Employment & Professional Networking OT Opportunities in Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellridge12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I know this may be a long shot to find the information I'm looking for, but I am considering moving to Washington State upon graduation from my OT program and I was wondering if someone from the area could give me some insight on popular/good places for an OT to work.
Maryland has Johns Hopkins Hospital and Sheppard Pratt as their big research & practice settings, so I'm wondering if there are any well known hospitals or cool places students hope to get fieldwork placements from :) Somewhere that has a good reputation for OT careers. I'm specifically thinking of places around the Seattle/Tacoma metropolitan area, but any ideas are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I'm currently a prospective OT student, so my recommendation is only based on my shadowing experience in the area, but check out Seattle Children's Hospital and University of Washington medical center.
The former seems to have good opportunities for early intervention work in a pediatric setting. The latter seems to be a great general hospital incorporating research opportunities, potential grants/state funding, etc.
Both hospitals are within 10 miles from each other, overlooking Lake Washington in Seattle.
Hope this helps!

Hi!

I'm currently a prospective OT student, so my recommendation is only based on my shadowing experience in the area, but check out Seattle Children's Hospital and University of Washington medical center.
The former seems to have good opportunities for early intervention work in a pediatric setting. The latter seems to be a great general hospital incorporating research opportunities, potential grants/state funding, etc.
Both hospitals are within 10 miles from each other, overlooking Lake Washington in Seattle.
Hope this helps!
Thank you! I'll look into those!