outdoorsy PT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

terradactle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
aside from the academic aspects of PT school, I'd like to go to a school in a setting where the outdoors are easily accessible (after spending my undergraduate career in north philly). Preferably in a mountainous region. So far U of Montana and Northern Arizona are on my list of potential schools. Can anybody else think of PT schools that fit this description?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you like small towns? Missoula is pretty small.

I would say Washington (Seattle is great, lot's of mountains) and Utah (Salt Lake City is one of the greatest outdoor cities in the world)

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Utah.

Seriously. We have everything here. Hiking, lakes, canyons, mountains, best skiing around.

I would think Colorado schools would be a good choice...anything that's outside of major cities in the country would probably be outdoor friendly...maybe some in New England too (U of NE maybe?)

Check out Western Carolina. But that's very rural. I don't think there is much to do out there except go to school and go hiking. It's in Cullowhee, NC and is a pretty inexpensive school.

haha funny. i'm going in an opposite direction. i spent my undergrad at penn state surrounded by farms and cow ****. im from philly and consider it home..i'd love to go to grad school in the city. hence the reason why im applying to temple, amongst others.

University of New England is surrounded by a wealth of natural beauty and outdoor recreational opportunities. Students there also enjoy a severely discounted lift ticket to 3 of the area ski mountains (including Sugarloaf).

SUNY Upstate in Syracuse, NY. Tons of hiking in Ithaca, and the ADKs are a little over an hour away. It snows a lot, but you can make up for it with some great winter mountaineering, skiing/snowboarding, and cross country skiing.