Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you call a PNWU student who is having a good time?

A osteoblast ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Why was the first D.O. so easy to photograph?

Because he was Still.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
What about the 30 posts to UWs MD program???

Remember we will all be providers at one point.

Hmm. Looks like supertroll2.0 has made its way to this thread as well. Don't feed it, people.

What about the 30 posts to UWs MD program???

Remember we will all be providers at one point.

Whoa, someone missed the joke. 91.5% of all doctors are M.D.s!

Hmm. Looks like supertroll2.0 has made its way to this thread as well. Don't feed it, people.

I got 5 interview invites from D.O. schools (LUCOM, Western Lebanon, PNWU, CCOM, and AZCOM). I went to the first two interviews and got accepted at both programs. I was accepted at UW before I had the chance to attend my PNWU, CCOM, and AZCOM interviews. I would hardly consider my posting on this board to be out of arrogance or for the sake of trolling. I know some guys accepted to PNWU and I was just dropping a couple of homemade jokes on the thread for fun.

Last edited:
So....turns out Abraham Lincoln and John Kennedy were treated by M.D.s...it interesting to think how different history could have turned out if a couple of D.O.s had been in the right place at the right time.
You just knew I'd see this didn't you... Hahahahaha

You just knew I'd see this didn't you... Hahahahaha
Some of the PNWU threadsters be getting all hot and bothered bro! They are comparing me to a troll, I do have huge wart on my face, but other than that I have no troll like features. Although I do like to hang out under bridges.....maybe I was a troll in a previous life.

Some of the PNWU threadsters be getting all hot and bothered bro! They are comparing me to a troll, I do have huge wart on my face, but other than that I have no troll like features. Although I do like to hang out under bridges.....
Quit trolling kids. Those of us waiting to hear back from UW in the next two weeks are anxious enough already!

Quit trolling kids. Those of us waiting to hear back from UW in the next two weeks are anxious enough already!
What did you think of the osteoblast joke? I am kind of fond of that one :)

These posts are irrelevant to PNWU discussion (its what this thread is for FYI). Continued irrelevant posts will be reported.

These posts are irrelevant to PNWU discussion (its what this thread is for FYI). Continued irrelevant posts will be reported.
Calm down man. You joined today and already know all the rules, you must love to read user agreements!

I think you are another user who made up an account just to tell me that and I reported you!

Members don't see this ad :)

I told people to not feed the troll! smh

Calm down man. You joined today and already know all the rules, you must love to read user agreements!

I think you are another user who made up an account just to tell me that and I reported you!

Try: a long time lurker on this thread that decided to make an account today to be able to pm a friend I met at an interview a few weeks ago. I'm sure this sort of attitude doesn't reflect the quality of PNWU, but I sure hope I don't see you there.

Try: a long time lurker on this thread that decided to make an account today to be able to pm a friend I met at an interview a few weeks ago. I'm sure this sort of attitude doesn't reflect the quality of PNWU, but I sure hope I don't see you there.
You can't be friends with someone you met a few weeks ago, maybe acquaintances....

Can any current students comment on the dress code? I'm mostly curious about lecture days, as I imagine professional dress is expected when seeing patients, etc.

I'm a little hesitant to go here with a wife and two small kids... Will they be able to go to the park or do things while I'm studying or feel nervous about doing things because of the Yakima scene?

I'm a little hesitant to go here with a wife and two small kids... Will they be able to go to the park or do things while I'm studying or feel nervous about doing things because of the Yakima scene?
I wouldn't worry about that at all. I grew up in the area (Selah) and I wandered around the park throughout my childhood without a problem. The school is in Terrace Heights, an outlying town that is just as safe as any other small town. Yakima is only sketchy in downtown parts (just like any other city in the US). Your kids will be safe as ever in any of the small towns around Yakima (Selah, West Valley, East Valley, Terrace Heights). I know several other students who are living in these outlying towns with spouses/children and you're never more than a 10-minute drive from the school. It shouldn't be a problem at all :)

Reactions: 2 users
If you don't buy drugs or hang out in dark alleys at night where they deal drugs you will never experience any problems. The crime stats always look bad on paper, but 90% of crime is localized to the 10-20% of the population who have socioeconomic and/or psychological challenges. No worries!

The really bad areas are between the freeway and 1st street, most everywhere else is decent or nice.

My wife is from the Yakima Valley.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Can any current students comment on the dress code? I'm mostly curious about lecture days, as I imagine professional dress is expected when seeing patients, etc.
"professional" (business casual to semi-formal) or scrubs, closed toe shoes from 9-5, Mon to Friday, except: gym shorts, shirt, sports bra in opp and clinical skills labs; semi-formal for the 3-4 half days per semester of "community" time (e.g. hanging out with a dentist); semi-formal + white coat for standardized patient encounters.

Just turned down my acceptance. Good luck to those still in the running... It seemed like an awesome school and I'm still questioning my decision. ...ended up putting down a deposit at Des Moines University. I'm gonna miss the PNW!

Just turned down my acceptance. Good luck to those still in the running... It seemed like an awesome school and I'm still questioning my decision. ...ended up putting down a deposit at Des Moines University. I'm gonna miss the PNW!
Good luck in Iowa!

I sent in my acceptance today. How do I get into the PNWU class of 2019 Facebook page? I sent a request 2 weeks ago when I received my acceptance letter and even PMed one of the admins of it. I have a family of six to find housing for so I need to start networking. . .

I sent in my acceptance today. How do I get into the PNWU class of 2019 Facebook page? I sent a request 2 weeks ago when I received my acceptance letter and even PMed one of the admins of it. I have a family of six to find housing for so I need to start networking. . .
I would just suggest to keep trying to PM someone about it. You can always email Hope and I'm sure she'd help you out. As for living, I'm not sure if anyone on the page would offer much solace. Most of us on there are looking to room up with 1-2 other people and we're waiting for the open house to meet up and talk about it.

I would just suggest to keep trying to PM someone about it. You can always email Hope and I'm sure she'd help you out. As for living, I'm not sure if anyone on the page would offer much solace. Most of us on there are looking to room up with 1-2 other people and we're waiting for the open house to meet up and talk about it.
When is the open house? Sounds like a good time.

Ok thanks, I'll try that. :) Id heard that sometimes outgoing MS2s will post homes for rent, which is what we are looking for. See you in April!

Sometime in April. Are you set on UW?
I am set on UW (my tuition will only be 15k per year), but it would be cool to come hang out with my two friends who are going here. I could easily visit the Yakima Valley that weekend since my in laws live in Zillah.

I went to last years open house and I was impressed with this school. It will be very exciting to watch this school grow and since I plan on practicing in the Yakima Valley I have a connection to this school and would even love to teach here in the future. Twenty years from now I bet they have nursing program, PA program, and maybe a pharmacy or dental school. COMP has a really cool campus in Pomona where they have all these different health professions learning together and it would be awesome if PNWU did the same thing.

I was very honored to get an interview invitation to this school as well!

Look who got banned. Burn!

Again, users are reminded to keep it professional and on-topic. If a user is bothering you, use the "ignore" feature at the bottom of the intended user's post.

That is dope, it is like Texas but in pnw! Lucky guy, no wonder you can afford to make corny jokes on here! Cheap school is usually the best one----but happiness also should come into play. Good luck at UW!
I am set on UW (my tuition will only be 15k per year), but it would be cool to come hang out with my two friends who are going here. I could easily visit the Yakima Valley that weekend since my in laws live in Zillah.

I went to last years open house and I was impressed with this school. It will be very exciting to watch this school grow and since I plan on practicing in the Yakima Valley I have a connection to this school and would even love to teach here in the future. Twenty years from now I bet they have nursing program, PA program, and maybe a pharmacy or dental school. COMP has a really cool campus in Pomona where they have all these different health professions learning together and it would be awesome if PNWU did the same thing.

I am sorry but UW tuition I don't believe is quite that rosy "(my tuition will only be 15k per year)". When I read 15k I thought I have never seen tuition that low in modern times so when I checked straight off their website:

Resident tuition: $31,992
Out of state: $60,978

I am sorry but UW tuition I don't believe is quite that rosy "(my tuition will only be 15k per year)". When I read 15k I thought I have never seen tuition that low in modern times so when I checked straight off their website:

Resident tuition: $31,992
Out of state: $60,978
He's a veteran and pays only half.

It is great to hear that veterans get a reduced tuition rate!
Is that the norm on all state schools or only UW?
I know WSU offers veteran waivers, but theirs is not quite as good since they only give 50% off undergraduate tuition rates. So if you attend veterinary school you will only get about 25% off your tuition.

Have any of you heard back from the march interviews? It's been quiet here for a good while.

March interview was just this last Saturday so nothing yet. As far as they told us all seats are offered. I assume there are a few, like maybe 2 or 3, seats open but they didn't let on to us if there were or not. I'm super anxious to hear back though, even if it's jut a wait list status.

March interview was just this last Saturday so nothing yet. As far as they told us all seats are offered. I assume there are a few, like maybe 2 or 3, seats open but they didn't let on to us if there were or not. I'm super anxious to hear back though, even if it's jut a wait list status.
So if that's the case April interviews would basically be for waitlist spots?

I accepted a spot at WVSOM, so my name will be off the waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Our March interview sounds like it's also for wait list.

The explanation, as I understood it, is that the committee is waiting to meet until after the April 10th session to make any more decisions so they can make seat offers based on how many people drop off between now and then. The rest of the offers will be to the wait list.

So, if you were currently offered a seat and thinking about dropping it, a good time to do it would be before Tuesday April 14th when the final admissions committee meets.

Ditto, I will post if I hear anything about wait list status!

According to my email convo with Hope they make decisions after each interview day. Tomorrow would normally be the call day for offers but not sure with wait list status. I've checked my self service portal frequentlyso will post any updates as well!

Anyone else going to the open house next Saturday ?

Looking forward to meeting you all!