PA/Med School Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turnowm2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am currently entering my senior year of undergrad as an ACS Chemistry Major/Biology minor. I have a 3.2 gpa, and am registered for the GRE and MCAT in August. I have 1,200 hours of organic chemistry research under my belt, as well as 110 hours of shadowing (surgeons, PA's, derm, PT etc.). I am also a division 1 athlete in track and field (discus/hammer thrower). I am in an honors society as well as a chemistry fraternity and other smaller clubs. I am CNA certified and have been working for a few weeks now. I will have about 120 volunteer hours (mostly not medical). I plan on applying to PA and Med schools and need some advice about which schools and if I will be competitive. If anyone has an thoughts, comments, or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

This isn't a reapplicant situation.

August MCAT is too late to apply this cycle, so you have lots of time to decide which way to go. You also have time to postpone that exam.

3.2 is too low to apply MD and be taken seriously, regardless of your MCAT score. If you want to be taken seriously as an MD candidate, you'll need to do more school.

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 1 user