over $120,000?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Take me off DETENTION DARN DENTAL MODERATOR for that darn thread, I feel like I am in a COMMUNIST NETWORK and on permenant detention. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Will it help if I called you (the Moderator who gave me my infraction or whatever the heck he calls it is a dental student), let me see if I am politically correct and boost his ego and call him a DOCTOR OF MEDICAL AND SURGERY AND ORTHOPEDICS AND PATHOLOGY OF DENTISTRY, there, your a DMD, a D plus an MD so your the best healthcare provider EVER. Now take me off that junk before I make you need DENTAL WORK YOURSELF (and no, its not a threat, a joke so no junk infarctions or probabtionary crap... :laugh:

How do you get put on probation? Who is the decider?

Members don't see this ad.

Take me off DETENTION DARN DENTAL MODERATOR for that darn thread, I feel like I am in a COMMUNIST NETWORK and on permenant detention. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Will it help if I called you (the Moderator who gave me my infraction or whatever the heck he calls it is a dental student), let me see if I am politically correct and boost his ego and call him a DOCTOR OF MEDICAL AND SURGERY AND ORTHOPEDICS AND PATHOLOGY OF DENTISTRY, there, your a DMD, a D plus an MD so your the best healthcare provider EVER. Now take me off that junk before I make you need DENTAL WORK YOURSELF (and no, its not a threat, a joke so no junk infarctions or probabtionary crap... :laugh:
I hope that you are smart enough to realize that these tirades don't help your case :)

Man, I just don't get why people have to try to prove themselves to anyone. The only person in this world that you have to prove jack **** to is yourself. If you, and by you, I mean ANYONE in ANY profession-from Medicine to business to whatever, get so freaking offended because some abstract person or group of people doesn't recognize you by what you think you should be called, then that's your problem. If you have that many problems with titles, then maybe you shouldn't be in whatever respective field you're in. It's freaking initials behind your name, you can't take them with you to the grave. Be happy with what you are doing and accomplishing and be proud that you (again, anyone) provides, hopefully, a great service while helping out your fellow man, honestly, that should be the reward in itself. Adcoms do a pretty good job now of accepting people to professional schools that legitimately want to do good by their profession and not the superficial, money driven aholes our there that just want to make a million bucks and then retire. I don't tell people I'm in medical school, I tell them I'm in Podiatric Medical school and that I am getting a DPM, not an MD or DO or whatever, I'm very proud to say I'm in Podiatry School and I hope to be able to have a valuable role in the health care community in the years and decades to come. Let your actions speak, not your words.

amen.
people need to realize in life you are NOT the titles, you are not your initials after your name, you are not the trophies or medals you have, you are not the money you make, you are not the car you drive, you're not the house you own, you're not the certificates and awards you recieved. you're none of this.

everyone seems like they have something to prove to the world...."I MUST be an MD" "i must get into allopathic medical schoo!l". "i must be called a doctor, impress my peers, make my family proud... etc" image image image image.

grow up. you want to know something better than being called a 'doctor'? how about 'real'? or 'genuine'? these are the ppl i respect the most. seems like all ppl care about is their damn image. whether someone is an MD, DO, DPM, RN, fireman, teacher, janitor, construction worker, as long as you enjoy what you do and contribute to society in a positive way. no one is better than the other, and certainly no one has any right to claim one as a more superior human being.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you get put on probation? Who is the decider?

In my case it was Screen Name: aphistis

You have received an infraction at Student Doctor Network Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear helpfuldoc2b,

You have received an infraction at Student Doctor Network Forums.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=4650576

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Pleasing stop posting inflammatory material to the forums.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Student Doctor Network Forums

Randomly-updated graduation countdown: 113 days remaining!

Contrary to popular belief, the plural of "anecdote" is not "fact."

Never argue with an idiot; people might have trouble telling you apart.

Visit the SDN Bookstore

In my case it was Screen Name: aphistis

You have received an infraction at Student Doctor Network Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear helpfuldoc2b,

You have received an infraction at Student Doctor Network Forums.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=4650576

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Pleasing stop posting inflammatory material to the forums.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Student Doctor Network Forums

Randomly-updated graduation countdown: 113 days remaining!

Contrary to popular belief, the plural of "anecdote" is not "fact."

Never argue with an idiot; people might have trouble telling you apart.

Visit the SDN Bookstore

So why does a dental student run the podiatry forum? Seems like a conflict of interest. Teeth and feet don't mix well. Oooo! lol

So why does a dental student run the podiatry forum? Seems like a conflict of interest. Teeth and feet don't mix well. Oooo! lol

There are a few posters who have been named moderators and it does not matter what their profession is. More than likely the comments were reported by another poster and the moderator was instructed to look into the matter.

The moderators usually basically let the advisors "police" the forum. However, they do drop by from time to time. Whenever someone reports a post, an e-mail is automatically sent and whoever happens to check their e-mail first "takes care of business". Moderators can actually put you on probation.

Regardless of what degree you are seeking, it is pretty easy for an intellegent person to see when others aren't acting so intellegent :laugh:

The moderators usually basically let the advisors "police" the forum. However, they do drop by from time to time. Whenever someone reports a post, an e-mail is automatically sent and whoever happens to check their e-mail first "takes care of business". Moderators can actually put you on probation.

Regardless of what degree you are seeking, it is pretty easy for an intellegent person to see when others aren't acting so intellegent :laugh:

Well said.