Our profession...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DYSF777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sucks! Discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah....I don't see this one going anywhere.

So how about a first reply thread jack. This is something only Spiriva or Z-pack could pull off. I will try my best.

So I won my fantasy football league last night. Pretty sweet $500 pay out. I am a FFL genius. I may switch carreers and go into FFL full time.

So how about a first reply thread jack. This is something only Spiriva or Z-pack could pull off. I will try my best.

So I won my fantasy football league last night. Pretty sweet $500 pay out. I am a FFL genius. I may switch carreers and go into FFL full time.

Thought you would have the most to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thought you would have the most to say.

Those three lines were probably all that needed, because like Mountain said, this thread wouldn't go anywhere from the original post.

Speaking of football, is anyone going to the Sugar Bowl?

I'm personally excited to see how the Bills **** up a draft choice by picking 3rd overall in April

Those three lines were probably all that needed, because like Mountain said, this thread wouldn't go anywhere from the original post.

Speaking of football, is anyone going to the Sugar Bowl?

Then why do all the other worthless threads about the downfall of our profession get comments? I only wish more would get jacked like this one. Please continue...

I actually like the profession and have enjoyed every atmosphere in which I've worked / interned at / volunteered at thus far and it's been 2 years now. I even somewhat enjoyed my stint in big box retail despite it being short lived... the busier, the crappier, the better.

OP, you need to grow a pair.

I lost my big money league because Peyton Manning slid instead of taking the easy touchdown.

The final score of the game was 158-156. I was not amused one bit.

I lost my big money league because Peyton Manning slid instead of taking the easy touchdown.

:thumbdown:

Last edited:
Sucks! Discuss.

Speak for yourself ...our profession is great but the future is murky - I heart the rewarding mental challenges of inpatient...what I can't stand - backstabing know it all coworkers, often stressful workload, disrespectful non-rphs, politics and favoritism, apathy for anything but the almighty dollar, and a lack of unity in our own profession...

Suck it up, drive on.

Or go to truck driving school. You'd fit in nicely there.

Passion, that has to be your favorite three passionate words.

I'd bet my money league on that. *very anxious for the winning touchdown*:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)

I lost by 0.5 points, and since there's so many ways things could have went my way, I won't comment. Fun.

Suck it up, drive on.

I wouldn't knock truck driving school. During freshman year I had an Economics teacher that quit his day job and started driving trucks after he served in the Marine Corps. I wish I remembered more details, but he's one of the most interesting teachers I've ever had. :D

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.
Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them breaks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.
I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.
Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.
When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 07840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."
This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.
There can be only one.

Passion, that has to be your favorite three passionate words.

I'd bet my money league on that. *very anxious for the winning touchdown*:scared:

Sex. Drugs. Rock'n'roll.

Those are my 3 most passionate words! Rock'n'roll is indeed one word, my English major law student wife thing confirms.

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.
Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them breaks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.
I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.
Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.
When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 07840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."
This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.
There can be only one.

If I recall that was an epic thread from 4chan. Glad to see that /b/***** are pharmacists, too.

If I recall that was an epic thread from 4chan. Glad to see that /b/***** are pharmacists, too.

A job with limited social interaction, dealing with drugs that pays well? That's every /b/***** dream, man.

I also won my fantasy football league. Thanks, Mike Vick.

My girlfriend has won $505 in the lottery over the past 2 months, spending $20 on tickets. Wat.

Somewhat on topic, all the pharmacists I know in real life like or love their jobs, even the CVS-lifers. All the pharmacists here seem to at least dislike them. Weird.

A job with limited social interaction, dealing with drugs that pays well? That's every /b/***** dream, man.

I also won my fantasy football league. Thanks, Mike Vick.

My girlfriend has won $505 in the lottery over the past 2 months, spending $20 on tickets. Wat.

Somewhat on topic, all the pharmacists I know in real life like or love their jobs, even the CVS-lifers. All the pharmacists here seem to at least dislike them. Weird.

That's because the 90%+ that love their job are out enjoying life on their time off, not trolling around on a message board. The few that hate their jobs have the time to be on here.

That's because the 90%+ that ARE OKAY with their job are out enjoying life on their time off, not trolling around on a message board. The few that hate their jobs have the time to be on here.

Most pharmacists I know are okay with their jobs. They think it's a job and it's okay. Most people do not love their jobs and they do not hate their jobs. A job is a job. It's something people have to do if they aren't born rich.

Yep.

People are more likely to complain or seek a way to complain if they're unhappy. Happy/positive experiences are not particularly useful for humans on an evolutionary level, so we tend to ignore them.

Also, overly positive experiences tend to discourage people / make people feel bad for not earning as much, doing as much, or being as fast as the person being happy with X.

There are multiple mechanisms at work.

That's because the 90%+ that love their job are out enjoying life on their time off, not trolling around on a message board. The few that hate their jobs have the time to be on here.

You are absolutely correct.

Speak for yourself ...our profession is great but the future is murky - I heart the rewarding mental challenges of inpatient...what I can't stand - backstabing know it all coworkers, often stressful workload, disrespectful non-rphs, politics and favoritism, apathy for anything but the almighty dollar, and a lack of unity in our own profession...

very good and wise post here people.

there is a lack of unity with pharmacists. not being cynical but there is a lot of backstabbing that goes on. the profession does not advance because people thing small scale. i have seen a lot of this and knew it as i went through school. a large lack of unification. look at dentistry and medicine. they work together as colleagues. even med schools they mentor you and try to help you get through.

Suck it up, drive on.

For some reason, this reminds me of that scene in Top Gun where Goose is talking about going to truck-driving school...

Don't pre-pharms have their own forum? :hijacked: by pre-pharms

yeah but no one talks about anything serious there. It's mainly asking about pre-reqs and class threads for schools people are applying to.

All the fun stuff is here unless we go and troll the pre-meds. (kidding)

Notpictured-Funtopics.jpg

Not pictured above: Anything fun or relevant to my interests. This is why I am always in the pharmacy thread.

Not gonna lie though, I was slightly intrigued by the pharmacy intern music video. Can't forget that.

Last edited:
yeah but no one talks about anything serious there. It's mainly asking about pre-reqs and class threads for schools people are applying to.

All the fun stuff is here unless we go and troll the pre-meds. (kidding)
:thumbup: