Other OT-Related Information OT School Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcourtney07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I was hoping anyone could share some advice or insight with me as I have very conflicted thoughts on schools. I am finishing up my undergraduate coursework while applying to USC and Pacific University. I don't have the prerequisites completed for the other schools I was hoping to apply to (SJSU, Dominican University, CSUDH), so I will have to wait a year. If I get into USC or Pacific University is the cost of the program worth it or should I wait to apply and possibly get into a state school?
If anyone has any feedback it would be greatly appreciated. Also, here are my stats:
Undergraduate GPA: 3.9
Prerequisite GPA: 4.0 (so far, not all are complete)
GRE: 153 Verbal, 154 Quantitative, 4 AWA
OT Volunteer Experience: 10 hours Hand Therapy, 100+ hours in Pediatric Setting (Clinic and School-based)
Also, I have 100+ hours volunteering at Shriner's Hospital in Child Life and Recreational Therapy

Members don't see this ad.

If I were in your position, I would apply to and go to the cheapest school possible. Even if that means waiting another year unless you have a pressing reason to start ASAP. You can take that year to work and save up and take pre reqs. Your wallet will thank you later.

If I were in your position, I would apply to and go to the cheapest school possible. Even if that means waiting another year unless you have a pressing reason to start ASAP. You can take that year to work and save up and take pre reqs. Your wallet will thank you later.

I second what the above poster said. I applied right away after i graduated from undergrad with very similar stats to yours and went to the first school that accepted me since it was instate and near me ( very expensive school, and i ended up withdrawing due to having a rough time there academically and personally). Turned out to be one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Go for whatever is cheapest and what you think would be a good fit for you.

Reactions: 1 user