OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TOP!

08070.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Alright it's time for me to head to bed. Hopefully I won't hear any more questions about pregnant transexuals tonight.

Maybe in your dreams! Seriously :laugh:

Since this is an off-topic thread, wanna hear a story about a girl that I wrote one time to try to get some replies about why it might have happened, and never got any replies? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
My fiancee and I were stumbling through channels earlier and happened upon Transgender and Pregnant. That was interesting.

She asked me how I would react if I worked with the girl who was becoming a boy, but was pregnant and deciding on whether or not to be the one that breastfed.

:whoa:

:eek:. My life feels so wholesome now that I have canceled teh cable.

I like the office, I have most of the DVDs.

Only thing I really miss is National Geographic. Watching large creatures devoure smaller creatures never gets old.

LOL I do not like the smell of feet either! Luckily the office is very clean and nice. I'm not sure how things went though because the position is for a medical assistant in the back where they do procedures, and I have no experience. I like dealing with interesting injuries and infections, but they said they recieved A LOT of applications and they don't usually interview that many people. They have another person who has tons of experience, but they don't know how that will pan out... I guess it is because they might want to train someone from scratch. Regardless, I doubt I will be chosen because they know I am applying to pharmacy school and I will eventually be moving away :( It really is a perfect job outside the fact that I can't get hired as a pharmacy tech... but I think I'm going to keep trying that if I don't find a job soon. lol

Is a pharmacy tech job really that hard to find??? I found two jobs this year pretty easily. However, they were both retail (walgreens and target) I am sure hospital is a lot harder to find, if thats where you are looking at. I can't imagine anyone wanting to work as a retail pharmacy tech, UNDER PAY + HIGH STRESS = the WORST job in the world! :laugh: I am so glad pharmacy school started in August, gave me a great excuse to quit my job! LOL...

Members don't see this ad :)
pssh... I'm keeping my job. Need that 10% discount baby! ;)

It will be a b*tch to work during pharmacy school. The exams and classes itself aren't hard, but pharmacy schools LOVE to give you useless busy work like (IPPE, Poster presentations, MTM patient interviews, required Community service work, etc) the busy work alone is worst than a real job! :laugh: You will see what I am talking about next year!

Is a pharmacy tech job really that hard to find??? I found two jobs this year pretty easily. However, they were both retail (walgreens and target) I am sure hospital is a lot harder to find, if thats where you are looking at. I can't imagine anyone wanting to work as a retail pharmacy tech, UNDER PAY + HIGH STRESS = the WORST job in the world! :laugh: I am so glad pharmacy school started in August, gave me a great excuse to quit my job! LOL...

Idk I guess it depends on the area. Down here people are like fighting to do anything for 5 dollars an hour and businesses know that so they can pretty much pick and chose who they hire. LOL My apartment from undergrad, if you type the address in mapquest and search for pharmacy, 150 pharmacies come up within 5.05 miles. lol I applied to all 4 targets, like 20 Walgeens and CVS, and a few privately owned ones. They all told me they need someone who is already certified with experience because of the high volume. I think south Florida just sucks for jobs though. 100 people probably applied for the same job, and most of those people are probably older with experience and kids to feed. I pretty much gave up. LOL Luckily I got to volunteer at the hospital though :D

whew crazyB! Those girls were brutal. :rolleyes: Nevertheless, seems as though you asked for the digits just fine...just a couple a'weirdos...:confused:

Definitely :laugh: But the girl was really cute, so it was just a shame that we don't talk anymore :(

Oh well. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with people like that anymore. (Most) People in pharmacy school are much nicer, more considerate, and more caring.

Idk I guess it depends on the area. Down here people are like fighting to do anything for 5 dollars an hour and businesses know that so they can pretty much pick and chose who they hire. LOL My apartment from undergrad, if you type the address in mapquest and search for pharmacy, 150 pharmacies come up within 5.05 miles. lol I applied to all 4 targets, like 20 Walgeens and CVS, and a few privately owned ones. They all told me they need someone who is already certified with experience because of the high volume. I think south Florida just sucks for jobs though. 100 people probably applied for the same job, and most of those people are probably older with experience and kids to feed. I pretty much gave up. LOL Luckily I got to volunteer at the hospital though :D

last summer I applied at like 5 CVS's, 2 hospitals and literally 30 Walgreens back home and didn't get a single job. Then over the summer I applied at the university hospital at my school and when I came in to drop off my application the lady like yelled at me. She was all "where did you get this? we are not hiring! I can't believe this" but I left my application with her anyway... and a few months later someone else called me for an interview and I got the job! Seriously don't give up!! its so worth it in the end. good luck :thumbup:

last summer I applied at like 5 CVS's, 2 hospitals and literally 30 Walgreens back home and didn't get a single job. Then over the summer I applied at the university hospital at my school and when I came in to drop off my application the lady like yelled at me. She was all "where did you get this? we are not hiring! I can't believe this" but I left my application with her anyway... and a few months later someone else called me for an interview and I got the job! Seriously don't give up!! its so worth it in the end. good luck :thumbup:

:laugh: I doubt she has anything to do with HR. People are going to yell whenever they think something is wrong even though they don't understand how it works lol

Oh, and if someone like her tries that again, ask to see someone in Human Resources or Administration and get her into some trouble if she scared you or made you mad :laugh:

:laugh: I doubt she has anything to do with HR. People are going to yell whenever they think something is wrong even though they don't understand how it works lol

Oh, and if someone like her tries that again, ask to see someone in Human Resources or Administration and get her into some trouble if she scared you or made you mad :laugh:

haha Im almost positive she was just the secretary who sits at the front desk in the administrative offices.

I was pretty upset but I tend to get stuck in awkward situations, so having this tiny little old woman yell at me as I'm trembling and towering over her (and i'm only like 5'3... she was little) was pretty awkward. I literally had to hold my hand over my mouth as I walked out to keep from laughing. It wasn't until later I got super pissed about it. :laugh:

Aced the microbiology exam and now I'm just trying to calm my nerves before heading to the bar to do some stand-up. Good thing bars sell beer. :D

And they have pretty girls who give them to you :laugh:

The best part is I have no idea whether or not this hobby is suitable for mentioning as an EC.

Same here! I never did stand up, but I've worked at a bar as a cocktail waitress and I'm like hmmm is this even relevant? LOL I think it is worth mentioning because I know how to deal with rude drunk customers which is kind of like dealing with mean fake script people demanding their pills! :laugh:

Yeah I have a feeling this occurs in a lot of different work places. I've worked as a waitress for a while and at certain places if you have no experience you won't get hired right away, so they make you a hostess first. Well if a waitress spot opens up they will "promote" the hostess, so whenever seemingly older or possibly experienced girls would walk in for an application sometimes the hostess would be like "WE AREN'T HIRING RRRRRAAARRRRR" and basically yell at them and scare them away. Sad I know. Also... in other places people sometimes aren't very accepting of new people getting hired because they think shifts will get taken away from them. This is not ALL places, but there are people out there like that.

I think I am going to apply at Publix tomorrow. I have hospital pharmacy experience from volunteering but it's better to have both.

Was watching How The Earth Was Made the other night on History and one of the scientists they talked to was a transgendered man. Really, really caught me off guard

Five Hour Energy Drink kicks Red Bull's ass....they are sold in these teeny tiny vials that make you laugh and say "yeah right, what a joke"...but being able to work 6am-6pm after going to bed at 3am aint no joke. :scared:

Black coffee is where it's at.

well, if maybe i can acquire the taste for it....here i am, 30, I should be liking it by now. Its my age right. Nope, every few months, I try again....YUCK!!!!! :hungover::hungover:

Clap, clap, clap for you~

Just got out of my last regular calc exam. I'm not optimistic. Thankfully this guy's final will count for 40% of the final grade... and is pulled exclusively from the exams we've taken so far. Apparently he doesn't like having to deal with finals and thus makes them as easy as possible for him to take care of.

Yeah I have a feeling this occurs in a lot of different work places. I've worked as a waitress for a while and at certain places if you have no experience you won't get hired right away, so they make you a hostess first. Well if a waitress spot opens up they will "promote" the hostess, so whenever seemingly older or possibly experienced girls would walk in for an application sometimes the hostess would be like "WE AREN'T HIRING RRRRRAAARRRRR" and basically yell at them and scare them away. Sad I know. Also... in other places people sometimes aren't very accepting of new people getting hired because they think shifts will get taken away from them. This is not ALL places, but there are people out there like that.

I think I am going to apply at Publix tomorrow. I have hospital pharmacy experience from volunteering but it's better to have both.

+1

My parents own restaurant and I see people fighting over tables and schedules all the time. They will not be happy if a new person came in! NO body likes to share their job...everyone wants job security.

well, if maybe i can acquire the taste for it....here i am, 30, I should be liking it by now. Its my age right. Nope, every few months, I try again....YUCK!!!!! :hungover::hungover:

I can't drink regular coffee. I can drink Mocha, Latte, Cappuccino, Frappuccino, etc. Mostly things from Starbucks :laugh:

Coffee is one of the few flavors that makes me sick to my stomach. I cannot eat/drink anything with coffee flavor in it. Which sucks because sometimes they will look/smell so good.

Red Bull/Amp/Mtn Dew are my go tos

My best friend would just give me a ration of crap any time we went to Starbucks. Peppermint mocha was worth bonus points!

Well, if you're with your best friend, he/she should understand. My best friends don't really care about what I eat/drink.

Coffee is one of the few flavors that makes me sick to my stomach. I cannot eat/drink anything with coffee flavor in it. Which sucks because sometimes they will look/smell so good.

Red Bull/Amp/Mtn Dew are my go tos

tell me about it...i LOVE the way it smells....ive even tried tons of sugar...nope

My best friend would just give me a ration of crap any time we went to Starbucks. Peppermint mocha was worth bonus points!

i cant even do starbucks, their hot chocolate blows. I guess I can do the tea there....

I can't drink regular coffee. I can drink Mocha, Latte, Cappuccino, Frappuccino, etc. Mostly things from Starbucks :laugh:

I find it so silly that you can have every coffee flavored beverage under the moon, but no coffee...lol....sure are an interesting fella