Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone knows how big the waitlist is now? Last time I checked it was at around 100.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, the last interviewees have interviewed and been judged, so I expect there to be a bit more on the wait list now. I know at least 1 more is (me lol)

Then, yeah, what orapplicant said, they will ideally rank around May 1st but said it could take up to May 15th to rank because they are busy with graduation around that time.

What I want to figure out is how to get one of those deferred acceptances...

Hey all! I'm new to the thread. I interviewed last Friday (4/11/14) and we were told that we would hear by Thursday whether or not we were accepted, rejected, waitlisted, etc. As of the time of this post, I've not received a call from the school. I was looking at the PNWU Self-Service website at my status to see if there was any change: what are you guys seeing under your "decision/date" heading of the application status page? Good luck to all of you out there who are still waiting :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed last week and now I see Deferred Offer / 4/17/2014 and I have some forms under the checklist that I can't view. I don't want to be pushy but I haven't gotten a call or email yet. Do you guys think I should wait until Tuesday morning and then call Hope? I wanted to hear what that means for this year's waitlist. I saw earlier on this thread that last year everyone who got a deferred acceptance last year ended up getting off the wait list and offered a spot for that year.

I misplaced my username so I can't even check.
I know my username was FirstinitialLastname. Like "JDoe" for John Doe, but I'm not sure if yours would be different if you had a more common last name than mine. Maybe try searching for the email that included your username?
Sorry, hope that helps a little

I interviewed last week and now I see Deferred Offer / 4/17/2014 and I have some forms under the checklist that I can't view. I don't want to be pushy but I haven't gotten a call or email yet. Do you guys think I should wait until Tuesday morning and then call Hope? I wanted to hear what that means for this year's waitlist. I saw earlier on this thread that last year everyone who got a deferred acceptance last year ended up getting off the wait list and offered a spot for that year.
You likely won't get a call unless you are pulled off the waitlist. You will get an official letter for the deferred acceptance. I say this based off my own experience last cycle. And congrats btw!

. . . deferred acceptance. I say this based off my own experience last cycle . . .
My status also says "Deferred Offer". As far as my chances for admission this year, it is my understanding that I am on the waitlist. Pebblesandpink - where did you land on the waitlist for last year after being extended a deferred offer?

Pebblesandpink - where did you land on the waitlist for last year after being extended a deferred offer?
I assume the top of the list. I was called in mid May with an acceptance. You are automatically placed on the waitlist if you get a deferred offer.

I interviewed on 4/11 and I just received a letter in the mail today that says I've been offered deferred admission for fall 2015 and that I've been placed high on the waitlist for fall 2014.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on 4/11 and I just received a letter in the mail today that says I've been offered deferred admission for fall 2015 and that I've been placed high on the waitlist for fall 2014.
Woohoo! Congratulations. Chances are your in. Go celebrate.. ill see ya in the fall. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I just got my official deferred acceptance letter. Yay! I'm going to PNWU at some point! I still may give them a quick call to see what they think my chances are to get in for this year off the waitlist. It may be a long wait until May...

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I just got my official deferred acceptance letter. Yay! I'm going to PNWU at some point! I still may give them a quick call to see what they think my chances are to get in for this year off the waitlist. It may be a long wait until May...
Congrats to you as well! I wouldnt lose sleep over it. Sounds like your essentially guaranteed a spot this year. Unless they handed out ridiculous amounts of those deferred offers. I'd say its acceptable to do your victory dance now.

Any deferred acceptance people hear anything about waitlist movement?

Any deferred acceptance people hear anything about waitlist movement?

Yes I would like to hear about any recent movement if there has been any. Also for those people who have been waitlisted as well. Does anyone know when they will be making the cuts on the alternate/waitlist. From the email that was sent out before the interviews it noted that the alternate list would eventually be narrowed down to like the top 30. I am interested to know when this is expected to happen.

I think it's an internal ranking. I don't think anyone will tell us, you could probably call and ask

they said they would start pulling people off of the wait list on May 1st and let the people in the top 30 know may 1st. Apparently hope and the rest of the enrolment office took the day off…. so it will no longer be today.

they said they would start pulling people off of the wait list on May 1st and let the people in the top 30 know may 1st. Apparently hope and the rest of the enrolment office took the day off…. so it will no longer be today.

Did you speak to someone and they said that they were taking some time off? I know that they are also getting ready for graduations. Did they say that they were going to rank the top 30 and then send the letters all out at once? Or was it going to be something that trickled out little by little? Just curious to know if there was a certain time frame of whether to expect a letter if I were going to be sent a letter. Anxiously awaiting word would really like to get into PNWU! Any current updates that anyone has are extremely welcome!

Hey can anyone fill me in on second year self study? What is it like?

Spoke to Mike last week and he said they had just ranked the wait list. Its about 80 people. Some time in the next week they will be calling / contacting the top 30 on the list. They are currently working on graduation stuff so dont expect a call today.

I know there are some people watching this thread to see what the waitlist movement is. I just got my call this morning! I was offered a deferred acceptance earlier, so I was probably near the top of the wait list, and now I have been offered and accepted a place for Fall 2014. See you in Yakima!
Next challenge: finding housing with a large dog...

I know there are some people watching this thread to see what the waitlist movement is. I just got my call this morning! I was offered a deferred acceptance earlier, so I was probably near the top of the wait list, and now I have been offered and accepted a place for Fall 2014. See you in Yakima!
Next challenge: finding housing with a large dog...
Congrats! I've been keeping my eye on the market. Dont think ill make the move til july though. I have an Australian shepherd thats my study buddy making the trip with me. Anyway, it doesnt look bad, several places allow dogs for a small fee. From what I hear landlords love pnwu students too and tend to make exceptions for that guaranteed rent check. I think the whole story will change come late july when everyone starts filling up spots though. Im heading over to check out places in a couple weeks. If you want to make a joint adventure out of it I wouldn't mind having help knocking on doors. Might do some hiking or fishing or something while im there. Gotta fit 4 years of fun into this summer ya know. Lol

I also got a call Friday morning with an offer for Fall 2014.

I also got a call Friday morning with an offer for Fall 2014.

Einsteinium99 were you also a deferred acceptance? If not did they say what place you were on the waitlist? Just curious when did you interview? During your conversation did they give any further info about their process and the progress they are making?

Einsteinium99 were you also a deferred acceptance? If not did they say what place you were on the waitlist? Just curious when did you interview? During your conversation did they give any further info about their process and the progress they are making?

Just saw that you interviewed 4/11 and were a deferred acceptance status, but still curious if they gave you any further information about what possibly the number you were on the waitlist or any other info.

My deferred acceptance letter said that I was high on the waitlist.. That's about all the information they gave me. Unfortunately, I was sawing logs when they called at 8 am last Friday and the voicemail they left was kind of brief.

Waitlist has not been ranked. Hope said it will be done around June.

khoatruong- When did you speak to Hope? I spoke to Mike last week and he said they had just ranked it and were going to make calls soon.

Waitlist has not been ranked. Hope said it will be done around June.

This sounds strange to me as well. I was told that they are ranking the list in May. Although they did just get done with the graduations last Friday so that may have been something that they were focusing on instead.

They probably just had the differed acceptances ranked.

I called today, the entire waitlist is ranked. They are making calls this week.

I called today, the entire waitlist is ranked. They are making calls this week.
It's people like you who keep people like me from flooding their office with phone calls. Ty for reporting this.

No problem!! The anticipation was killing me :) they said top 30 will be notified soon!!!!

khoatruong- When did you speak to Hope? I spoke to Mike last week and he said they had just ranked it and were going to make calls soon.

I spoke to her yesterday. She said that they're only calling people with deferred acceptance. Than around next month they'll have the waitlist rank to call people. I'm not sure whats going on but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information. I was told awhile back, by hope, the waitlist was near 100 but now reading previous post someone said it was now 80.

Last edited:
Can anyone here fill me in on what second year is like? I'm interested in knowing more about the self study aspect.

Can anyone here fill me in on what second year is like? I'm interested in knowing more about the self study aspect.

For us, most days were "scheduled" with self-study blocks pertaining to a subject. Professors provided readings, etc. I would typically study in the comfort of my home office. Usually the day after a particular block we would have an on campus session reviewing that block in the form of cases/questions with iclickers. For each question, a randomized student picture would appear on the screen and that student would answer the question. At the end of these "CILs" there was usually a quiz on our laptops.

Other courses like Clinical Skills and OPP were always held on campus.

They may have tweaked things a bit since my time on campus, but I imagine it is more or less the same.

I spoke to her yesterday. She said that they're only calling people with deferred acceptance. Than around next month they'll have the waitlist rank to call people. I'm not sure whats going on but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information. I was told awhile back, by hope, the waitlist was near 100 but now reading previous post someone said it was now 80.
That is strange. We are getting two different sets of information from the two key people in the admissions department. I am not sure what to make of it.

Yup! I think there is just a bit of confusion. Received an email back from Hope this morning, and she said "They are offering from the deferred offers first, which those were ranked. They will not rank the waitlist past that until mid-June unless it becomes necessary."

I know how it feels, hopefully the time flies! Not sure how big the wait-list is however.

All we do is wait. It is a challenge, especially since it will dictate what my wife and I do in in the immediate future. I am a little disappointed that Mike provided me with skewed information, although Im sure its crazy in the department right now. I guess I will not expect a phone call until June - if it happens at all. Fingers are crossed!

I wonder how many deferred offers were given out? Last time I talked to Hope she said there was 11 but that was almost 2 months ago

Last edited:
So basically the whole top of the waitlist....

Keep in mind that some of the deferreds may take a year off & choose to go next year instead of this fall, so that may open up a few more spots for those on the wait list as well.

So, what was the general breakdown of numbers again? I remember Hope saying something like:
5000 applicants
500 interviewees
150 seats
30 deferred acceptances
# waitlisted (excluding the deferred)?

Let me know if that's wrong. And what the # is.

Ok so I found some more info, with all the conflicting info out there hopefully this doesn't just add to it but here it goes. I talked to Leanne and she said that there are 8 offers they are waiting to hear back from off the deferred list, and if all of those accept then the class is full. I believe there are 15 to 20 people still deferred that are still on the wait list. I also talked to mike and he told me that 30 people were given deferred offers and that they are on the top of the wait list( so nothing new really). I just wish I had remembered to ask Leanne what percent of deferred offers just wait until the next year!