Overseas Masters in clinical psychology and Clinical Phd equivalents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dirkwww

Post Bach
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in possibly doing an overseas masters in clinical psychology or an equivalent to a clinical Phd. The UK, Ireland, or Australia would be ideal. Does anyone have any names or programs to look at?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rather than make another thread I thought I'd ask a related question: in your (sdn psychologists) opinion, how does international psychology compare to the US in terms of rigor of program, clinical training, publishing of empirical research? I've read elsewhere the title Psychologist is given to masters level graduates outside the US, whereas its generally reserved for doctoral grads here. What is the international perspective of psychology in America - are we seen as cutting edge, or catching up?

I am having a lot of trouble determining the validity of schools and programs in other countries. There is not as much discussion on other psychology Phd programs (even just for research) in comparison to US programs.