OT related reading?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member2391822

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on any reading that is OT related. Preferably novels, but any thought-provoking material would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

One of my old literature professors wrote a memoir titled The Anti Romantic Child about discovering her child had hyperlexia. She talks some about him working with OTs and what an impact they had, and the story is very moving.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try "Living Life to Its Fullest: Stories of Occupational Therapy". It's a little pricey but good OT-related stories of recovery and bonding with patients from the perspective of both patients and OTs.

Far from the Tree by Andrew Soloman (not OT but covers the complexities surrounding living with disabilities in a most beautiful way)

Temple Grandin's books!!!

Oliver Sack's books!!!

Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison (I haven't read his new one, Raising Cubby, yet, but it's also about living with Asperger's)

My Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor

Aron Ralston (the guy who inspired the movie 127 Hours spoke at AOTA last year) has a book called Between a Rock and a Hard Place that is on my list, but I haven't read it.

No Pity by Joseph Shapiro (tells the story of disability rights movement since the 1950's, read this for school, it is soooo excellent)

:)