OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I developed hives tonight. Third time in a week. Nothing like a little idiopathic urticaria to ruin your night :(

Members don't see this ad.

Stressed, maybe?

I don't know but I took two benadryl, slathered on some hydrocortisone and the hives subsided (mostly). It's not a response to medication. I still have them a little this morning but it's the desire to scratch them that's killing me. They itch like crazy!!! Who knew that trying to ignore a scratch is so hard. I vaguely remember how hard it was when I got chickenpox at 6.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know but I took two benadryl, slathered on some hydrocortisone and the hives subsided (mostly). It's not a response to medication. I still have them a little this morning but it's the desire to scratch them that's killing me. They itch like crazy!!! Who knew that trying to ignore a scratch is so hard. I vaguely remember how hard it was when I got chickenpox at 6.
Itching = the worst!!! I can't deal with bugbites, rashes, or anything. I'm no better at controlling my urge to scratch now than I was at the age of 4. Hives sound awful. I'm just so thankful for medications like cetirizine...

Itching = the worst!!! I can't deal with bugbites, rashes, or anything. I'm no better at controlling my urge to scratch now than I was at the age of 4. Hives sound awful. I'm just so thankful for medications like cetirizine...

I also have a heard time resisting the urge to scratch when I itch.

Thanks for commiserating with me. I'm probably going to be laying around all day because of these pesky things.

I'm so glad a certain someone still talks to me :D

I guess it doesn't count if I'm talking to her on the phone when she's working, and she answers at the front desk.

I nominate this for "bob's creepiest post ever"

It's not supposed to be.

I know she answers at the front desk because I call the front desk. I don't stare through the glass windows or anything like that. I'd just walk in and talk to her if I saw her.

It's not supposed to be.

I know she answers at the front desk because I call the front desk. I don't stare through the glass windows or anything like that. I'd just walk in and talk to her if I saw her.

I used to frequent a certain bar just to talk to a very attractive bartender. We went out a few times. You see, the difference is I actually asked her out.

You should do the same. Otherwise, if you just keep calling or whatever, then it becomes creepy.

I used to frequent a certain bar just to talk to a very attractive bartender. We went out a few times. You see, the difference is I actually asked her out.

You should do the same. Otherwise, if you just keep calling or whatever, then it becomes creepy.

I didn't say I kept calling her. It's strictly for work. Well, her work anyway.

We only discuss things related to what she does at her job.

I didn't say I kept calling her. It's strictly for work. Well, her work anyway.

We only discuss things related to what she does at her job.

Bob, one year at annual or something, I need to train you in the art of talking to women and asking them out.

it's really not that hard. The main thing is to not get bummed out over rejection. You will be rejected at some point. But, once you get good at just being yourself and directing your energy toward making others feel good, things just happen.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
34zmtu1.jpg

Me + 8" long CozySac + 70" Sharp Aquos + new Ghost Recon game + first moments of my week off = happiness

That is a freakin huge TV to have all to one's self.

2 cups whole milk (may substitute 1% milk)
1 1/8 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream (may substituent half and half)
1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Duncan Hines classic yellow cake mix
1 King Size Kit Kat Bar, crushed

Put milk in bowl, mic in sugar until dissolved. Add cream. Mix. Add vanilla extract. Mix. Add cake batter using 2 alliquots.

Put in ice cream maker (I am using the Cuisinart ICE30BCC, churning times may vary) for 15 minutes. Toss in crumbled up Kit Kat. Continue churning for 10 minutes. Remove product from ice cream maker and place in 2 quart tupperware container. Freeze for 3 hours.

You're ****ing welcome.

I call it "Kitty Kat Birthday." And its the tastiest ice cream on the damned planet. (Not really, but I like it a hell of a whole lot...)

34zmtu1.jpg

Me + 8" long CozySac + 70" Sharp Aquos + new Ghost Recon game + first moments of my week off = happiness

My wife would never allow me to do such a thing. I am only allowed to sit down for a maximum of 5 minutes before I have to vacuum something, wipe off a counter, or do some other chore.

2 cups whole milk (may substitute 1% milk)
1 1/8 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream (may substituent half and half)
1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Duncan Hines classic yellow cake mix
1 King Size Kit Kat Bar, crushed

Put milk in bowl, mic in sugar until dissolved. Add cream. Mix. Add vanilla extract. Mix. Add cake batter using 2 alliquots.

Put in ice cream maker (I am using the Cuisinart ICE30BCC, churning times may vary) for 15 minutes. Toss in crumbled up Kit Kat. Continue churning for 10 minutes. Remove product from ice cream maker and place in 2 quart tupperware container. Freeze for 3 hours.

You're ****ing welcome.

I call it "Kitty Kat Birthday." And its the tastiest ice cream on the damned planet. (Not really, but I like it a hell of a whole lot...)

Thanks Mikey. You surprise me sometimes with your sweetness ;)

My wife would never allow me to do such a thing. I am only allowed to sit down for a maximum of 5 minutes before I have to vacuum something, wipe off a counter, or do some other chore.

Do the chore before you sit down. And if you're planning to sit down, a walk up behind her, quick thirty second shoulder rub plus kiss on the cheek and an I love you will make her pause before asking you to do something after you're relaxing.

Still have hives off and on. Had a scary dream about them spreading to my feet.

Anyone going to view the venus transit over the sun on jun 5th? I'm on the waiting list for one of our observatories. I think I'll buy some welding goggles this week in case we don't get called.

It bothers me that there's another thread that starts with "OT: "

Do the chore before you sit down. And if you're planning to sit down, a walk up behind her, quick thirty second shoulder rub plus kiss on the cheek and an I love you will make her pause before asking you to do something after you're relaxing.

Rxlea,

This worked wonders! It bought me about 15 extra minutes.. I ended up getting about 20 minutes instead of my normal 3-5 minutes.

I am going to start running some more things by this thread..

So when do most people change their addresses on their drivers licenses? Only when they buy a house?

in my state, you are required to within ten days of moving. Or you can get a ticket.
Can't the person just say that they're visiting and only arrived a few days ago? That'll be my excuse ;)

Can't the person just say that they're visiting and only arrived a few days ago? That'll be my excuse ;)

I used that line every time I was pulled over while away for College. Update my license every 4 years to be accurate? What am I, a sucker? :smuggrin:

I used that line every time I was pulled over while away for College. Update my license every 4 years to be accurate? What am I, a sucker? :smuggrin:

Mine would be a year and a half before it's actually due for an update/renewal.

I use my parents address on my drivers licence. I haven't lived there in 7 years.:laugh:

Interesting.

Four times in three years. Two tickets, one of which I fought. I still paid, but no points. Once for sliding through a stop sign (no ticket), twice for speeding (once no ticket, the other was the ticket I fought), and once for not wearing a seat belt (bastard gave me a ticket, which I paid - no points).

Awe I was hoping for some juicy stories. I was pulled over once for speeding a few months back (ticket) and once after prom night (no ticket). The cop just asked if I was drunk and then let me go.

It was actually funny how I got my first ticket. I was talking to a friend telling him that I had never gotten a ticket and was only pulled over once and he laughed at me. After that I pretty much sped around everywhere going 10-15 over and 3 days later got a ticket.

Four times in three years. Two tickets, one of which I fought. I still paid, but no points. Once for sliding through a stop sign (no ticket), twice for speeding (once no ticket, the other was the ticket I fought), and once for not wearing a seat belt (bastard gave me a ticket, which I paid - no points).

Wow, you're a regular criminal, aren't you? :smuggrin:

If i talked about what I did this evening, A4MD might say it was close to criminal :laugh: I plead the 5th though. :D

Ever notice how bad stuff comes in groups? Someone backed into my car in a parking lot, knocking a hole into the front fender (not sure that is the right word?) of my car. Must have been a truck with a hitch based on the size/shape of the damage.

I've only ever gotten parking tickets.

I was pull over twice but the cops let me go both times! Never had a ticket in my life! :D

Ever notice how bad stuff comes in groups? Someone backed into my car in a parking lot, knocking a hole into the front fender (not sure that is the right word?) of my car. Must have been a truck with a hitch based on the size/shape of the damage.
That happened to my last car. Got a lovely square shaped hole in my bumper:mad:.

I backed into my neighor's mailbox. The mailbox is fine, but my car has a huge/ugly scratch on it! :( Getting it fixed will cost hundreds to thousands. Everytime I get my car scratched up even if it's a small scratch cost almost 1000 to fix. :( I hate it! :mad:

I'm excited to get up every morning. My classmates are cool people, and the profs (for the most part) are fantastic.

I'm sure the excitement will fade. :smuggrin:

:laugh:

There's definitely enough to get involved in to hang myself with extracurriculars, though.

Getting involved and meeting (the right) people is important. I can't stress that enough.

I backed into my neighor's mailbox. The mailbox is fine, but my car has a huge/ugly scratch on it! :( Getting it fixed will cost hundreds to thousands. Everytime I get my car scratched up even if it's a small scratch cost almost 1000 to fix. :( I hate it! :mad:
Shoulda got a corolla.