oy vay.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please don't read while performing anesthesia.

The jury doesn't like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
In an bad outcome you can count on cellphone records being subpoenaed. Texting or data usage during that time will be discovered.

Just say yes I can read and monitor the patient at the same time. It's not malpractice. This guy got f'd by playing into the lawyers hands.
If the patient starts to desat and you say 'hold on while I finish this text' it would be a problem, but reading or texting from the O R doesn't decrease your ability to monitor the patient, especially if your alarms are on and set to go off within a reasonable range of changes.

And just say 'yes, i sometimes post on facebook, it takes 20 seconds, i look at the monitor every few seconds while posting, and nothing is changing or i would stop posting,' then there would be no reason to discuss the lice thing and make you look like a d**k.

Reactions: 1 user
In an bad outcome you can count on cellphone records being subpoenaed. Texting or data usage during that time will be discovered.
Burner phone!

Whether it's malpractice or not, it sure doesn't help the jury form a positive opinion of you if you're on Facebook talkin' smack about a patient, during a case or not.

Reactions: 1 user