OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You make a good point. If we are talking any further north than Virginia, it is no longer FTW.

Maybe except for New England. Or part of New England, at least.

Members don't see this ad.

If we include Virgina and all states south thereof and we include New England, what part of the East Coast exactly have we excluded? :confused:

Maybe MA. Some YouTube videos complain about the drivers there.

That's really the only thing I can think of them right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't think of very many reasons I'd want to live in Florida. Maybe one or two. But in general, I hate the sun and heat. So it's probably not a good match.

East Coast/New England... nice to visit. The cost of living is outrageous. I'm not sure I could ever adjust mentally to the difference in standard of living. My sister is looking for homes in the DC area. We're talking $400,000 for a 400 sq ft condominium.

Same goes for California. So pricey.

I like the Midwest.

I am not sure it is all KY woman or just the exceptional ones. To my knowledge I have only ever heard one great KY singer.

(Note: I do not know the birthplace of every famous, talented singer, so in fact I may have heard many without realizing it)

Last edited:
I am not sure it is all KY woman or just the exceptional ones. To my knowledge I have only every heard one great KY singer.

(Note: I do not know the birthplace of every famous, talented singer, so in fact I may have heard many without realizing it)

Well, there's the singer you know, who was definitely born in Kentucky. Then there's the Judds, for example.

I hit the jackpot. My doctor wants me to go see an ophthalmologist tomorrow due to a possible weird ADR. His office will also be calling to schedule surgery. And I got called up for jury duty at 8 am. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I hit the jackpot. My doctor wants me to go see an ophthalmologist tomorrow due to a possible weird ADR. His office will also be calling to schedule surgery. And I got called up for jury duty at 8 am. :(

I hate jury duty. I was a juror on an attempted murder case. It was a PITA.

I've gotten jury summons 4x in 6 years, and they've always released my group when I call ahead. In the past, it's been a let down because my employer would have automatically let me go & paid me normal pay. But now, when I really can't go? Sigh.

I was summoned once, years ago....was actually looking forward to it, the whole idealistic "duties of a citizen" thing. Of course I never actually sat foot in a courtroom. So I was left with a check for $28.37 for mileage. That's (thankfully) my only experience with the judicial branch.

I can't think of very many reasons I'd want to live in Florida. Maybe one or two. But in general, I hate the sun and heat. So it's probably not a good match.

East Coast/New England... nice to visit. The cost of living is outrageous. I'm not sure I could ever adjust mentally to the difference in standard of living. My sister is looking for homes in the DC area. We're talking $400,000 for a 400 sq ft condominium.

Same goes for California. So pricey.

I like the Midwest.

What about small towns in New England? Still outrageous? If it's by the lake or a beach with mountains to go hiking, and parks to go outside for fun, I wouldn't mind as long as it's not a tiny community.

I was summoned once, years ago....was actually looking forward to it, the whole idealistic "duties of a citizen" thing. Of course I never actually sat foot in a courtroom. So I was left with a check for $28.37 for mileage. That's (thankfully) my only experience with the judicial branch.

Is it only some places where they say you're excused and pick someone else when you're still a student?

I was called up for jury duty. I was able to get out of it since it was for the city I grew up in and not where I currently live. I have no interest in sitting there. It's not like law and order.:p

My school sent a text at 2AM to alert me that there was a crime in progress in Gville. Gee, thanks guys. No worries - they also sent me a follow-up text at 12:15 when the situation resolved.

I get the exact same messages. Makes me lol in Texas.

What about small towns in New England? Still outrageous? If it's by the lake or a beach with mountains to go hiking, and parks to go outside for fun, I wouldn't mind as long as it's not a tiny community.

Is it only some places where they say you're excused and pick someone else when you're still a student?

It won't matter if you're a student. The judges are hard core. People came up with all kinds of excuses when I was there.....migraines, urinary incontinence, religious belief, death of a family member, cousin in the hospital, no car, homeless, drug addict (yes, the ******* said this in court), got caught with weed, a distant family member is a cop, that's all I remember.

I had school and I had to miss.

I did get to hold the gun. Then I had to look at gross pictures :(

I was called up for jury duty. I was able to get out of it since it was for the city I grew up in and not where I currently live. I have no interest in sitting there. It's not like law and order.:p

So you like watching Law & Order too? Which ones do you like? CI? SVU? the original plain Law & Order?

My school sent a text at 2AM to alert me that there was a crime in progress
That's why I never sign up for those messages. I can see them as being nothing but annoying.

I'm pretty much the same way. Miami is one of my fav vacation destinations, but I'm not a fan of the heat/humidity, or hurricanes, or the home insurance prices. So I choose to leave it as a fun vacation spot, and not move there. Most vacation hot spots are in general not great places to live IMO, just to visit. Everywhere else in FL is mostly kind of boring, unless your one of those crazy Disney world junkies, but retains all the negatives.

The midwest is fine if you like corn I guess?
Some of the bigger cities are fun places. But pretty much everywhere else (like where I'm living) is pretty lame. My mission is to escape back to civilization ASAP.

The admin of my school takes care of our jury duty issues and gets people completely off. But that I think is an exception to the rule. I know when I was in undergrad I tried the student excuse and got a deferral, but still had to do jury duty eventually.

So you like watching Law & Order too? Which ones do you like? CI? SVU? the original plain Law & Order?
Not a big fan. I had an ex girlfriend who made me watch it. I am more of a CSI fan. Currently I am rewatching the 2000's Battlestar Galactica.:D

Out of all shows out there, she made you watch that one?
Well when she had to do laundry she would go to her friends. I would tag along, and while we waited for the laundry she would put Law and Order on.:shrug:

1. Snickers bars are 4% earwax, by volume.

2. To assist with the emergency CO2 air scrubber repair, the Apollo 13 astronauts were forced to use their own earwax to ensure a proper seal. Engineers have since calculated that 2 grams of earwax was the minimum necessary amount.

Something that alludes to my greatness?

I thought "The Hive" was just about perfect, it is going to be tough to beat. Maybe "The Hive: All Hail The Queen"?

Alternatively maybe "OT: Where fanboys hang out"?

I still owe bob a name change of his choice, maybe he will cash it in (finally)?

I thought "The Hive" was just about perfect, it is going to be tough to beat. Maybe "The Hive: All Hail The Queen"?

Alternatively maybe "OT: Where fanboys hang out"?

I still owe bob a name change of his choice, maybe he will cash it in (finally)?

That's sexist. I'm no fanboy :smuggrin: