OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Chicago is one of my favorite cities. One of those places that I really love to visit, but could also see myself living there (vs. NYC and Miami favorite vacation spots but I probably would never permanently move to either).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not because I did anything silly, I should add. I'm on call and other people have been ordering (or not ordering) things in a ridiculous manner for the past three hours. They have all gone insane i say.

No ma'am, I'm afraid I can't open this box of pen needles and loan you a few until your script is ready to be refilled.

No ma'am, I don't want you to pass out because you haven't had your insulin.

No ma'am, I don't want to be sued.

I'm sorry you feel that way, ma'am. Have a nice day.

I have always wondered what exactly is the purpose of this thread? I hope I am not dumb for asking that. I mean it obviously is something good, cause there are so many pages. i have always wanted to say something in this thread but I just don't understand what exactly this thread is about.

I have always wondered what exactly is the purpose of this thread? I hope I am not dumb for asking that. I mean it obviously is something good, cause there are so many pages. i have always wanted to say something in this thread but I just don't understand what exactly this thread is about.

:hello: . It's the off-topic thread. So basically anything that doesn't pertain to the rest of the threads in pre-pharm, which makes it a social thread mostly.

:hello: . It's the off-topic thread. So basically anything that doesn't pertain to the rest of the threads in pre-pharm, which makes it a social thread mostly.

O ok that's cool. Thanks i appreciate that.

Don't be shy to post! Is slow in here most of the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will start talking more on this thread. i am going to start being more social on here, haha.

Although, man... I must say: the lack of a solid, unified EMR really makes it hard to search and parse info quickly. I take it for granted that some facilities give you CrCl automatically, for example.

It seems almost no one does EMR right.

LTAC should be cool from a pharmacy standpoint, super long med lists.

Okay, serious question here:

How do people get that NCPA icon under their avatar? I've seen Pre-Pharms and Pharmacists both have it! What do you do to get it?

Question for Owle or other pharmacists/pharm students/whoever has an opinion: Should I be giving my cell phone as my contact number when I call in scripts? I usually just give the general hospital number that's on our script pads, and after talking with one of my colleagues today I hope I'm not annoying anyone by giving the general number (granted this colleague tends to be a little over the top with things and a micro-manager).

Also, doxy is off the 4 dollar list wtf. I learned all kinds of pharmacy stuff today.

Also, doxy is off the 4 dollar list wtf. I learned all kinds of pharmacy stuff today.

Doxy got stupid expensive.

I give the general ED number when I call in scripts. I've never worked retail, but I at least give them the number for the department...

I hoard physician cell phone numbers for when they don't answer thei pagers. Stupid community hospital. My favorite is when I called one pulmonologist and he was all "who gave you this number!?!?" And I was all "you did, when you asked me to look up abcxyz 3 months ago." Boom. I always save those.

Either number is fine by me. I would think you would prefer the ED number be given, unless you enjoy being called by the pharmacy on your days off.

I can tell you, calling the ED can be the pits though, especially if the script does not have the physician's printed name on it (for scripts not called in).

Question for Owle or other pharmacists/pharm students/whoever has an opinion: Should I be giving my cell phone as my contact number when I call in scripts? I usually just give the general hospital number that's on our script pads, and after talking with one of my colleagues today I hope I'm not annoying anyone by giving the general number (granted this colleague tends to be a little over the top with things and a micro-manager).

Yea, I work at walmart as a tech and when it was taken off people were like ZOMG I'm not paying 55. Call my Dr!!! Get it changed!

D
I hoard physician cell phone numbers for when they don't answer thei pagers. Stupid community hospital. My favorite is when I called one pulmonologist and he was all "who gave you this number!?!?" And I was all "you did, when you asked me to look up abcxyz 3 months ago." Boom. I always save those.

lol. we're one of those pseudoacademic hospitals (have some residency programs, but most of the attendings are private) and I get the distinct feeling when I return pages to social work, pharmacy and a few others that a lot of people don't return their pages. They really lay it on about how great and amazing it is that I returned their page and I'm just like"
: ":confused: I return all my pages"

Either number is fine by me. I would think you would prefer the ED number be given, unless you enjoy being called by the pharmacy on your days off.

I can tell you, calling the ED can be the pits though, especially if the script does not have the physician's printed name on it (for scripts not called in).
Good point.

Thanks for the input guys.

lol. we're one of those pseudoacademic hospitals (have some residency programs, but most of the attendings are private) and I get the distinct feeling when I return pages to social work, pharmacy and a few others that a lot of people don't return their pages. They really lay it on about how great and amazing it is that I returned their page and I'm just like"
: ":confused: I return all my pages"

Really? I always say, "Thanks for returning my call," but that's about it.

So, how does one go about putting an avatar on profile?

Really? I always say, "Thanks for returning my call," but that's about it.

Yeah, There's this "ZOMG!!!!" thanks you so so so so so so so so much for returning my call" reaction every-time I call a couple departments back.

Who it is who doesn't return pages regularly? I can really only think of the private people. I know I'd eventually get in trouble for ignoring pages.

So, how does one go about putting an avatar on profile?

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/profile.php?do=editavatar

Who it is who doesn't return pages regularly? I can really only think of the private people. I know I'd eventually get in trouble for ignoring pages.

In an academic hospital, when an intern didn't answer x2, I could go to the resident...

But in a community hospital, there's almost no ownership, when there are 6 consultants on the case, everyone wants to defer everything and it takes 4 phone calls to accomplish anything.

In an academic hospital, when an intern didn't answer x2, I could go to the resident...

But in a community hospital, there's almost no ownership, when there are 6 consultants on the case, everyone wants to defer everything and it takes 4 phone calls to accomplish anything.

We don't have a hard policy (or even a soft policy really) which allows some residents in other departments to ignore their pagers if they choose. For the EM people our administration would be pissed if we were regularly ignoring pages. plus patient care and all that, sometimes the pages are actually important.

Hey everyone, how's everyone doing today? Any plans for this weekend?

I'm hanging out at home with this girl I've been dating on and off. we'll probably just have a few drinks and watch movies or something. Can't go too crazy since I'm working tomorrow and Sunday starting a 0600 (well i could, but we have one less resident on weekends and the service i'm on tends to get the annoying variety of patients= miserable day to be dragging).

What is with this thing where people try to charge into the elevator when the door opens without letting people off?

In DC the NPR studios had a sign on the door to all the stairs that said something like free gym membership, inquire within :p I try to take them as much as possible to avoid the elevator games

About to give Portlandia a try. Wife and I are considering moving to the Pacific Northwest some time after graduation. Anyone have any insight? Considered maybe trying to become Canadian, practicing in Alberta, but the pharmacist wage there seems so much lower than on the other side of the border. But then again: dat universal healthcare.

In DC the NPR studios had a sign on the door to all the stairs that said something like free gym membership, inquire within :p I try to take them as much as possible to avoid the elevator games

I love that!

As you should.

Sad I didn't go this weekend for pitchfork - plane tickets were $$$$

Seriously, plane tickets are ridonk.

Sorry you missed it.

It rained again last night but today is another beautiful day!!!!

I went to Roka Akor the other night and spent a fortune but damn was it worth every penny.

I'm going to try to get down to the barrio (during the day) and get some real Mexican food. The Mexican food in the loop is ****. Only good for Margaritas.

About to give Portlandia a try. Wife and I are considering moving to the Pacific Northwest some time after graduation. Anyone have any insight? Considered maybe trying to become Canadian, practicing in Alberta, but the pharmacist wage there seems so much lower than on the other side of the border. But then again: dat universal healthcare.

I love that!

Seattle is cool. mountain, ocean. mild climate. Cool people. it is really expensive though (but what big city isn't these days?)

I always hear Portland talked up as a mini-seattle type place. Can't speak from experience. Downsides: apparently it has some kind of hipster infestation.

no idea about Canada.

So I'd say we had a good Tuesday night... :prof::cool:

643903_10102059328855942_381468903_n.jpg