General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS academic update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolrunnins

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like my Academic Update on OTCAS has taken forever. It's been like two weeks and still says "AU Submitted". Anyone else still waiting for it to update? I'm concerned mine got lost or is not getting done. :/

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like my Academic Update on OTCAS has taken forever. It's been like two weeks and still says "AU Submitted". Anyone else still waiting for it to update? I'm concerned mine got lost or is not getting done. :/
I submitted my academic update on 12/28. They marked my updated transcript as received on 1/15, and it still says "submit"! It's not just you! Have they received your new transcript yet?

I submitted my academic update on 12/28. They marked my updated transcript as received on 1/15, and it still says "submit"! It's not just you! Have they received your new transcript yet?
How do you know your updated transcript was received?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just kidding mine says the same date as yours the 15th...grrr :/ I am impatient waiting for OTCAS to update my programs.

I just emailed them about this today! My transcripts were sent over two weeks ago and it said they didn't receive them. After I emailed them, it was immediately updated to transcript received. haha. But I think the programs can already see the grades once you e-submit the update, they just can't see the updated GPA and it doesn't say the grades were verified yet. At least that is what I took from their "FAQ's."

"As soon as you e-submit your Academic Update, OTCAS gives your designated OT programs real-time and secure access to your entire application on-line, including the UNVERIFIED courses you entered during the Academic Update. Once OTCAS receives your updated official transcripts, OTCAS will verify your fall courses and recalculate your OTCAS GPA. Your entire application file, including your newly VERIFIED courses and revised GPA, are available to your designated OT programs online immediately."

I'm not sure how much programs want to see the new GPA, I'm just concerned because I took a pre-req this past fall.

Mine says the exact same thing! I called last week, and they said that it can take up to two weeks to be verified from the time they receive your transcripts, which was apparently 1/15 for all of us.

The update took forever for me. I ended up thinking my school did not send the transcripts- but they sent them right away. It took OTCAS about three weeks to notify me that they received my transcripts and then less than a week for gap update and everything was finalized.

Thanks everyone! I feel much better now! Hopefully the schools have already received (or are notified that they can view) my update that I submitted even if OTCAS hasn't verified yet. It's a bit annoying that it takes so long and that my transcripts probably were received around the 8th or 9th but OTCAS isn't saying it was received until the 15th!

I just now received an automated email from OTCAS that my AU (which I submitted on 12/28) has been verified, so hopefully all of you who submitted transcripts in the last month have received/will receive an email very soon!

Reactions: 1 user
They told me my updated transcripts were received on 01/15 as well... though they MUST have been there weeks earlier.
Dying for them to send my updated GPA out to my schools! Come on come on OTCAS!

Finally got an e-mail from OTCAS that my AU had been verified yesterday afternoon! My transcripts were mailed on 1/9, and account said they were received on 1/15 like everyone else. It should be any day now, esi17!

Finally got an e-mail from OTCAS that my AU had been verified yesterday afternoon! My transcripts were mailed on 1/9, and account said they were received on 1/15 like everyone else. It should be any day now, esi17!
Ahhh mine just was verified! Such a relief! :)

Just curious, about how long has it been taking people to get AU verified? My AU transcripts were finally received on 1/30, and they told me it could be up to a month... :(

Just curious, about how long has it been taking people to get AU verified? My AU transcripts were finally received on 1/30, and they told me it could be up to a month... :(

Unfortunately, it took most of us at least 2 weeks from the date they supposedly received our transcripts. It will happen though!