PA schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhorn09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder if those PA schools (Jefferson, Drexel, Penn state, Temple) are all RELATIVELY easier to get in and are OOS-friendly? If true, then PA is a really nice state =]

Members don't see this ad.

I remember those names coming up when I was looking for potential OOS schools to also apply for.

But, out of curiosity, are you just covering all your bases, or would you rather go to school outside of TX? Because looking at your scores I really don't see you having a hard time getting in IS.

Members don't see this ad :)
what is OOS?

OOS = out of state
IS = in state

Referring to whether your residence is listed in the same state as the school in question.

And yeah, at first I was thinking this was about phys. assis. schools

I wonder if those PA schools (Jefferson, Drexel, Penn state, Temple) are all RELATIVELY easier to get in and are OOS-friendly? If true, then PA is a really nice state =]

penn state had 8K+ applications according to my interviewer this january.
Looking at demographics, about 1/2 the class from previous years looks close to 50% OOS.

It took me a minute to realize this thread was about Pennsylvania schools and not Physician Assistant schools. I was about to be really perplexed as to why someone with 4.0/40 was applying to PA programs...

hahaha i thought the exact same thing.

penn state had 8K+ applications according to my interviewer this january.
Looking at demographics, about 1/2 the class from previous years looks close to 50% OOS.
50% OOS? Wah that's really cool. They are making everyone but Pennsylvanian students happy =]

Someone with a 40/4.0 from TEXAS interested in PA schools?

Are you crazy? Stay in Texas, enjoy the money savings

It took me a minute to realize this thread was about Pennsylvania schools and not Physician Assistant schools. I was about to be really perplexed as to why someone with 4.0/40 was applying to PA programs...

Yeah, me three. Oops.

PS, love your stats OP :love:

They aren't going to be any easier than other private schools but it is true that they do not give in state preference. I guess by the shear number you could say the odds of a PA acceptance is better than some other states. Jefferson does actually give a preference to Delaware applicants but I was told that's a relatively small portion of the 255 seats. The downside is that none of the schools have a nice in state tuition discount.