Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine was in my portal, too. I thought my interview had gone well. So sad.

Members don't see this ad.

Wait listed. Best of luck to everyone in the next application cycle who didn't make it. I met a lot of wonderful, passionate, very qualified people at that interview. Don't forget your passion!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted. I got a phone call and portal change to "offer." But it will be a spot for one of you waitlisted folks, as I just accepted an offer from WesternU-COMP-NW.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get an email but was able to check the status in my portal.

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear about those of you who didn't make it. I know how it feels. Keep up the hard work and you guys will make it!

Emailed Hope yesterday and she said that they are hoping to rank the waitlist by "probably the beginning of May." Pretty vague, but we will get emails saying what our ranking range is, i.e. top 10, 20, 30, but I am not sure if they give candidates numbers if they are above 30. Hope that helps.

How long did accepted student wait from the time they got the phone call to the time they got the acceptance letter? And was it emailed or mailed? I don't remember what she said I was too excited!!

How long did accepted student wait from the time they got the phone call to the time they got the acceptance letter? And was it emailed or mailed? I don't remember what she said I was too excited!!

I received the mail the following week, I'd say about 5 business day. Make sure to stay on top of your mail. I was surprised by the short window of time I was given to mail them back the acceptance letter and the deposit check.

Yea no kidding I found it at my apartment box not at my mailing address. Hey so is the acceptance form just to hold my seat?

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI some wait list ranking emails have been sent out.

Reactions: 1 users
FYI some wait list ranking emails have been sent out.
If you don't mind me asking, what does it say in the email? Does it give you a specific number for your rank or does it give a generic you are in the top 10 or something like that?

I got an email:

"Hello,

The PNWU-COM Admission Committee met today and started ranking the waitlist...." -Followed by my round about position.

I noticed last year that they moved to about the 30th person off the waitlist. Does anyone know if this is typical? I also got the sense that they contacted people who were higher than 30 to fill the ~30 spots.

I got an email:

"Hello,

The PNWU-COM Admission Committee met today and started ranking the waitlist...." -Followed by my round about position.

I noticed last year that they moved to about the 30th person off the waitlist. Does anyone know if this is typical? I also got the sense that they contacted people who were higher than 30 to fill the ~30 spots.

I got the 30-spot impression as well.

If you don't mind me asking, what does it say in the email? Does it give you a specific number for your rank or does it give a generic you are in the top 10 or something like that?

Same thing as buenhombre's with a generic you are in the top 10... No specific numbered spot though.

I have withdrawn my acceptance here. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist.

For those of you withdrawing your acceptances is it primarily because you got into another school that you prefer? And if that's the case, what are some of the reasons you are choosing other schools over PNWU? I'm not trying to start a flame war, in legitimately curious.

For those of you withdrawing your acceptances is it primarily because you got into another school that you prefer? And if that's the case, what are some of the reasons you are choosing other schools over PNWU? I'm not trying to start a flame war, in legitimately curious.

I chose Western COMP-NW over PNWU for family reasons (friends and family close by for my family). I liked what I saw of PNWU and would have been happy to go there.

Yes, I received an acceptance at my top choice school. The reasons I prefer this school are that it has its own teaching hospital, I don't have to learn OMM, and I don't have to move for clinical years. I was of course willing to do those things if it was the only way for me to become a doctor. However, I don't have a strong desire to learn OMM, and if I only have to move the one time, I'm all for it. The school also has some cool other things that I am looking forward to.

That being said, I really loved PNWU. I was all set to attend until a couple of weeks ago when I received my other acceptance. It was my number 2 school on my list.

Has anyone been pulled from the waitlist? Any news?

My top school! I have lived in WA my "whole" life, well since I came to the USA 7 years ago and do not want to leave this state. I am a very avid hiker, and can not imagine my life without getting into the mountains at least once a week. Quick question, do you guys think I have a chance? MCAT 24 ( 6 in verbal, not native), GPA ~3.7, UW alumni, very strong ties to WA. Lots of shadowing ( MD and DO, but the LOR is from MD), work in medical setting, medical and non medical volunteering. Would really appreciate the feedback.
To those who have been accepted CONGRATS!!!

My top school! I have lived in WA my "whole" life, well since I came to the USA 7 years ago and do not want to leave this state. I am a very avid hiker, and can not imagine my life without getting into the mountains at least once a week. Quick question, do you guys think I have a chance? MCAT 24 ( 6 in verbal, not native), GPA ~3.7, UW alumni, very strong ties to WA. Lots of shadowing ( MD and DO, but the LOR is from MD), work in medical setting, medical and non medical volunteering. Would really appreciate the feedback.
To those who have been accepted CONGRATS!!!
I think you've got a chance. Not for the class of 2019 though. I would get your application ready to submit really early in the upcoming cycle and that would help increase your odds. The MCAT would be the weakest part of your application from what I can see. But there is definitely a chance.

I think you've got a chance. Not for the class of 2019 though. I would get your application ready to submit really early in the upcoming cycle and that would help increase your odds. The MCAT would be the weakest part of your application from what I can see. But there is definitely a chance.
thanks DrLefty!
I am applying this May/June so that will be for the class of 2020. And yes, my MCAT sucks, I am studying for a 2015 MCAT now just in case :)

thanks DrLefty!
I am applying this May/June so that will be for the class of 2020. And yes, my MCAT sucks, I am studying for a 2015 MCAT now just in case :)
Yeah I mean your scores aren't TERRIBLE a 24 with a 6 in verbal means your other 2 scores are decent. Bring up the verbal and you will be golden. I'm a huge believer that the sooner the better on your application. It's a pain but just make sure to get it all in ASAP. In my opinion that is one of the most important things you can do.

It's been quiet. Has anyone else been pulled from the waitlist?

I spoke with them and I know they will most likely be re-ranking the waitlist (those who didn't make it to the top 30) soon so I assume there has been some movement.

I called yesterday and I got a similar story. Sounds like quite a few people dropped themselves from the waitlist.

I have no idea where they are on the waitlist. Tinypatrol06 was top 10. Has anyone in the top 20 been pulled?

I called yesterday and I got a similar story. Sounds like quite a few people dropped themselves from the waitlist.

I have no idea where they are on the waitlist. Tinypatrol06 was top 10. Has anyone in the top 20 been pulled?

I ranked in the top 10 and still haven't heard anything more than the email from LeAnn.

I ranked in the top 10 and still haven't heard anything more than the email from LeAnn.

You all know about the May 15 drop deadline?

"After May 15 of the year of matriculation, each medical college may implement college-specific procedures for accepted students who hold one or more seats at other medical colleges.
Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institu- tions.

An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited and the seat may be given to another candidate.

Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one college of osteopathic medicine to avoid having positions withdrawn."

- http://www.aacom.org/docs/default-source/cib/2016_aacomas-instructions.pdf?sfvrsn=2

So hopefully starting this past Friday, those with multiple acceptances started dropping and we'll see more movement this week. Maybe not though. The stubborn ones have another couple weeks.

The other part of this to be aware of is that if you're offered a seat now that we're past May 15, you may be required to give an immediate response and deposit.

I will be giving up my spot for this year. Hopefully a lucky waitlister gets some good news today! Good luck to everyone else.

I received an offer this morning. Good luck to everyone else on the wait list, it seems to be moving along.

Hi fellow PNWUers,

Just withdrew my acceptance from this great school and hope it goes to one of you! Just had to move to Chicago as I am offered a seat at UIC. But this is a tough decision as PNWU is the first school to offer me and I had no doubt that I was going to come here. I loved the school when I interviewed back in Jan. Hope to come back to this area and perhaps join the school as a faculty. I will miss PNWU! Good luck to u all and I wish you all the best as you pursue this arduous process of becoming a doc. You will all make it as long as you don't give up. It took me 2 to 3 tries but it finally worked! Best wishes!

More hope for you wait-listers, I just rescinded my acceptance as well. I (among many others, I see) decided to go with COMP-NW.

Hopefully all of you hear good news either from this school or another. I'm looking forward to meeting you soon! Good luck to everyone who is not going to this school. I'll miss you.

Reactions: 1 users
it looks like one of you opened up a seat for me! I got the call two days ago. I'm excited to meet all of you going!

Reactions: 2 users
i was in the top 10. judging by how many people seem to have been accepted i'd say they're probably past the 10 mark or just around it.

Keep that waitlist moving!

edit: Congrats to everyone on their acceptances!

Last edited:
Anyone else hear anything? God knows how many times I've checked this page.

I know last year they nearly took 30 people off the wait list, however, is this common? Has it happened in the years prior?

Anyone else hear anything? God knows how many times I've checked this page.

I know last year they nearly took 30 people off the wait list, however, is this common? Has it happened in the years prior?
According to multiple sources ~30 people off the wait list each year is pretty common.

Accepted this morning. I am very excited! Can't wait to meet everyone.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!

(I was in the top 20, so they are moving along).

Reactions: 3 users
Hi just wonder if there is anyone here, who is OOS and have MCAT of 26 or lower, got into this school?