PA-MD bridge programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwayssmile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there anymore info out there about which schools have the PA-MD bridge programs? how difficult are they to get into? if anyone has any websites with info that would be great! thank yoU!

Members don't see this ad.

is there anymore info out there about which schools have the PA-MD bridge programs? how difficult are they to get into? if anyone has any websites with info that would be great! thank yoU!

There aren't any in the US as far as I know, there is the PA-DO program mentioned above though.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you! do you feel as though there are going to be more transitions from PA to either DO or maybe one day MD? it sounds like it would be a pretty good fit for many people..

thank you! do you feel as though there are going to be more transitions from PA to either DO or maybe one day MD? it sounds like it would be a pretty good fit for many people..

Maybe it's ignorance on my part, but I don't understand the PA-MD bridge. If you want to be a doctor, you go to medical school, no?

I know this will be unpopular but I say this as an RN who starts PA school next month. I have no desire to be a MD, if I did I would have pursued medical school. This notion of bridge programs stirs similar emotions to that of NPs requiring a doctorate and enacting 3 month long 'residencies':laugh:.

Am I the only one who thinks the profession could be alienating itself from the very people who employ/supervise us by taking 'short cuts' to their degree? That it makes us look even more like doctor wannabes/MCAT flunkies when we champion these bridge programs?

this should be good for atleast 3 pages...

Maybe it's ignorance on my part, but I don't understand the PA-MD bridge. If you want to be a doctor, you go to medical school, no?

I know this will be unpopular but I say this as an RN who starts PA school next month. I have no desire to be a MD, if I did I would have pursued medical school. This notion of bridge programs stirs similar emotions to that of NPs requiring a doctorate and enacting 3 month long 'residencies':laugh:.

Am I the only one who thinks the profession could be alienating itself from the very people who employ/supervise us by taking 'short cuts' to their degree? That it makes us look even more like doctor wannabes/MCAT flunkies when we champion these bridge programs?

this should be good for atleast 3 pages...

Well, they are going to Med school.

They took all the prereqs and the MCAT.

With only 15 or so spots, I doubt scores will be low, possibly higher averages than traditional slots.

I see absolutely no correlation between this and a DNP, and honestly don't think you know what the DNP entails. 3 more full semesters of clinical would be great if that what they were doing.
Here you go troll. Have some food.