OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
So, an interesting thing happened at work the other night.

I'm working drive-thru, getting someone's change, when I see an odd-looking coin... turns out to be a 1912 nickel. I of course fish a dollar out of my wallet and swap it out.
nickel.jpg

It's obviously not in great shape, and I doubt it's worth much... but it's just fascinating to think about. I mean, this thing is 100 years old. It makes you start wondering, where has this coin been? What has it purchased over the last century? What stories has it been peripheral to?

Dunno, just found that interesting.

Saw this and had to comment. I collect coins and a 1912 V nickel can be worth quite a bit of money even in rough condition but it depends on the mint mark. I have attached a pic on where to find/not find a mint mark.

And, I know... I am a nerd because I can recognize things like this at just a glance... :smuggrin:

Attachments

• liberty_head_nickel_mintmark_lg.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 24
Now the only thing left is a badge named "Advertiser" under your name.

LOL

Too much bling? I could take some of it off. Not the mod badge or the author badge obviously, but some of the others I could get rid of if I wanted to. I actually am not sure if I could support another badge, I have never seen anyone with more than 10. It might be a little obnoxious anyway.

I really wanted the "Rocket Scientist" badge at one point, but I couldn't convince the actual rocket scientist we have at SDN that I am one (I know it is hard to tell with me, but I am not kidding).

Taking the GRE tomorrow, and this practice test is making me grumpy. :sendoff:

I love math. I miss calculus. This isn't math, it's torture. I missed a "low difficulty" problem that involved the principle of combination (nCk).

There's no way I'm going to remember that arbitrary formula. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking the GRE tomorrow, and this practice test is making me grumpy. :sendoff:

I love math. I miss calculus. This isn't math, it's torture. I missed a "low difficulty" problem that involved the principle of combination (nCk).

There's no way I'm going to remember that arbitrary formula. :mad:

Is that for the MBA?

Good luck, B.

Notice all the overachieversion SDN;).
All the masters, PhD's, and presidents.

You all work to hard.:D

Well, nice part about the GRE: You get your rough scores as soon as you're done. I got a 163/159 (Verbal/Math) out of a possible 170 on each. I have no idea how that translates to acceptability, etc. Maybe we should make a GRE freakout forum. :smuggrin:

Those are great scores! Around 84 percentile for math and 92ish for verbal I think.

You doing the MPH?

As for crazy double doc, yeah man...it's hella tough. On Tuesdays, I'm in class from 8 to 5 with one hour for lunch. Wednesdays and Thursdays aren't much better. I'm off Fridays but that's when I do scholarship.Mondays I have a couple of classes but it's the easiest day.

If I don't have an aneurism by the end of this semester then I will consider it a success. I think I'm crazy.

B, I hope it works out. I'm sure the rest of your application rocks. Besides, you'll probably smoke the interview. :D

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not just this semester, but the future also.

Yea well... I am actually bored. I only have one class this semester and am just sitting around waiting on an interview invite...

I really dont know what to do with myself since I am used to going about 18 hours a day... :(

Then again, I should probably catch up on sleep before actual pharm school starts in the fall :D

Yea well... I am actually bored. I only have one class this semester and am just sitting around waiting on an interview invite...

I really dont know what to do with myself since I am used to going about 18 hours a day... :(

Then again, I should probably catch up on sleep before actual pharm school starts in the fall :D

And you can go meet pharmacists and pharmacy students and ask them questions just to keep in touch and to have connections.

If you're feeling nerdy, you could read up on random topics that interest you before school starts. If you need or want nerdy ideas, I've got plenty of them :laugh:

And you can go meet pharmacists and pharmacy students and ask them questions just to keep in touch and to have connections.

If you're feeling nerdy, you could read up on random topics that interest you before school starts. If you need or want nerdy ideas, I've got plenty of them :laugh:

Actually, went and saw one dean a couple weeks ago and have an appt to see another dean in a couple of weeks. Plus, going to attend a weekend conference at the school in a few weeks.

Yes, I am a nerd...

Actually, went and saw one dean a couple weeks ago and have an appt to see another dean in a couple of weeks. Plus, going to attend a weekend conference at the school in a few weeks.

Yes, I am a nerd...

That's not very nerdy to me.

Do you know what kind of conference they're having? Is it a club meeting? A regional or national meeting?

That's not very nerdy to me.

Do you know what kind of conference they're having? Is it a club meeting? A regional or national meeting?

It is a ASP/APhA meeting. It is a state organization event but they are going to have speakers from the national officers including the current past president.

Honestly, the only reason I am going is to get my face out more since most of the admissions committee will be there. I figure it can only help me later...

It is a ASP/APhA meeting. It is a state organization event but they are going to have speakers from the national officers including the current past president.

Honestly, the only reason I am going is to get my face out more since most of the admissions committee will be there. I figure it can only help me later...

That should be fun.

It'll be good to meet with current students and ask them questions. You might overhear some conversations about a test coming up or a test they had before the meeting. Sometimes you might hear them discussing material from class, and it'll give you an idea of how much detail you'd be expected to know.

Owle, you've seen nyan cat, right? I only ask because of a comment in the roll call thread. If you haven't, youtube (blocked at work) will gladly show you. Check out the jazz version, too. :p

NyanCat with a jazz twist? No thanks.

Have you seen the insanity on Youtube where people have made videos of NyanCat for literally 100 hours? People post the weirdest things. XD