEAST 4 years... Well, I lasted 3 years so that was doing okay I guess. lol Things just sort of happen and I swore I would be stronger than that but I was weak!!! :laugh:

Things are so much more simple when you aren't attached though!

LOL! When I started my senior year in high school I broke up with a long term boyfriend and I made a commitment to stay single for AT LEAST 4 years... Well, I lasted 3 years so that was doing okay I guess. lol Things just sort of happen and I swore I would be stronger than that but I was weak!!! :laugh:

Things are so much more simple when you aren't attached though!

Agreed! You can also have fun with random people without any guilt :laugh:

But I once met this girl, and her friends thought we were dating. So one time, her room mate was like "see that sidewalk outside our apartment? If you come here with another girl, we can definitely see you" lol and that freaked me out for a while. It was one of those on campus apartments.

I was gonna say "That last step is Girls = +/- Evil" but that doesn't work in this case :laugh:

Oh, I think I've got it now.

Mathematically, Money = root(Evil). But you can say that in some cases, it is not (since there are other roots of evil lol), so Money = -root(Evil).

Since Girls = Money * Money, Girls = root(Evil) * - root(Evil).

So, Girls = - [root(Evil)]^2 = - Evil

And Girls = -Evil, which means girls are the opposite of evil. So, girls are nice :laugh:

Last edited:
My fiancee and I were stumbling through channels earlier and happened upon Transgender and Pregnant. That was interesting.

She asked me how I would react if I worked with the girl who was becoming a boy, but was pregnant and deciding on whether or not to be the one that breastfed.

:whoa:

huh? No you don't. You're not squaring the right side, you're replacing one time with money, so it's money x money, then replacing both moneys(sp?) with the root of evil, giving you straight up unadulterated evil.

I know, I know. I just lost my man card.

No, because you have the square root of Evil, and to clear the square, you raise both sides (because you can't just raise one side...) by the power of 2, yielding Girls ^2 = evil.

This is like intermediate algebra.

SqRt 2 = 6
(SqRt 2-X)^2 = (6)^2
2-X = 36
+x +x

2 = 36x
-------

2/36 = X

you can't pick and choose with algebra even for a funny joke! rar!