Out of State friendly schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggie11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of some out of state friendly schools (I am a Texas Resident)

I am for some safety schools that don't have a crazy tuition price along with it. (although I already know that out of state tuition is going to be more no matter what)

I have a few private schools in mind like temple, tufts, Arizona etc. just wanted to see what others might suggest or are going to be applying to.

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

I am for some safety schools that don't have a crazy tuition price along with it. (although I already know that out of state tuition is going to be more no matter what)

I have a few private schools in mind like temple, tufts, Arizona etc. just wanted to see what others might suggest or are going to be applying to.

Maryland. 50% of each class of 130 is OOS.

There are a lot of topics on this. Off the top of my head NYU, Tufts, BU. The threads should be easy to find.

Members don't see this ad :)
Look at this thread to eliminate schools that strongly favor in-state candidates:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=791510&highlight=dantemac

You could rule out Puerto Rico (unless you speak native Spanish), Meharry or Howard (unless you are a minority), and Loma Linda/Marquette (religious tendencies, baptist and jewish respectively).

If a school does not favor in state people, they either take equally from a pool (private schools) or just take more people from OOS.

Check out the data!

Just came upon this thread and wanted to make a correction (for anyone else who comes across it in the future). Marquette is a Jesuit school, not a Jewish school, and they are 50% OOS according to the nice receptionist I spoke with last year. Also, you don't need to be religious to attend Marquette.

Just came upon this thread and wanted to make a correction (for anyone else who comes across it in the future). Marquette is a Jesuit school, not a Jewish school, and they are 50% OOS according to the nice receptionist I spoke with last year. Also, you don't need to be religious to attend Marquette.

I second this. Marquette spoke with UT during health science day and seems like he wanted all the students to apply!

UTHSC Houston/San Antonio and baylor to name a few.

Louisville takes around 75% OOS. Because Kentucky has two dental schools and a smaller population, they don't want to over saturate their state. I guess they count on the OOS state students leaving to go back home.