Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No actual dates for the interviews yet though, right?
As of yesterday: "The COM admission committee is finalizing the schedule for the interview day(s). Once the information is ready, you will receive an email with details on the date and time of your interview."

Reactions: 1 user
The secondary email says to use internet explorer 8 or lower, was that an issue for anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
I used chrome, which also worked fine.

Dear PNWU, please change my status from pending to ANYTHING ELSE. The suspense is killing me. Love, me. PS I would really like it if the status was interview.... just saying....

Got an interview invite as of 1:44. You choose the date that you want to be interviewed

II as well, little over 30 min ago! So many options to choose from, dating from October to March of next year. I love it that the interviews are on Saturdays, so I don't have to miss work to attend \o/

I got my interview invite through the email and interview choice through email.

So those of you who have received IIs recently also received an email with interview dates to choose from? I'm still waiting for the option to choose an interview date, and I don't see anything on the portal that allows me to choose one. I guess I have to wait for the email.

So those of you who have received IIs recently also received an email with interview dates to choose from? I'm still waiting for the option to choose an interview date, and I don't see anything on the portal that allows me to choose one. I guess I have to wait for the email.

I'm in the same boat as you.

I got an interview invite last week and the list of dates arrived today. Scheduling is done via email, not through the portal, but I hope those of you waiting get your emails soon. All the dates I checked were Saturdays, which is so convenient I would love this school for that alone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed the email they gave to choose from the dates, has anyone heard back with a confirmation of the date they chose?

I emailed the email they gave to choose from the dates, has anyone heard back with a confirmation of the date they chose?
I sent my email with my preferred date yesterday afternoon and still haven't heard back, and haven't seen an update in the portal yet. It will probably take a couple days. Is anyone else requesting Oct. 18?

I have not heard back either. I requested 10/11...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard back. I asked for 10/11. Hopefully I'll see you there, royfan!

I just got a confirmation, but that may be because I gave her several dates. No info so far on the day's schedule, but I'll interview with the October 18 group. See you all in Yakima next month!

I'm in the same spot. Portal says II but no email yet. Please post if you get the email soon.
The dates on the email are all on saturdays (at least for me). They are october 11th and 18th, november 15th, january 24th, february 21st, and march 28th. Someone else is welcome to add to these dates, but I would venture you could just email and let them know what date you request from the list above as long as you are invited to an interview.

I am most likely scheduling Oct 18, now I am just trying to figure out the dates with the schedule and the dates I got for Lebanon.

Do they send ii's throughout the week or only one day a week? I am not sure if anyone knows but if you do please give me a heads up.

I've been complete for awhile now and I am just chomping at the bit to get a ii here.... (probably like everyone else)

The dates on the email are all on saturdays (at least for me). They are october 11th and 18th, november 15th, january 24th, february 21st, and march 28th. Someone else is welcome to add to these dates, but I would venture you could just email and let them know what date you request from the list above as long as you are invited to an interview.
Thanks so much! Just got the email :)

Do they send ii's throughout the week or only one day a week? I am not sure if anyone knows but if you do please give me a heads up.

I've been complete for awhile now and I am just chomping at the bit to get a ii here.... (probably like everyone else)

How long have you been waiting? I have been complete since 8/21 haha

How long have you been waiting? I have been complete since 8/21 haha

I've been complete since about the same time as you. I emailed Hope and she said that she was hoping to send me a decision by this week but I think she may say that to everyone.

I've been complete since about the same time as you. I emailed Hope and she said that she was hoping to send me a decision by this week but I think she may say that to everyone.
oh I see. Ya I was thinking about contacting her as well, but I wasn't sure if it was appropriate or not haha. But thanks for the info.

Are you also applying from pac-nw?

Nope. I'm from the mid-west. I know they have a strong regional bias but i'm hoping for the chance to interview and win some hearts over. Is this your number one?

i've been complete since 8/29 OOS, mine still says "committee"

Nope. I'm from the mid-west. I know they have a strong regional bias but i'm hoping for the chance to interview and win some hearts over. Is this your number one?

I'm from Oregon so if I decide to stay closer to home, WesternU Lebanon or PNWU would be the choices for me!

Hello all - Getting nervious.... 3.23s/3.22 overall and 27 MCAT - so not great, but was from a really hard school, honest :)!). I have not received an II - do you think I still have a chance here?

Hello all - Getting nervious.... 3.23s/3.22 overall and 27 MCAT - so not great, but was from a really hard school, honest :)!). I have not received an II - do you think I still have a chance here?

With those numbers it's still very doable. I think it all depends on what your extracurriculars and stuff. If you're OOS and have literally nothing else to back up your application, you may want to reconsider. But if the rest of your app is decent it's definitely worth a shot.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't seen anyone on SDN mention this but I found this on the applicant profile on PNWU's website.
http://www.pnwu.edu/students/prospective-students/applicant-and-class-profiles/
For the class of 2018, there were 3640 AACOMAS applicants and only 1512 applicants who completed their secondary. So does this mean that the primary application is reviewed or screened before PNWU sends secondary application. Could anyone could shed any light on this?

Hey are there options for those of us coming to interview to stay with a student? Just seeing if I can keep my costs down.

I just canceled my interview invite (I hadn't scheduled yet) due to an acceptance elsewhere. I wish you all the best of luck during the remainder of this cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
Can you tell us what school you chose and what factors went into your decision?

I chose OU-HCOM mainly because I'm instate and it has a great reputation. The tuition is cheap, the campus is beautiful, they have the lowest student-to-cadaver ratio of any US medical school, and the students consistently do well on the boards. All alumni and current students I have talked to were very happy with their choice to attend, and many alumni return to teach there. I felt like it was a pretty darn good fit for me, and I knew I would be happy living there. I couldn't justify paying out of state tuition, when I could get a great education for less money from a well respected school.

Reactions: 5 users
I chose OU-HCOM mainly because I'm instate and it has a great reputation. The tuition is cheap, the campus is beautiful, they have the lowest student-to-cadaver ratio of any US medical school, and the students consistently do well on the boards. All alumni and current students I have talked to were very happy with their choice to attend, and many alumni return to teach there. I felt like it was a pretty darn good fit for me, and I knew I would be happy living there. I couldn't justify paying out of state tuition, when I could get a great education for less money from a well respected school.

That's a pretty great answer. Congrats and best of luck!

I'm curious, what is their student:cadaver ratio?

II today! wohoo! Not yet decided on the date though!

Hmmm. I thought that was pretty standard. What other ratios have you seen?

I will admit I'm not the most knowledgeable on this topic, but I was under the impression 2 groups of 3-4 that rotate was average. When they told us they had yet to run into another school with a ratio as good as theirs, I drank the kool-aid. Regardless if this is actually true or not, I'm still very happy about my decision.

I apologize for steering the thread away from PNWU. It appears to be a great school, and I would have been very interested in getting to know more about it, had I not gotten into an instate school.

I will admit I'm not the most knowledgeable on this topic, but I was under the impression 2 groups of 3-4 that rotate was average. When they told us they had yet to run into another school with a ratio as good as theirs, I drank the kool-aid. Regardless if this is actually true or not, I'm still very happy about my decision.

Yeah. I don't think that's a major factor either way. The dissection is important, but only a small part of your medical education. Your other considerations make your choice pretty easy, though.

I apologize for steering the thread away from PNWU. It appears to be a great school, and I would have been very interested in getting to know more about it, had I not gotten into an instate school.

No apology necessary. These comparisons are valuable for a student considering which school to attend, which is (partially) what this thread is intended for. It's also hard to know which factors are (and aren't) important at this stage, so I've tried to facilitate some of this discussion.

Any current students hosting interviewees?
I talked to Ennis Hope and she said they are working on getting that set up and to call her next week or the week after and she will have a better idea what is available.

anyone interviewing on Nov 15th? Also, how are the interviews like?? Anyone have any idea?

Last edited:
anyone interviewing on Nov 15th? Also, how are the interviews like?? Anyone have any idea?
I'm going to lurk the old threads to try and figure out some good ways to prepare. I'll post what I find. Anyone else is welcome to do the same.