OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone play WoW? :D

I'm thinking of picking up some free Steam games.

I played WoW for about 4 years of my life before Mists came out haha. Always think about going back to it. Horde or Ally?

Members don't see this ad.

I played WoW for about 4 years of my life before Mists came out haha. Always think about going back to it. Horde or Ally?

I only really like Worgen on the Alliance side, truth be told. I'm more of a Horde girl myself. You?

Reactions: 1 user
I've played since early BC. My first character was Horde, but then I converted to Alliance, where I've been ever since. Draenai and night elves for life :) I wasn't a big fan of MoP, and I'm not sure that WoD will be much better. I might play a little just to explore the world, but I won't raid or pvp or anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only really like Worgen on the Alliance side, truth be told. I'm more of a Horde girl myself. You?

Yes! Worgen got me so excited, but my main was a Tauren Druid.
I've played since early BC. My first character was Horde, but then I converted to Alliance, where I've been ever since. Draenai and night elves for life :) I wasn't a big fan of MoP, and I'm not sure that WoD will be much better. I might play a little just to explore the world, but I won't raid or pvp or anything.
Yeah, I kind of want to explore WoD especially since Blizz keeps sending me emails trying to seduce me back into the game haha. I do kind of miss PVP though :(

My current main is a Night Elf Druid. ( Healers ftw! )

I'm trying out an Undead Priest right now; and I really want to try a Worgen but another druid seems almost silly.

I'm not sure what to expect for WoD. Mists was my first expansion.

I like random battlegrounds a lot. :D

I've played WoW for the last 6 or so years. My main is a BE survival hunter. I love hunters because while they have a low skill floor (anyone can pew pew and be a mediocre hunter) the skill cap is extremely high. A hunter who really, really knows his/her class is a devastating opponent. It is a very tough class to play to its full potential and I love the challenge. Also have a lock twink and a dk I play around with a bit. I'm on Arygos. Mostly PVP now that I've hit 90, looking to get into raiding though.

Last edited:
Mists was a little disappointing. Cata and Lich were much better IMO. Warlords looks interesting although the whole free insta-90 thing is idiotic. We're going to have a ton of 90s running around with no idea how to play their class. Argh.

My current main is a Night Elf Druid. ( Healers ftw! )

I'm trying out an Undead Priest right now; and I really want to try a Worgen but another druid seems almost silly.

I'm not sure what to expect for WoD. Mists was my first expansion.

I like random battlegrounds a lot. :D

I like 'em as long as it isn't AV or IoC. Horde gets raped on those pretty regularly and it's frustrating because no one listens to proper strategy. I've started blacklisting those two out of frustration.

Mists was a little disappointing. Cata and Lich were much better IMO. Warlords looks interesting although the whole free insta-90 thing is idiotic. We're going to have a ton of 90s running around with no idea how to play their class. Argh.
Yea, Mists was sad, I played since BC (which was my favorite expansion) although Cata was pretty amazing graphics-wise. I was mainly DPS druid.
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Tichondrius/Meur/ Last time I played the cap was still 85 ahaha, i can't even imagine what it's like now. Blizz keeps emailing me offers for free upgrades to lvl 90 but I'll be so clueless as to how to play the class now anyway it'll be pointless. Horde will forever be terrible with teamwork!

LOL Alliance isn't any better with teamwork. You'd think it was a curse.

We should all roll a character sometime. We'd have to decide on race/faction, but yeah. :3

Anything but Pandas lol. Have anyone played them?

Members don't see this ad :)
efg4piwisx1tcco4byit.png

I've tried the Pandaren with a friend of mine. We were on a RP server, so it was pretty awkward.

I have a few different characters on a few different realms. ^^

I like the Tauren starting zone, but I'm not sure how okay I am with being a cow lady. I ran a Tauren DK once and named her Dairyqueen. That was interesting but the lack of self-heals pretty much made that a no for me.

At least you only have 2 BGs that you lose in, WTF. When I was running dungeons and BGs for JP and Honor for JP, it was pretty much a bloodbath.

I've tried the Pandaren with a friend of mine. We were on a RP server, so it was pretty awkward.

I like the Tauren starting zone, but I'm not sure how okay I am with being a cow lady. I ran a Tauren DK once and named her Dairyqueen. That was interesting but the lack of self-heals pretty much made that a no for me.

At least you only have 2 BGs that you lose in, WTF. When I was running dungeons and BGs for JP and Honor for JP, it was pretty much a bloodbath.

Well, those are consistent losses. As in 80% Ally win and 20% Horde win last time I checked. Every other BG is close to 50/50 so not guaranteed by any means. There are nights I will go through 5-6 BG with enormous queue times (since I blacklist Av and IoC) and only get one win :( Hence why I keep getting very tempted to just join a guild and run proper rated BG and not just pugs.

Playing tauren druid pretty much took care of the self heals part haha. I did love playing pally which was my first toon, but bubbling was so OP back then. Are the talent trees for druid very different now? My guild was very into PVP so we did a lot of BGs together which helped our wins, never got into raiding in Cata.

Also i spent so much time in cat form I didn't care about being a lady cow hahaha

Playing tauren druid pretty much took care of the self heals part haha. I did love playing pally which was my first toon, but bubbling was so OP back then. Are the talent trees for druid very different now? My guild was very into PVP so we did a lot of BGs together which helped our wins, never got into raiding in Cata.

319020_406856989387618_1671765198_n.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

There's not really a "talent tree" anymore. You get to pick any of three per 15 levels that you'd like. Obviously some are better than others, depending on your spec, but they aren't outlined for each spec anymore.

I started an Undead Priest with a friend of mine on Alexstrasza and a LV 10 rogue challenged me to a duel twice. I was LV 9. And I won both times. :D

I don't know, I've only ever raided once on LFR; and that's because my iLV kind of sucks. It was a decent experience, everyone knew what was going on. We all lived lol.

Things I'm excited for (but won't have much time to play)
1. Legend of Korra game- October
2. Pokemon Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire
3. Dragon Age: Inquisition
4. DRAGON AGE: INQUISTION!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone play WoW? :D

I'm thinking of picking up some free Steam games.
i play wow and hearthstone ^_^ though much less time for wow this past year :< i technically play sc2 as well but i'm terrrrible...

edit: hm for some reason when i replied to that post i coudlnt see all the other ones since then o_O anywho. my main's a nelf druid ^_^ resto, treeform always! os feral. have alted on hunter and healypriest mostly but usually always on my druid, for raiding at least anyway. raided pretty seriously throughout Cata (US 11 ragh25!) but had to stop towards the end of ToT this xpac bc of GREs/apps/etc. my toons are on doomhammer atm tho my guild moved off mid MoP for recruitment pushes.

Last edited:
i play wow and hearthstone ^_^ though much less time for wow this past year :< i technically play sc2 as well but i'm terrrrible...

edit: hm for some reason when i replied to that post i coudlnt see all the other ones since then o_O anywho. my main's a nelf druid ^_^ resto, treeform always! os feral. have alted on hunter and healypriest mostly but usually always on my druid, for raiding at least anyway. raided pretty seriously throughout Cata (US 11 ragh25!) but had to stop towards the end of ToT this xpac bc of GREs/apps/etc. my toons are on doomhammer atm tho my guild moved off mid MoP for recruitment pushes.

Awesome! :D

I'm totally serious, though. A SDN WoW Vet run would be great.

Also excited for the Hoenn remakes!

Awesome! :D

I'm totally serious, though. A SDN WoW Vet run would be great.

Also excited for the Hoenn remakes!
id be up for one, alli side at least, dont have any 90 hordies. could do a crossrealm run of some sort! my latency is terrible now though playing from the UK :< went from 10ms to 120ms D: i've been poking around a bit on EU servers, might play some of WoD on there, but sad the bnet items don't transfer over. i've got a lot of mounts that would be difficult to reobtain! mim's head \o/ and all mah dragons

id be up for one, alli side at least, dont have any 90 hordies. could do a crossrealm run of some sort! my latency is terrible now though playing from the UK :< went from 10ms to 120ms D: i've been poking around a bit on EU servers, might play some of WoD on there, but sad the bnet items don't transfer over. i've got a lot of mounts that would be difficult to reobtain! mim's head \o/ and all mah dragons

If we do Alliance, I'd want to run Worgen. But I'm flexible.

I'm living by campus, so my Internet is not winning any speed contests either.

If we do Alliance, I'd want to run Worgen. But I'm flexible.

I'm living by campus, so my Internet is not winning any speed contests either.
hm do you mean run as in do an sdn raid/dungeon? or just roll toons together somewhere? i'd be interested in either, time permitting hah, tho i always find it hard to keep lvling a toon at the same pace as others whenever i do that >_<

hm do you mean run as in do an sdn raid/dungeon? or just roll toons together somewhere? i'd be interested in either, time permitting hah, tho i always find it hard to keep lvling a toon at the same pace as others whenever i do that >_<

The latter, Although the former could be pretty cool.

I've been playing a lot of Pokemon: Glazed, it's a fan-made rom hack for gba emulators, and I have to say it's pretty amazing.

I've been playing a lot of Pokemon: Glazed, it's a fan-made rom hack for gba emulators, and I have to say it's pretty amazing.
Snakewood is pretty good too. Zombie-based Emerald mod.

My Battle.net ID is Falina#2628. I'm playing Diablo 3 mostly at the moment, but still log on WoW periodically. Feel free to send a friend request :)
I'm also co-GM of a level 25 alliance guild on Kel-Thuzad, if anyone wanted to start something there. We're not very active though... so don't expect much raiding or pvp lol.

I don't play video games, but I did just read the title of this post as "Pervert Gamers" before I came to my senses. :p

BF got me Shadow of Mordor. BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER. I won't lie, I've been playing almost non-stop since yesterday.

BF got me Shadow of Mordor. BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER. I won't lie, I've been playing almost non-stop since yesterday.

I just watched the trailer for it, and now I want. Might have to keep an eye out for any deals on Xbox One's. My roomie has a 360, but I'd like to be able to still play after vet school and if I move out at the end of this year.

I have a 360 but I think if I had the money I would be more inclined to get a PS4 than a One. But I don't have the money so it's kind of a moot point.

And if I really had the money I would build myself a nice PC in a heartbeat.

I miss playing video games :( I can't wait for this semester to be over

Reactions: 2 users
I miss playing video games :( I can't wait for this semester to be over
Oh man I'm feeling you. As soon as Thanksgiving break arrives, I'm heading to Gamestop to go buy me some Dragon Age: Inquisition and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and then I'm going to drift into a blissful video game (and turkey) coma. It will be glorious :D.

Reactions: 4 users
Oh man I'm feeling you. As soon as Thanksgiving break arrives, I'm heading to Gamestop to go buy me some Dragon Age: Inquisition and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and then I'm going to drift into a blissful video game (and turkey) coma. It will be glorious :D.

I cannot like this enough!! Already preordered Alpha Sapphire and I think I'm going to wait on DA:I because I might get a PS4 for Xmas (besides, I won't have time to play that plus DA:I between thanksgiving and christmas break)

I'm waiting for Christmas until I get Alpha Sapphire...my little brother and I have a deal to get each other the game for Christmas. Over break and during PBL I'm going to have time to try out some new games I picked up over Halloween Steam sale!

I'm currently enjoying forays into Hearthstone and Faster than Light, and was a huge Starcraft fan but barely get time to play anymore. I'm more into tabletop games than I am video games, though. I'm not really versed in D&D, but I really enjoy WoD, FATE, and a few lesser-known systems.

I wish I could say that the end of the semester will be better for gaming, but I'll probably start slaving away at my thesis so that I can have it done by next spring (summer at latest if my data analysis goes wonky).

Ahhhh this makes me miss playing WoW! I cancelled my subscription for the semester to concentrate on my many lab classes -_- Now I'm gonna have to renew my subscription for winter break haha. Night Elf was always my thing, I've gotta say.

Ahhhh this makes me miss playing WoW! I cancelled my subscription for the semester to concentrate on my many lab classes -_- Now I'm gonna have to renew my subscription for winter break haha. Night Elf was always my thing, I've gotta say.
night elf resto/feral druid here (~^_^)~ i'm sad i don't have time to raid seriously anymore but there's a lot of fun stuff to do otherwise so far. new zones are awesome. definitely check it out over break, esp w the anniversary stuff coming up. fiery corgi pet!

I got Pokemon Omega Ruby and Dragon Age:Inquisition today! So so so excited to forget about school and lose myself in video games for a bit. :D

On another note, when I went to buy Dragon Age they immediately asked for my ID and seemed surprised that I was above the age limit.. *sigh* The con of having a baby face, am I right @WildZoo ?

Reactions: 4 users