OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Keep your free name change coupon. Owle loves having outstanding debt. :smuggrin:

I appreciate you settling my debt with bob. Great job. :thumbup:

Note to self: Never leave anything open-ended with bob. Really should have set an exp. date on that offer. :laugh:

bob knows I am just kidding. ;)

I appreciate you settling my debt with bob. Great job. :thumbup:

Note to self: Never leave anything open-ended with bob. Really should have set an exp. date on that offer. :laugh:

bob knows I am just kidding. ;)

:laugh:

Darn it! I blew right past 10,000 without noticing. :mad:

I'd say having fun is more important than trying to plan something special for a certain post count.

Some things are more fun when they aren't planned.

I'd say having fun is more important than trying to plan something special for a certain post count.

Some things are more fun when they aren't planned.

It's 10,000! It's a big round number! It demands observation!!!!

OK, I am over it now. :D

Election time perchance?

:laugh: Damn, you're good. I know we've had some definite hurt feelings on campus here because of the dreaded "election" beast. Thankfully, my organization has three real contests and the other three were not opposed. I think I'm going to have a good EC next year.

:laugh: Damn, you're good. I know we've had some definite hurt feelings on campus here because of the dreaded "election" beast. Thankfully, my organization has three real contests and the other three were not opposed. I think I'm going to have a good EC next year.

You are incredibly fortunate. The leadership is my weakest area. It seems us non traditional students who work have a harder time winning people over at my school. Some days I think about visiting Minnesota :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
You are incredibly fortunate. The leadership is my weakest area. It seems us non traditional students who work have a harder time winning people over at my school. Some days I think about visiting Minnesota :smuggrin:

I am completely grateful for the GI Bill. I tried working two part time jobs, and I know I couldn't have handled it. Between you and phathead, I have my heroes. :oops:

Of course... everyone could just join the Navy and endure hell for 6 years like I did. :smuggrin:

I am completely grateful for the GI Bill. I tried working two part time jobs, and I know I couldn't have handled it. Between you and phathead, I have my heroes. :oops:

Of course... everyone could just join the Navy and endure hell for 6 years like I did. :smuggrin:

I would never make it in the navy or army. One, I'm flat footed. Two, I have asthma. Three, if it came down to it, I would have a hard time shooting/killing someone. It would destroy me.

Seeing dead bodies in the canal and watching people get shot at as a kid was enough for me.

So, I have to do a 15 minute "micro" teaching on Tuesday...it can be any topic and I have to use visual aids and incorporate an active learning exercise. I want it to be fun almost on the verge of silly. I'll be teaching 4 PhD students, 1 pharmacy resident, 1 4th year pharmacy student, our experiential coordinator, and my mentor (who teaches the class). Any ideas on topics?

So based on the thread name, we should be revealing stuff about ourselves that other people wouldn't want to know, until we get to 20 things. I will start.

I once ate a dog treat on a dare. It wasn't bad, really.

So based on the thread name, we should be revealing stuff about ourselves that other people wouldn't want to know, until we get to 20 things. I will start.

I've drunk breast milk. My own, and someone else's.

I would never make it in the navy or army. One, I'm flat footed. Two, I have asthma. Three, if it came down to it, I would have a hard time shooting/killing someone. It would destroy me.
I never had to shoot or kill anyone, and I think that holds true for most Navy people. Especially if you were to be a paper pusher. :p

Seeing dead bodies in the canal and watching people get shot at as a kid was enough for me.
What? :scared:

So, I have to do a 15 minute "micro" teaching on Tuesday...it can be any topic and I have to use visual aids and incorporate an active learning exercise. I want it to be fun almost on the verge of silly. I'll be teaching 4 PhD students, 1 pharmacy resident, 1 4th year pharmacy student, our experiential coordinator, and my mentor (who teaches the class). Any ideas on topics?
My mind went right to a bunch of sex-related topics, but I can see how there's potential for diving into "offensive" areas. Maybe something about flatulence?

C'mon. C'moooonnnn... Give us a real one. :smuggrin:

I once kissed a girl, only to find out later that she was my sister. Around the same time, I'd just found out my dad was still alive, even though I'd been told he was dead all my life.

Hmm not good enough huh?

Let me think about this. So many things, so little time.

I once backed into my mom's car and blamed my niece. I got away with it for quite some time too. :smuggrin:

I am drawing a blank. Something about racoons maybe? I always thought pharmacy school had too little info about racoons.

Thank goodness for pity points. I might actually pull an A off here.:D

I am drawing a blank. Something about racoons maybe? I always thought pharmacy school had too little info about racoons.

On a recent micro exam, the correct answer to the question, "which of the following exposures is the most worrisome regarding rabies exposure?" was:

B. A dead raccoon that you killed one afternoon with your golf club in your yard, and put him in the garbage can, after he charged you as you were practicing hitting golf balls over your neighbor's house.

:wow::prof:

Your school is on the cutting edge of teaching raccoon material. :thumbup:

On a recent micro exam, the correct answer to the question, "which of the following exposures is the most worrisome regarding rabies exposure?" was:

B. A dead raccoon that you killed one afternoon with your golf club in your yard, and put him in the garbage can, after he charged you as you were practicing hitting golf balls over your neighbor's house.

:wow::prof:

Is it weird to feel like I live in their universe when I watch a TV show and get really drawn into it?

I thought we used to have an innocent face icon. We should lobby for some choices like this:

angel-and-devil-on-shoulder-smile.gif

Dang. Whats up with all those badges ppl got on their avi . I feel naked :shifty:

weird fact: I routinely sing Disney songs and know all the words.
Whatttt. I've been doing this at work for the passed... two to three weeks?? They have been coming on the store music for some reason I just realized it today.

Started with this...
[YOUTUBE]5A_Rl8aQxII[/YOUTUBE]
Then this...
[youtube]JIVaUcE4kAM[/youtube]

Now it's spiraling out of control... these aren't even on the store music and I've been singing them :thumbdown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ1Rb9hC4JY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8OBlq_svBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc

Dang. Whats up with all those badges ppl got on their avi . I feel naked :shifty:

Now, if you didn't have a single badge on yours, it'd be a slightly different story. But you have one already.

I could make another comment, but some people would just make more (inappropriate) jokes with it :smuggrin:

Become an SDN author! Or link to your twitter account. Or join NCPA. Or become a donor. All sorts of ways to get badges. :D
I guess :)

Nothing wrong with being naked...
:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: :ninja:

Whatttt. I've been doing this at work for the passed... two to three weeks?? They have been coming on the store music for some reason I just realized it today.

Started with this...
[YOUTUBE]5A_Rl8aQxII[/YOUTUBE]
Then this...
[YOUTUBE]JIVaUcE4kAM[/YOUTUBE]

Now it's spiraling out of control... these aren't even on the store music and I've been singing them :thumbdown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ1Rb9hC4JY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8OBlq_svBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc

A agree w/ the tarzan song. Heck I love the whole Tarzan sountrack and all the Lion King Songs!!!

Now, if you didn't have a single badge on yours, it'd be a slightly different story. But you have one already.

I could make another comment, but some people would just make more (inappropriate) jokes with it :smuggrin:
I still feel naked tho. :( oh well. Does anyone wanna donate :smuggrin:

So a week before my first mortgage payment is due, Waterstone (who gave me a kickass 30-year rate of 3.75% that nobody else could come close to) has already sold my mortgage off. So instead of a nice, smallish bank out of Wisconsin holding my loan, those *******s at JP Morgan Chase have purchased the rights to it. Already. Is it common for smaller mortgage companies to dump new loans to the big guys that fast?

The good news though is that I get the great rate and lower writing fees associated with the dude down the block...but now get the online and automatic payment options from a major bank. Actually pretty decent deal for me. And given that the interest rate is barely higher than the historical rate of inflation, those asshats won't really get that much out of me. Ha ha.

So the police were blocking off a road on my route. I was told it was a show. Breaking Bad maybe?:confused:

Only one in class presentation, one poster session, three finals, three cases, one paper, and about 10 hours of work on my independent project and I'm done!