OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hahahah yes!!! I played Sims on the PS2 as well! I was also a WoW girl for many years, but I quit this past December or so. It super boring for me now and just..not worth it :p

Wow girl here too! My account is still active, but I only log in for garrison missions/mount runs these days. I haven't decided what to do about legion dropping at the beginning of school, though. :help:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow girl here too! My account is still active, but I only log in for garrison missions/mount runs these days. I haven't decided what to do about legion dropping at the beginning of school, though. :help:

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone needs a lighter wallet, Steam summer sale is on

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone needs a lighter wallet, Steam summer sale is on
giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone played Firewatch? I've been circling buying it for ages and the sale (though not great) is making it kind of irresistible.
Haven't played, but watched Markiplier and Jesse Cox play it. Looks fun.

Long time gamer, and happily in a relationship with a guy who plays with me! :joyful:
Big time Nintendo fan (Legend of Zelda & Pokemon are :love:) have PS2 (I see you Sims players) and just got an XboxOne as an anniversary present!
Any Overwatch players out there?
Also is it next month yet? I can't wait for Pokemon Go!

Long time gamer, and happily in a relationship with a guy who plays with me! :joyful:
Big time Nintendo fan (Legend of Zelda & Pokemon are :love:) have PS2 (I see you Sims players) and just got an XboxOne as an anniversary present!

That's the dream! Played the OW beta, it's fun but too graphic-intense for my computer, sadly. Instead I've climbed back on the WoW/Diablo 3 wagon

Can't wait for Pokemon Go either :D

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah my laptop is a little older now, I'm sure that it couldn't handle anything more than Starcraft since sometimes its slow playing the sims, so yeah OW would be out of the question. (Lucky to have the Xbox)

Haven't played, but watched Markiplier and Jesse Cox play it. Looks fun.
Bought it. I've played a total of 12 minutes and it already broke my heart a little, holy crap. All the foliage makes it run really rough on my laptop so I'm going to wait to get back to the real machine, but man is it absolutely gorgeous.

Also got Catlateral Damage, which has been thoroughly amusingly stupid:

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys seen the trailer for Skyrim remastered? It's so pretty!! :love:

As a console gamer, I never got to experience the awesome PC mods, but my roommate got her version to look pretty sweet after modding the crap out of it. I'm a little peeved that in order to get it, I'd have to pay $60 again, though!

As a console gamer, I never got to experience the awesome PC mods, but my roommate got her version to look pretty sweet after modding the crap out of it. I'm a little peeved that in order to get it, I'd have to pay $60 again, though!
I play it on a computer, so I'm a little happier ;)

I'm not quite as excited, though... mostly because my laptop is nearly 4 years old at this point, and my OS used to run Skyrim is Windows 7 boot camped on my Mac. I'm not sure I have a good enough graphics card to take advantage of the remaster.

I'm also a little peeved, because I too have a console version (PS3, with no DLC), and only just bought the complete PC edition a few months back during the last Steam winter sale because I wanted to finally try modding--now a remastered version comes out. :laugh: That was a great deal though (like $7?), so it's not like I'd want to pay full price anyway...would have to wait years for the price to go down.

I'm also a little peeved, because I too have a console version (PS3, with no DLC), and only just bought the complete PC edition a few months back during the last Steam winter sale because I wanted to finally try modding--now a remastered version comes out. :laugh: That was a great deal though (like $7?), so it's not like I'd want to pay full price anyway...would have to wait years for the price to go down.
At least you'll get the remaster for free on the PC...

What mods have you tried so far?

Just saw this. I'm seriously peeved that there are no Sims games for the PS4 (my boyfriend has one).

At least you'll get the remaster for free on the PC...

What mods have you tried so far?
I actually have not started a file on PC yet :oops: Partly because I would prefer to find a controller (have gotten PS3 controllers to work on my laptop for some games, but it's kind of fiddly), but mostly because I just have so many games accumulated from Steam sales since last year that I haven't finished/started yet. Now this summer sale is going on so I'm literally about to take a look...I have a problem :p

I also got Dragon Age from a friend for Christmas (and I got her Skyrim, it was our cultural exchange!), haven't started that one either because character creation is hard.

I actually have not started a file on PC yet :oops: Partly because I would prefer to find a controller (have gotten PS3 controllers to work on my laptop for some games, but it's kind of fiddly), but mostly because I just have so many games accumulated from Steam sales since last year that I haven't finished/started yet. Now this summer sale is going on so I'm literally about to take a look...I have a problem :p

I also got Dragon Age from a friend for Christmas (and I got her Skyrim, it was our cultural exchange!), haven't started that one either because character creation is hard.

just do it lebeef.jpg

Attachments

• just do it lebeef.jpg
    just do it lebeef.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: 4 users

Good luck with Dragon Age! I hope you enjoy it once you get past the character creation! It's one of my favorite game franchises/series! The story line is awesome and I love the amount of world building and lore that BioWare always puts into their games.

I'm currently playing Mass Effect on my xbox360 (since the second and third games aren't backwards compatible with the XboxOne yet) and I love it!! Just started ME2 which I've heard is one of the greatest games ever. :D

7 games and 76 bucks later I'm tapped out. So worth it though.

Now I just need to find some time to play them
cat hot dogs all.jpg

Good luck with Dragon Age! I hope you enjoy it once you get past the character creation! It's one of my favorite game franchises/series! The story line is awesome and I love the amount of world building and lore that BioWare always puts into their games.

I'm currently playing Mass Effect on my xbox360 (since the second and third games aren't backwards compatible with the XboxOne yet) and I love it!! Just started ME2 which I've heard is one of the greatest games ever. :D

Mass Effect!! My favorite game series of all time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Mass Effect!! My favorite game series of all time!!

IT'S SO GOOD! The story is amazing, the characters are wonderful--all I want to do is explore every world and complete every side quest. The first one was great but the second keeps knocking my socks off. I can't wait to play the third soon and then wait with baited breath for the newest game to come out! :soexcited:

7 games and 76 bucks later I'm tapped out. So worth it though.

Now I just need to find some time to play them

And yes, that is the tricky part! I have a huge list of games that I intend to play, but not enough time to play through them all!

I swear I have 70+ games on Steam that I haven't even touched, let alone the ones I've started and not finished, plus my console games. This is why I avoid the summer sale (and all sales) now.

Reactions: 3 users
And yes, that is the tricky part! I have a huge list of games that I intend to play, but not enough time to play through them all!

That's what happens when you turn into a responsible, productive member of society. Eventually you become

I swear I have 70+ games on Steam that I haven't even touched, let alone the ones I've started and not finished, plus my console games. This is why I avoid the summer sale (and all sales) now.

But seriously if anyone wants to start a group on steam maybe we can help each other out with some of those pesky multiplayer/co-op games.

The SO just broke a 1000 on "our" (his) account. I'd be surprised if we've played even 200 of them...
I have mine linked with my guy's. I think he's played more of my games than I have...I need to check on it again, I think last I checked we had 200 combined but that was a while ago. Can't imagine 1000 :wideyed:

POKEMON GO HAS REACHED THE US. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
It's a Beedrill

Reactions: 4 users
I have my Charmander and a Weedle. But I also don't have a smartphone, so I'm limited to what I can "see" outside my window.

Started with Bulbasaur since I wasn't feeling like a fire starter today. Went on a walk and found Ratatta, Pidgey, Paras, Venonat, and Weedle. Apparently college campuses are great hotspots.

I've already caught Charmander, Bellsprout, Eevee, Clefairy, Goldeen, Pidgey, and Rattata. :laugh:

What are you talking about? No, I'm not obsessed and I don't have a problem.

I work on a farm and there are ZERO pokemon near me :(

I work on a farm and there are ZERO pokemon near me :(

Same, since I live out in the sticks on a county road. :( You have to use an Incense to get Pokemon to come to you in these cases...then a pidgey, eevee and bellsprout came to me.

Luckily my workplace is a real hotspot though! Nearly every individual statue at the aquarium is a pokéstop so I caught several things just walking from the parking lot this morning! Can't go to a gym yet though.

Reactions: 3 users
Update: I've caught 24 just exploring the neighborhood with an incense active. :D Even found a Dodrio in the dentist's office, ha.

Also since this is the gaming thread, quick plug for my Splatoon squad entered in Leagues Under the Ink (http://leaguesundertheink.com/) - we're called the 69 gals and we're mostly in it to have fun, but this is my first foray into organized somewhat competitive gaming.

Tried to hop on the Pokemon Go bandwagon, but had server issues soon after getting my starter. Boo.

While waiting it out, I dug through my backlog of Unplayed DS games and started 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors. Has anyone one here played that series? I'm really enjoying it!

Yeah, it definitely seems like the servers are under a ton of stress right now. Got booted off about twenty minutes ago and have been unable to log in since.

Oh, well. Maybe now I'll actually get some work done.

I work at a SA/Exotic hospital and I walked around the shopping center we're in on my lunch break to hunt for Pokemon lol.
Don't mind the girl in scrubs staring at her phone and walking around for no apparent reason...

Just watched a video about the dangers of pokemon go because people are idiots and have been tweeting about playing while driving. Way too much multitasking going on...

Yeah, I haven't been able to sign in to Go at all since this morning :( Even as others in the breakroom were? hah.

Just watched a video about the dangers of pokemon go because people are idiots and have been tweeting about playing while driving. Way too much multitasking going on...

Ugh I know. My roommate and I just took my dog for a walk and tried to capture some pokemon. I definitely see an increase in the number of phone related car accidents and the number of cracked screens.