OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Getting involved and meeting (the right) people is important. I can't stress that enough.

For sure. The alphabet soup parade will continue throughout the first quarter. I need to find out what time commitments some of these groups ask for, but some of them sound pretty cool.

I was so jealous when a classmate rode up on his bike this morning. But then when I left campus, it said 105 on the dash thermostat, and I was no longer jealous.

Members don't see this ad.

Shoulda got a corolla.

A hammer & some white-out would fix this car's mailbox scratches.

579f25481fa31c49a4c034c6917f6af9.jpg

I was so jealous when a classmate rode up on his bike this morning. But then when I left campus, it said 105 on the dash thermostat, and I was no longer jealous.
I thought 108 yesterday was bad but my friend said it gets worse? Every time I leave work it feels like death lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
For sure. The alphabet soup parade will continue throughout the first quarter. I need to find out what time commitments some of these groups ask for, but some of them sound pretty cool.

I have some more stuff I can PM you from experience and observation, if you want.

I had this crazy dream last night where I thought I got charged $297 for bananas.

Now that I think about it, I think it was probably $2 and 97 cents.

:laugh:

I missed this thread. ;)

The idea of SHC driving a Corolla made me lol. If your opinions on cars trend with your view of the meaning of employment, you would just say you don't own a car. Even as you were driving it. :smuggrin:

Congrats on starting school, suki! There is indeed a lot of alphabet soup to learn, but it all works out. Seems like most people join a lot of groups first year and then trim down the list after that.

I'm excited to get up every morning. My classmates are cool people, and the profs (for the most part) are fantastic.

I'm sure the excitement will fade. :smuggrin:

There's definitely enough to get involved in to hang myself with extracurriculars, though.

Yea the excitement will fade eventually :(:p

It's going to be another long summer Lea.

attachment.php

252671_449086928435867_365387975_n.jpg

Oh wow! That looks crazy. Y'all be safe now though!!

Yeah, we're getting a lot of smoke from the fire. Allergies and asthma are acting up for a lot of people :(
It's smelled like a BBQ for weeks now. We have the 300k acre fire going on in the Gila and the new one that's very close to Ruidoso. Between AZ,NM and Co, we are going up in flames.:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Victoria's Secret Semi Annual sale is way too damn addictive. I just counted 22 bras and 13 panties that I bought today from them. :eek: I love it though! :laugh:

Victoria's Secret Semi Annual sale is way too damn addictive. I just counted 22 bras and 13 panties that I bought today from them. :eek: I love it though! :laugh:

Victorias Secret is looking more slutty these days. I like shopping at Soma or Nordstrom for that stuff.

Victorias Secret is looking more slutty these days. I like shopping at Soma or Nordstrom for that stuff.

Nordstrom is much more expensive though right? I only buy VS when it's $30 per bra...I would never spend $60 to $100 for a bra. Unless I have some hot guy I gotta impress I don't see the point in buying a bra for $100. :laugh:

Nordstrom is much more expensive though right? I only buy VS when it's $30 per bra...I would never spend $60 to $100 for a bra. Unless I have some hot guy I gotta impress I don't see the point in buying a bra for $100. :laugh:

I go to nordstrom rack. They have good prices. I go to the regular nordstrom when they change out seasons. I have a girl that calls me when they get their new stuff so I can go buy the old stuff as soon as it goes on clearance/sales. I pay around 30-40 bucks for a bra at soma, though. They are of high quality and much better than nordstrom or victorias secret. I have girls there that know me too.

I go to nordstrom rack. They have good prices. I go to the regular nordstrom when they change out seasons. I have a girl that calls me when they get their new stuff so I can go buy the old stuff as soon as it goes on clearance/sales. I pay around 30-40 bucks for a bra at soma, though. They are of high quality and much better than nordstrom or victorias secret. I have girls there that know me too.

Cool, I'll go look one day! :) Do you handwash all your bras? I have to for VS b/c I am afraid to mess them up in the washing machine.

Is a bra really a bra if it only costs $30?

It use to cost $60 to $100....it's just cheaper b/c they came out with newer stuff, but who cares?

Cool, I'll go look one day! :) Do you handwash all your bras? I have to for VS b/c I am afraid to mess them up in the washing machine.

I put them in the washer on hand wash but I use the mesh bags to protect them from getting caught on anything. Have you used those before? They are awesome. Anyway, then I hang them to dry.

Is a bra really a bra if it only costs $30?

Bras are one of the clothing items I will drop serious cash on. It does make a difference how they are made and what they are made of. Wearing a bra all day sucks already...might as well make it as comfy as possible. The ones from soma feel like you're not wearing one at all. Their underwear are pretty nice too. They have a summer sale on those right now.

I put them in the washer on hand wash but I use the mesh bags to protect them from getting caught on anything. Have you used those before? They are awesome. Anyway, then I hang them to dry.

I have never use the mesh bags before, but I will try them next time. All the VS sales ladies tell me to never hang them to dry, but to lay them down to dry! They all think that is better. But I don't know if it makes a huge difference.

Bras are one of the clothing items I will drop serious cash on. It does make a difference how they are made and what they are made of. Wearing a bra all day sucks already...might as well make it as comfy as possible. The ones from soma feel like you're not wearing one at all. Their underwear are pretty nice too. They have a summer sale on those right now.

When I go back to Taiwan I will see Bras and matching underwear for sale for $3 to $5 dollars! YES, they are that cheap there! Of course there are bras for $100 there too...but they also have cheaper ones for like $3....(unlike USA where it's at least $10 to $15) but yeah, those $3 bras are very pretty and cute...but they also fall apart VERY FAST. :( Same with the shoes in Taiwan...I bought shoes in Taiwan for $5 too and they are also very pretty but break apart so fast.

Basically, yes of course you can buy cheap stuff....but they don't last very long...they are very pretty, but break very fast.

I have never use the mesh bags before, but I will try them next time. All the VS sales ladies tell me to never hang them to dry, but to lay them down to dry! They all think that is better. But I don't know if it makes a huge difference.

When I go back to Taiwan I will see Bras and matching underwear for sale for $3 to $5 dollars! YES, they are that cheap there! Of course there are bras for $100 there too...but they also have cheaper ones for like $3....(unlike USA where it's at least $10 to $15) but yeah, those $3 bras are very pretty and cute...but they also fall apart VERY FAST. :( Same with the shoes in Taiwan...I bought shoes in Taiwan for $5 too and they are also very pretty but break apart so fast.

Basically, yes of course you can buy cheap stuff....but they don't last very long...they are very pretty, but break very fast.

And that's why I spend money on clothes...granted, I hit sales racks and go to the "discount" stores but I buy name brandfor a reason. I've had some of my banana republic and ann taylor clothes for years. If you take care of them, the last. In the end, you spend less because you don't have to replace as often. I love consignment stores. I found a versace suit for 100.00 before. I got my anntaylor suits from there. A month or so ago, I got a tahari shirt that was originally 260 bucks for 60 dollars.

I want to go on a $1,000+ shopping spree.

I did that once. I felt incredibly guilty afterwards.

My mother yelled at me when she found out I spent almost $800 at Victoria Secret yesterday! :( Then I feel really guilty myself. :rolleyes:

I bought 20 bras....I found the matching panties for some of them....I am gonna look some more today and for the next few days...if I can't find the matching panties for the bra then I am gonna return the bra. That way I will feel less guilty for spending so much money when I don't have a job! :laugh:

And that's why I spend money on clothes...granted, I hit sales racks and go to the "discount" stores but I buy name brandfor a reason. I've had some of my banana republic and ann taylor clothes for years. If you take care of them, the last. In the end, you spend less because you don't have to replace as often. I love consignment stores. I found a versace suit for 100.00 before. I got my anntaylor suits from there. A month or so ago, I got a tahari shirt that was originally 260 bucks for 60 dollars.

Do you go to Platos Closet? I go there sometimes to buy clothes too and I also buy clothes on sale at Bebe and Arden B.

Yeah, quality is very important. If you ever go to Taiwan you will see the prettiest shoes and bras for under $5...but they will all fall apart very fast too. But they are pretty to look at. LOL...

New York and Company has very cheap suits too...I bought stuff from them for rotations.

I don't think I can wear Bebe on rotations. :laugh:

This is the girls version of how guys talk about sports. Makes me want too :barf:

I love Plato's Closet. We have one here in Tucson. You have to have a lot of time, too, because you have to go through pretty much every rack.

I'm going to the mall today. I am going to hit up the sale at Macy's and Talbots. I hope banana republic hasn't been totally raided yet. That's why I go during the week...by sunday, all the good stuff is gone.

You need to set a cap for yourself when you shop. That's what I do. If I don't, I'll bring back 20 pairs of shoes.

When I need to get rid of clothes, I donate them to the women's shelter.

Where do you get makeup? I always get clinique because a lot of the other stuff makes me break out. Someone said MAC is good.

You are right about the cap! I am starting to feel so bad about the Victoria Secret shopping spree! lol...

I still owe student loans and if I was a SANE person I shouldn't be buying anything till all that is PAID OFF. :(

I'll look around for matching underwear for my bras....most of them I can't find a matching underwear for...if I can't find the matching underwear for it then I'll just return the bra...LOL...if I buy a bra I MUST GET THE EXACT MATCHING underwear! If I don't have the exact matching underwear then I must get rid of the bra too! lol...that should save me some money! :laugh:

For makeup...I love Chanel! That's a great brand...but super expensive....so I only use Chanel liquid foundation and power. I think it's important to spend money on the foundation and power b/c it's on your face and you are right about breaking out if you use cheap stuff. :eek:

For eye shadow and eyeliner and mascara and lip stick I use Victoria Secret and Sephora. I could use Chanel, but it's more expensive so I use VS or Sephora brand. Maybe when I am a pharmacist I might use more Chanel. LOL...

For nail polish I get Essie on sale or I will use anything...you can go cheap on Nail polish I don't think it really matters.

Only things to not go cheap on is beauty products (like anti wrinkle eye cream and face cream) and foundation...anything for your face I would spend money...but stuff like mascara and nail polish and lip stick...I use VS or Sephora brand....I don't think those have to be super expensive.

Chanel charges $20 for nail polish and $30 for lipstick. Like I said maybe when I am a pharmacist with no debt...then sure I'll do that. hahaha...

I use to use clinque when I was in high school. I only use their foundation and like it a lot.

MAC is GREAT! Their makeup is one of the best and if you like colorful bright eyeshadows then MAC is the way to go! :D

With all this talk I wish I have someone I need to impress....:roll eyes:

I go on rotations everyday and work with old women....why even bother right? :laugh: I just roll out of bed for rotations.

Oh I also got the Bare Essentials eye shadow and blush...but that's about all the brands I use.

I bought 20+ Victoria Secret lip sticks when they were $3 a piece a while ago. LOL...I just got one of each color! :laugh:

You don't like shopping?

I used to it hate it.

We can talk about something else if you want.

My car is all paid off..I'm in the market for a rav4. Do you think that's a good vehicle?

It's not my fave thing to do. I am also shocked at the idea of a student dropping $800 on underwear or buying expensive makeup. I think I just have different priorities than others.

Why the new car? I hate having a car payment. I would drive the paid off one until you absolutely needed a new one, but that's me. I am looking to pay off my new car by the end of the year if possible. I think most Toyotas are good buys, though.

I suggest a nice corolla. Are you trading in or just selling the current car?

It's not my fave thing to do. I am also shocked at the idea of a student dropping $800 on underwear or buying expensive makeup. I think I just have different priorities than others.

Why the new car? I hate having a car payment. I would drive the paid off one until you absolutely needed a new one, but that's me. I am looking to pay off my new car by the end of the year if possible. I think most Toyotas are good buys, though.

Yeah, I would never spend that much on underwear ever. I usually do one big shopping trip a year and pick up shirts here and there. Almost always on sale. I have to spend money on makeup because of my skin, though. It has to be oil free with no allergens and all that. I've tried cheaper stuff but I break out every time. I wish I could spend less. Fortunately, I don't wear makeup everyday so it lasts.

My Yaris is small and we really like doing outdoor stuff (camping, biking, road trips, etc.). Can't really fit everything comfortably in my tiny car. Plus we sold our Nissan and only have one car now. It would be nice to have two. I don't want to drop a ton of money on a vehicle but I want one that will last.

You don't like shopping?

I used to it hate it.

We can talk about something else if you want.

My car is all paid off..I'm in the market for a rav4. Do you think that's a good vehicle?

Honda Fit is nice or get a hybrid to save on gasoline! :)

My mother got piss off at me....and I feel kinda guilty now too...I am gonna return all the bras that I can't find a matching underwear for. I hope that makes it better! :D She gave me an hour long lecture about budgeting and the fact that I need to start learning to do so b/c when I go to Texas I will be all alone. She will only pay for my cellphone and car insurance...everything else is on my own. She told me if I don't budget well I might just have to go hungry! :(

OH and I hardly ever wear makeup...unless I know a hot guy will be there I usually just roll outta bed. :laugh: My sleep is more valuable than gold. And the people in my rotations are mostly old married women. :rolleyes:

My mother got piss off at me....and I feel kinda guilty now too...I am gonna return all the bras that I can't find a matching underwear for. I hope that makes it better! :D She gave me an hour long lecture about budgeting and the fact that I need to start learning to do so b/c when I go to Texas I will be all alone. She will only pay for my cellphone and car insurance...everything else is on my own. She told me if I don't budget well I might just have to go hungry! :(

Yeah, you should feel guilty. If I was your mom, I'd make you pay all of your own bills. If you can spend money like an adult (ok... most adults don't spend $800 on underwear), then you can pay your own bills like an adult.

get a Jetta diesel or a Honda Accord. Both should last a long time.