OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ha! It's funny because it's true.

Looks like my dream of Olympic marathon glory is over. :/ Oh well, guess you don't need good knees to count by fives, heh.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like my dream of Olympic marathon glory is over. :/ Oh well, guess you don't need good knees to count by fives, heh.

I won't be competing in shot put or javelin throw any time soon.

Just found out it's probably going to be a permanent, on-going issue which may or may not be resolved before pharmacy school starts. :eek: :(

I went to work today at another store and played catch up for about an hour. The tech before me was new and slow and left right when I got there... ugh.

After I get caught up I see there's 70+ to audit so I do them. I found a pretty serious mistake (completely wrong instructions) that the other tech made and pharmacist somehow didn't catch :scared: Of course we sold the prescription about 2 hours ago.

I called the patient and yeah... phone was disconnected. Their apt was a mile away and after thinking for a minute I realized there was one solution. It took me about 20 mins to run there, give the correct Rx label, explain what happened, and then run back. Has anyone ever done anything like that? Felt weird but I honestly couldn't see any other way to fix it.

P.S. the reason I don't have a car at the moment is an even longer story... so don't ask :laugh:

I went to work today at another store and played catch up for about an hour. The tech before me was new and slow and left right when I got there... ugh.

After I get caught up I see there's 70+ to audit so I do them. I found a pretty serious mistake (completely wrong instructions) that the other tech made and pharmacist somehow didn't catch :scared: Of course we sold the prescription about 2 hours ago.

I called the patient and yeah... phone was disconnected. Their apt was a mile away and after thinking for a minute I realized there was one solution. It took me about 20 mins to run there, give the correct Rx label, explain what happened, and then run back. Has anyone ever done anything like that? Felt weird but I honestly couldn't see any other way to fix it.

P.S. the reason I don't have a car at the moment is an even longer story... so don't ask :laugh:

Yes. I've done something similar when I worked in the ghetto. I even went to gang banger's house. He lived with his grandma and had picked up her meds. Another tech gave him meds for someone else with the same name (a very common mexican name) and year of birth. We found out about an hour later when that person came to get her meds. I was hella scared walking up to the door and he answered with a glock strapped to his waist. He was actually really grateful that I cared enough to go there.

PS I'll get to your PM later this afternoon.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like we might be getting some snow.

I hope it's enough to have fun outside.

I love tax time. It's like christmas! :D
I hate tax season. I shall be writing a check:(.

It looks like we might be getting some snow.

I hope it's enough to have fun outside.
It's been such a weird winter. This is the first time we've had any significant snow on the ground and it's only 3 inches.

It's been such a weird winter. This is the first time we've had any significant snow on the ground and it's only 3 inches.

Going from Snow to Ice to Rain, according to the meteorologist.

I wish I could figure out what causes the doom 'n' gloomers to flock SDN. When they start, it comes in waves - a bunch at once, then it will die down to a trickle in a few weeks, rinse & repeat. Does it have to do with the time of year? Headlines? The market?

If it has something to do with the market, I could get rich investing based on SDN activity. :p

I wish I could figure out what causes the doom 'n' gloomers to flock SDN. When they start, it comes in waves - a bunch at once, then it will die down to a trickle in a few weeks, rinse & repeat. Does it have to do with the time of year? Headlines? The market?

If it has something to do with the market, I could get rich investing based on SDN activity. :p

The current senior class in pharmacy schools around the country is actively participating in the Match process, the job hunt, or both. Spring is a real high stress time frame.

And besides, it's the internet.

The internet if full of doom and gloomers. I participate in several internet forums, they are all the same. That has to do with the market in general.

Whenever I see TV shows mess up two letter abbreviations for states, I get annoyed.

I guess I'm still a grammar nazi :laugh:

I'm planning on pretending leap day is a holiday.

On a semi-related note, I told my s/o that I would avoid the stapler if he promised to skip the jar of hammers: http://xkcd.com/1016/

We've decided to celebrate Centennial Day instead. (http://www.az100years.org/)

The cartoon is funny, but I am not convinced that is proper use of prisoner's dilemma. And it's not funny if it is not technically sound. :laugh:

I only have a small amount of experience in the matter, but I feel like any woman who says she doesn't really want anything is probably setting a trap.

Ah, Wikipedia informs me I am wrong:

wiki said:
In casual usage, the label "prisoner's dilemma" may be applied to situations not strictly matching the formal criteria of the classic or iterative games, for instance, those in which two entities could gain important benefits from cooperating or suffer from the failure to do so, but find it merely difficult or expensive, not necessarily impossible, to coordinate their activities to achieve cooperation

So it was used appropriately, and it turns out the comic is hilarious! :laugh:

The cartoon is funny, but I am not convinced that is proper use of prisoner's dilemma. And it's not funny if it is not technically sound. :laugh:

I only have a small amount of experience in the matter, but I feel like any woman who says she doesn't really want anything is probably setting a trap.

Yep. I know for a fact it is a trap. I have lots of experience with that. The key is creativity!

I just love basketball! I won't be able to sleep after such a big win.:D

Epic night. Seriously. I'm in . Nothing better than hanging with people like I hung out with tonight.

Have you guys ever had a question in mind but the person talking changed the subject and you forgot your original question because you were too busy listening to the new topic?

Ugh, knocked flat on my ass on Monday. Slept all day yesterday. Shouldn't have come back to work today. Sooo tired........ :sleep:

I find it ironic every time I have to say "stomach flu" instead of "gastroenteritis" because of blank looks.

Ugh, knocked flat on my ass on Monday. Slept all day yesterday. Shouldn't have come back to work today. Sooo tired........ :sleep:

I find it ironic every time I have to say "stomach flu" instead of "gastroenteritis" because of blank looks.

That is not irony. Actually I am not sure it is possible to use irony correctly in a sentence. See: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/irony

Atta girl.:D

I had to leave because it was pointless to be in class without paying attention. I'm heading home to work on my cases for therapeutics tomorrow. We had one of our famous faculty do the anemia/anticoag lecture and I have a feeling they are going to be a bit hard on us. Plus, our groups facilitator is a resident and they are usually the most hardcore :eek: