Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm going to lurk the old threads to try and figure out some good ways to prepare. I'll post what I find. Anyone else is welcome to do the same.
Oh Thank you! really appreciate that too. I am going to do the same.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to lurk the old threads to try and figure out some good ways to prepare. I'll post what I find. Anyone else is welcome to do the same.
Oh Thank you! really appreciate that too. I am going to do the same.
MMI with about 30 of us, meeting with everyone they can find that has some interest in the school to conduct the interview. But also its said to be pretty laid back. Know your application was the best advice I got from reading the other posts.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MMI with about 30 of us, meeting with everyone they can find that has some interest in the school to conduct the interview. But also its said to be pretty laid back. Know your application was the best advice I got from reading the other posts.
By 30 of us, you mean 30 Mini Interviews? 30 interviewees?

Any ideas as to what kind of questions they ask during the interviews?

Portal changed from committee to interview!!! What's the lag time between this and getting a real invite?

Hello everyone! I am flying all the way from PA for my interview in Nov. So, Is it better to come to Yakima via Seattle or is a direct flight to Yakima better? Or are there any other better alternative routes? I checked the flights and saw that the flights to and from Seattle are bit more flexible than from Yakima. I am planning on getting a flight to Seattle and then will take a rental care to Yakima from Seattle.

I booked my flight to Seattle and I'm driving to Yakima. Much cheaper that way.

You might be able to get a reasonable flight into the tri-cities (Pasco), about an hour east of Yakima. Especially for those interviewing later in the fall/winter, Pasco can offer better scheduling than Yakima and also lets you avoid crossing a pass.

I booked my flight to Seattle and I'm driving to Yakima. Much cheaper that way.
You might be able to get a reasonable flight into the tri-cities (Pasco), about an hour east of Yakima. Especially for those interviewing later in the fall/winter, Pasco can offer better scheduling than Yakima and also lets you avoid crossing a pass.

Thanks! I will def look into getting flights from either Seattle or the tri-cities.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I will def look into getting flights from either Seattle or the tri-cities.
I found that the tri-cities was way more expensive, although it would have worked better for me because I have family there. Portland might also be an option but it is like a three / three and half hour drive to Yakima (although very nice along the river and gorge.)

I found that the tri-cities was way more expensive, although it would have worked better for me because I have family there. Portland might also be an option but it is like a three / three and half hour drive to Yakima (although very nice along the river and gorge.)
Thanks! yes flying to Pasco seems to be more expensive than flying to Seattle. I will look into Portland too. 3.5 hour drive is not too bad. I guess it is 2.5 hour drive from Seattle to Yakima. Speaking of rivers and gorges, I hope the roads aren't dangerous, right?

Thanks! yes flying to Pasco seems to be more expensive than flying to Seattle. I will look into Portland too. 3.5 hour drive is not too bad. I guess it is 2.5 hour drive from Seattle to Yakima. Speaking of rivers and gorges, I hope the roads aren't dangerous, right?
As long as there is not an ice storm then the drive along the gorge isn't bad at all, even in the rain. If it snowing then snoqualmie pass can be scary and horrible. But, I have gone over a couple of times in the snow and survived without any ill effects to my disposition; of course I live in the mountains of Colorado so maybe that had an effect.

i've been complete since 8/29 and my portal still says "committee"
i have nothing more to report, other than this feels like it's taking hella time+pity+

i've been complete since 8/29 and my portal still says "committee"
i have nothing more to report, other than this feels like it's taking hella time+pity+
Yeah man. That's rough. I'm also just waiting around to hear from other schools. No fun.

Also, have any of you interviewed at other places already? I'm curious to see what else people have been doing the last couple weeks

Yeah man. That's rough. I'm also just waiting around to hear from other schools. No fun.

Also, have any of you interviewed at other places already? I'm curious to see what else people have been doing the last couple weeks

PNWU will be my 1st interview #nervous

How about yourself?

Cancelled my interview here, hope one of yall get it.

NOV 15. I got accepted to WVSOM and TUNCOM, but TUNCOM is super high on my list so I'm pretty sure I'm going to go there. Turning down II's is an amazing feeling. What I imagine being a hot girl at a bar feels like.

Reactions: 3 users
PNWU will be my 1st interview #nervous

How about yourself?
Same here. It will be my first. That's why I'm trying to figure out how to prepare. Lol.

NOV 15. I got accepted to WVSOM and TUNCOM, but TUNCOM is super high on my list so I'm pretty sure I'm going to go there. Turning down II's is an amazing feeling. What I imagine being a hot girl at a bar feels like.

Only if you like seeing the pain on their faces

Just looked at my status and it says "Interview", pretty excited because I was born and raised in Idaho. May give me an opportunity to be closer to home.

Reactions: 1 users
Just looked at my status and it says "Interview", pretty excited because I was born and raised in Idaho. May give me an opportunity to be closer to home.
Congrats. After being gone for so long, I'm hoping to have a chance to end up closer to home as well. I'm originally a Washingtonian. :)

Hello everyone! I am flying all the way from PA for my interview in Nov. So, Is it better to come to Yakima via Seattle or is a direct flight to Yakima better? Or are there any other better alternative routes? I checked the flights and saw that the flights to and from Seattle are bit more flexible than from Yakima. I am planning on getting a flight to Seattle and then will take a rental care to Yakima from Seattle.
There is no direct flight to Yakima. You can connect to Yakima from Portland, Seattle, salt lake city or a few other cities. Yu can also fly into Tricities and drive to Yakima which is about 80 minute drive. That option is better during snowy weather because your don't have to drive over a pass.

There is no direct flight to Yakima. You can connect to Yakima from Portland, Seattle, salt lake city or a few other cities. Yu can also fly into Tricities and drive to Yakima which is about 80 minute drive. That option is better during snowy weather because your don't have to drive over a pass.
Hello Dr,
I think I did see a few flights to Yakima online although they aren't as flexible as they are from Seattle ( atleast for me). I have booked a flight to Seatttle and will be taking a rental car from Seattle to Yakima. So what exactly is a pass (sorry for my ignorance)? My interview is scheduled in mid-Nov. I am assuming that the chances of snow during Nov is low compared to Dec or Jan.

Hello Dr,
I think I did see a few flights to Yakima online although they aren't as flexible as they are from Seattle ( atleast for me). I have booked a flight to Seatttle and will be taking a rental car from Seattle to Yakima. So what exactly is a pass (sorry for my ignorance)? My interview is scheduled in mid-Nov. I am assuming that the chances of snow during Nov is low compared to Dec or Jan.

dermpathdoc is referring to snoqualmie pass. It is the freeway that crosses the cascade mtns which seperates seattle from yakima. It is a beautiful drive and you can see many volcanoes along the way! In the winter it can be closed or take many hours to cross the mtns though becuase of snow. I would definitely recommend driving from Tri-cities (Pasco is the air port I think...) if you have the option during the winter.

Same here. It will be my first. That's why I'm trying to figure out how to prepare. Lol.

same here!!! :S

Anyone here interviewing on the 11th?! 2 weeks eeeks!

I didnt receive a call or email for the interview, but I have just check my application status which now shows interview (made on 09/26 which is last Friday). I will call to schedule an interview after I get off work today at around noon ! Did anyone have the same situation?

I didnt receive a call or email for the interview, but I have just check my application status which now shows interview (made on 09/26 which is last Friday). I will call to schedule an interview after I get off work today at around noon ! Did anyone have the same situation?
Nevermind, just recently received an email regarding scheduling interview. Earliest date is 01/24/2015 :(

Yeah. It will be a couple days then you should get an email requesting you to respond with one of the available days that you would like to have your interview.

Anyone driving to SEA-TAC Airport after the interview on October 11? I'm looking to hitch a ride and am willing to contribute gas money. :) PM me if you're interested!

Nevermind, just recently received an email regarding scheduling interview. Earliest date is 01/24/2015 :(
You could try asking to be put on the waitlist for one of the earlier dates.

Last edited:
I'm driving from Lake Wenatchee/Leavenworth on the 11th. I'd love to carpool if anyone is coming from there?

II yesterday. Only the January, February, and March dates were available though. See my MDapps profile for more details on my stats.

I just got my interview invitation yesterday as well! I can't express how happy and privileged I feel to have received an invitation! I chose the Jan24th date to interview =]

Reactions: 1 users
I just got my interview invitation yesterday as well! I can't express how happy and privileged I feel to have received an invitation! I chose the Jan24th date to interview =]
Interviewing that same day, see you there. Congrats

can any current students please comment on the research facilities and research opportunities at PNWU? Thanks!!!

Anyone have any experience with the Shuttle from Seattle to Yakima?

I feel you man ! Congrats.