OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not the same at all.

American car manufacturers pay their employees more and result in more American jobs per car sold than their Japanese counterparts that employ people for less money in right to work states. This is why I won't buy a Lincoln MKZ...its made in Mexico...but my Sable was made in Chicago by UAW workers whose higher salaries will help the overall economy.

Except that not all Japanese car manufacturers have plants in right to work states. In fact, Toyota USA's largest plant is NOT in a right to work state, and employees there make higher wages, on average, than UAW workers.

The UAW is a dinosaur, on the verge of extinction anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

Except that not all Japanese car manufacturers have plants in right to work states. In fact, Toyota USA's largest plant is NOT in a right to work state, and employees there make higher wages, on average, than UAW workers.

The UAW is a dinosaur, on the verge of extinction anyway.

Congrats to Toyota's workers. UAW is more of a side track to what I really care about...which is what each company does to the US economy. Higher paid workers generally means more use to the economy; though there are several other factors. With the Big 3, this mainly includes local contractors creating source materials, higher US investorship, etc.

Fact of the matter is that Chrysler, GM, and Ford still provide more US and Canadian (Canada and the US are pretty much the same country) jobs per car than any other manufacturer. It's almost 80% more jobs per car when you buy from the Big 3 versus even the biggest foreign owned producers such as Toyota and Honda. What's really depressing is that if everyone who bought a Volkswagon bought an American car instead, there would be hundreds of thousands more US jobs. If everyone bought strictly American, we'd be in a boom.

We are just killing ourselves. Pity, really.

Due to not having any such study for dishwashers, I had to use common sense to determine which to purchase, unfortunately. From what I can tell, only Whirlpool and Bosch manufacture in the US and pay quality wages. Yes, I actually did look at this before purchasing. Bosch makes the best dishwashers in the world...and they are one of the few that build them in the US. An easy decision, IMO.

Congrats to Toyota's workers. UAW is more of a side track to what I really care about...which is what each company does to the US economy. Higher paid workers generally means more use to the economy; though there are several other factors. With the Big 3, this mainly includes local contractors creating source materials, higher US investorship, etc.

Fact of the matter is that Chrysler, GM, and Ford still provide more US and Canadian (Canada and the US are pretty much the same country) jobs per car than any other manufacturer. It's almost 80% more jobs per car when you buy from the Big 3 versus even the biggest foreign owned producers such as Toyota and Honda. What's really depressing is that if everyone who bought a Volkswagon bought an American car instead, there would be hundreds of thousands more US jobs. If everyone bought strictly American, we'd be in a boom.

We are just killing ourselves. Pity, really.

Due to not having any such study for dishwashers, I had to use common sense to determine which to purchase, unfortunately. From what I can tell, only Whirlpool and Bosch manufacture in the US and pay quality wages. Yes, I actually did look at this before purchasing. Bosch makes the best dishwashers in the world...and they are one of the few that build them in the US. An easy decision, IMO.

I don't really care about your dishwasher. I just think it's pretty funny that you'd choose a German brand, considering your vitriol toward people who buy non-US cars. I'd buy more American cars if they were better made, lasted longer and held their value better. I did own a quality Ford truck that I just sold. But in general, my experience with domestic cars hasn't been all that great. And I've owned Chevy, Geo, Dodge, Ford (car), Ford (truck), Hyundai, Kia, Toyota (x2) and now Honda. Might be missing a brand or two in there... not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. When Americans can make cars that rival the dependability, gas mileage, and long term value of Japanese cars, I'll consider getting one. I live in a desert that is brutal on a car and that requires long commutes. American car companies just can't seem to get it right. My friends that have tried American have switched back to Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. Plus, Japanese cars have nicer body styles. I mean, look at how ugly the Focus, Taurus, and Cavalier have been over the years :p

I agree. When Americans can make cars that rival the dependability, gas mileage, and long term value of Japanese cars, I'll consider getting one. I live in a desert that is brutal on a car and that requires long commutes. American car companies just can't seem to get it right. My friends that have tried American have switched back to Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. Plus, Japanese cars have nicer body styles. I mean, look at how ugly the Focus, Taurus, and Cavalier have been over the years :p

I :love:my new Honda minivan. Will be so useful for driving all my babies around and parking in those "parents with young children" parking spaces. :smuggrin:

I :love:my new Honda minivan. Will be so useful for driving all my babies around and parking in those "parents with young children" parking spaces. :smuggrin:

What's the MPG like? We've pretty much out-grown our Mazda5 (which we love), it just doesn't have enough space with 4 kids in back. Next to the 5, it loks like the Odyssey and Sienna would be best MPG-wise.

What's the MPG like? We've pretty much out-grown our Mazda5 (which we love), it just doesn't have enough space with 4 kids in back. Next to the 5, it loks like the Odyssey and Sienna would be best MPG-wise.

About 20 MPG. I looked at Siennas too, but just liked the Odyssey better. The Siennas I looked at were more basic and my Odyssey has all the upgrades. Leather, power, XM, etc. And it buckles 8, although I probably won't have that many kiddos. :laugh:

The only American vehicle I will buy in a heart beat are Ford Trucks. I wouldnt be caught dead in a chevy car and most ford cars. Don't even get me started on Dodge :p.

If I buy American, I'll get a Corvette or a Viper. It'll probably be a very long time before I buy one :laugh:

Corvette>>>>>>Viper. Way to expensive to buy and maintain.

A guy drove a BRAND NEW red corvette to the drive thru at Walgreens one time...he parked very close to the drawer that pops out to collect money and give away the meds....

So when he asked for his meds I push the drawer out and it hit his mirror and scratched it BADLY...I didn't notice it at first so I actually push the drawer out twice and scratched that car up pretty badly! :laugh:

:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
A guy drove a BRAND NEW red corvette to the drive thru at Walgreens one time...he parked very close to the drawer that pops out to collect money and give away the meds....

So when he asked for his meds I push the drawer out and it hit his mirror and scratched it BADLY...I didn't notice it at first so I actually push the drawer out twice and scratched that car up pretty badly! :laugh:

:oops:

facepalm111.jpg

:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: :laugh:

Can't tell if status update is true or just a cry for attention.

That should be in a meme. I can't find a picture with that on it :laugh:

I don't really care about your dishwasher. I just think it's pretty funny that you'd choose a German brand, considering your vitriol toward people who buy non-US cars.

And what was REALLY funny was when you thought you had me in a gotcha, but it turned out that, as usual, I was underestimated...

I'd buy more American cars if they were better made, lasted longer and held their value better.

Fords have for some time but people are too stupid to notice. They had a recent hiccup with some idiotic touchscreen menu thing that pissed people off, but their guts...the drivetrain...accessories..etc...they've always been very solid. And GM is getting better. The new JD Power Survey released a few days ago had their highest rating in 26 years. And Chrysler...I'm telling you...they will soon be one of the finest car companies around. Mark my words. Their new CEO isn't messing around. Read up on him.

The whole "domestics aren't as good" thing is late 90s information. I'll gladly put Ford up against anyone...and soon GM will be there, too. And I got hopes for Chrysler. High hopes.

And what was REALLY funny was when you thought you had me in a gotcha, but it turned out that, as usual, I was underestimated...
Fords have for some time but people are too stupid to notice. They had a recent hiccup with some idiotic touchscreen menu thing that pissed people off, but their guts...the drivetrain...accessories..etc...they've always been very solid. And GM is getting better. The new JD Power Survey released a few days ago had their highest rating in 26 years. And Chrysler...I'm telling you...they will soon be one of the finest car companies around. Mark my words. Their new CEO isn't messing around. Read up on him.

The whole "domestics aren't as good" thing is late 90s information. I'll gladly put Ford up against anyone...and soon GM will be there, too. And I got hopes for Chrysler. High hopes.

Nah, I could never underestimate your capacity for self-aggrandizement. It has pretty good entertainment value. Not quite as entertaining as SHC and her many foibles and adventures, but getting there. Keep up the good work, little guy! :thumbup::smuggrin:

For a time I think Sparda was winning, but there can be no doubt that SHC is currently in the lead. It is hard to stay on top though, someone is always gunning for top place.

For a time I think Sparda was winning, but there can be no doubt that SHC is currently in the lead. It is hard to stay on top though, someone is always gunning for top place.

You are right. It's been a dead heat between Sparda and SHC, but I think she's pulled ahead. There are a few other people I might put on the "Top 5 LOLworthy Posters" list ahead of WVU. But some of them are so sensitive... I don't want to call them out. They might cry!

You are right. It's been a dead heat between Sparda and SHC, but I think she's pulled ahead. There are a few other people I might put on the "Top 5 LOLworthy Posters" list ahead of WVU. But some of them are so sensitive... I don't want to call them out. They might cry!

OoOoH. Spill!

There are a few other people I might put on the "Top 5 LOLworthy Posters" list ahead of WVU.!

Wow, being that this is like my #5 or #6 forum on my favorite forum list, that's impressive.

It used to be #1 back in '05-'07. That's back when we built this greatness of this forum. I have noticed that the less I post, the lamer this place gets. But I've been slipping the last year or so...and I admit it. We had good times back in the day. Epic threads. Exploding cars. Fun cartoons. But I was angry all of the time back then. When I'm angry, I get creative and over-the-top sarcastic to cope. And this site is a great outlet for that. Unfortunately, I'm too damn happy now with the low stress, high pay, tons of time off job I got going on. For that, I apologize.

Also, Sparda makes up 95% of the crap he posts. The Asian chick probably conceals 95% of the embarrassing things she does. She the type of person that pulls open a door and forgets to move her leg out of the way halfway through.

Top! Page566

Some of my favorite Mike posts were the ones where you get stuck in the shack.:laugh:

Tell me I'm not the only one that lol'd at Mountain's "you are a strange little person" comment.... :D

I did.

Eh, I sort of feel like it is picking on the slow kid in class, not saying I disagree with it though...

It is a little mean, but I had been thinking the same thing as Mountain. Your friends and casual acquaintances are going to be polite and supportive, not tell you "OMG you ****ed up!"

Ok car peeps...

My ac is blowing ever so slightly weaker than normal. Nobody would notice it but me because I'm anal about my car and I know every little squeak and sound. Anybody ever have this problem? It's still super cold and blows hard enough to keep the cabin cool but I noticed it's a tad bit weaker...

Before I get my hands in there, you think it's a fan or something ? I've hard of **** getting stuck in the vents before. If that's the case, you think it's safe to go in through the glovebox/cabin filter?

Yaris 2008. I get all of my regular maintenance and never have a problem because of it. If this is going to require some repair or whatever, I'm going to take care of it now.

Just want to know if y'all have been able to fix it yourself. Advice?

Could be the AC filter,or it could just need a good old fashioned charge. Being in AZ I assume you use it a **** load, so it could be one of those two.

Thank GOD it's Friday! Waking up at 6:30AM every morning sucks ass. :thumbdown: Noon should be the standard wake up time.

This rotation isn't as easy as the last one. Boooo!!!

Waking up at 6:30 isn't that hard. I've been doing that for a while now.

Welcome to the real world SHC. I've been getting up around that time for over 6 years.:p

Such a whiner. Some of us get up at the ass crack of dawn for work or medicaid babies.

Are you trying to say it's possible to have to get up BEFORE 6:30am? :eek: