pa mpje

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

think

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELLO Everyone!
Is anyone on here studying for it as well.. I am using some notes from my law class
how should I be studying for this? Am I suppose to know every detail that pertains to a law? For federal and PA do I need to know the differences ( will they ask which of these is for PA?) or just know which law ( fed or PA) would apply in a situation?
do I have to be able to Identify names of the amendments ? for
should I memorize this list for exceptions to the poison prevention packaging act?
how about schedules?
how long do you think is enough to study
please help me...i am really worried about this one

Members don't see this ad.

OK so i know i didn't get any reply for this post but GUESS WHAT I PASSEEEEDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheh yay i am excited anyways for anyone out there looking for any advice for PA MPJE I am posting this...
So I had taken a class by jerry mushero ( or however you spell his name) at my school.
He gave us a packet of noted for both FDA and PA and I studied from that packets ONLY
first i made the mistake and started to look at my class notes but it turned out to be too much
then since i really didn't know what to do i just went with the notes from his review class
i studied them very well like went through them about three to 4 times.
I first studied only for a week but was very nervous so changed my exam date to give me another week or so to study and even then i felt like i am not prepared for it but just went in and took it...
and something else that helped me was these noted cards on quizlet I think someone from our school made it last year.
I believe this person also took jerrys class because they follow the notes EXACTLY!!! every single flashcard is from his review notes!
here is the link: http://quizlet.com/5899091/pa-mpje-pa-law-flash-cards/
you should study the PA, DEA and FDA cards
if you know these flashcards really well and understand them well you should be good
Ok now to the exam and how i felt....
I felt like there was NO WAY I PASSED...every single question either had an answer that did nt make sense to me or had 2 correct answers and i didnt know which one to pick...I was very afraid that I failed it...
BUT In the end I guess his noted prepared me well and I passed so thats all that matters
good luck and if you have any questions I will try to answer them
and last things SDN is the best it helped me in every step of my pharmacy career !!!!! thank you so much!!!

OK so i know i didn't get any reply for this post but GUESS WHAT I PASSEEEEDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheh yay i am excited anyways for anyone out there looking for any advice for PA MPJE I am posting this...
So I had taken a class by jerry mushero ( or however you spell his name) at my school.
He gave us a packet of noted for both FDA and PA and I studied from that packets ONLY
first i made the mistake and started to look at my class notes but it turned out to be too much
then since i really didn't know what to do i just went with the notes from his review class
I first studied only for a week but was very nervous so changed my exam date to give me another week or so to study and even then i felt like i am not prepared for it but just went in and took it...
and something else that helped me was these noted cards on quizlet I think someone from our school made it last year.
I believe this person also took jerrys class because they follow the notes EXACTLY!!! every single flashcard is from his review notes!
if you know these flashcards really well and understand them well you should be good
I felt like there was NO WAY I PASSED...every single question either had an answer that did nt make sense to me or had 2 correct answers and i didnt know which one to pick...I was very afraid that I failed it...
BUT In the end I guess his noted prepared me well and I passed so thats all that matters
and last things SDN is the best it helped me in every step of my pharmacy career !!!!! thank you so much!!!

Could you please send me the packets from which you studied ? if you don't have a soft copy please let me know from where to get them as my exam is in ONE week !!
Thanks a lot

Thank you so much for posting the flashcards link! I went to school in MA and am nervous about the PA law exam. Do you have a copy of the packets you used to study?

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, Can you please share/provide copy of packet of notes for PA MPJE that you studied from?

Thank you so much for posting the flashcards link! I went to school in MA and am nervous about the PA law exam. Do you have a copy of the packets you used to study?
Hi! Do you still have the packet?? Or is there any other way of finding it?

I took the PA MPJE last week. I honestly thought that I failed miserably, but I got my score yesterday and scored 95!!!

I studied from MPJE Made Easy by Jerry Musheno and from the MPJE Simplified book. I read each of these twice and took the exam. I think either one of these would have been sufficient alone since together they were quite pricey ($75 and $85 respectively) and since Pennsylvania laws are easily accessible online. Each of these study materials offered helpful tips that they thought would show up on the test.

I would recommend using one of these resources and reading online the following: Chapter 27 of the Pennsylvania Code (http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/049/chapter27/chap27toc.html), the Pennsylvania pharmacy act, the Controlled Substance, Drug, Device, and Cosmetic Act. I did not study much for federal law since it was only 3% of the test and I think that was pretty accurate since I don't remember a plethora of federal law questions (like FDCA and its amendments, FDAMA, HIPAA, etc). Controlled substances were a big focus in the study guides and I would recommend knowing those laws well.

The main thing is just to remain calm and choose the most reasonable answer. As I was taking the exam and feeling like I knew NOTHING, I was obviously doing pretty well... Good Luck Everyone and let me know if you have any questions about the specific study materials I used.

Hi!

What practice mpje would you recommend ?