Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those who have been accepted, this might be a stupid question but where did you find all the documents that must be filled out with the deposit? I am on my portal and I do not see anything...
Also did you guys just send check or can we pay it online?

Thanks!

I just filled out and signed the paper that they attached to the acceptance letter. I think that's the only thing we had to sign and turn in along with the deposit. I sent them a check since I didn't see any options to pay for it online.

Members don't see this ad.

I just filled out and signed the paper that they attached to the acceptance letter. I think that's the only thing we had to sign and turn in along with the deposit. I sent them a check since I didn't see any options to pay for it online.
Thank you! I wish they accepted pay pal or online transactions... kinda hesitant to mail the check:bored:

Thank you! I wish they accepted pay pal or online transactions... kinda hesitant to mail the check:bored:

I mailed the check, it was received and cashed already but they still haven't updated the website. I emailed them asking to make sure they received everything and they said they had, they just haven't gotten around to updating the website. My guess is they are preparing for the next round of interviews and updating the website isn't on the list of priorities since the deadline is Dec. 14th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all those interviewing tomorrow! My advice: don't stress. This is as easy as interviews get

Reactions: 1 users
I got rejected pre interview as well, really surprised, I just don't know what this school is looking for. I applied last year and was rejected :( was complete in September.

I am pretty sure there are people who get rejected after submission of their secondaries and do not receive an interview. These are the stats that are posted from the school so it should give you an idea of how many people are not offered an interview.

College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) Applicants (for entrance into the 2015-16 AY):
  • Number of applications received: 4295
  • Number of supplemental applicants: 1780
  • Number of applicants invited to interview: 871
  • Number of offers made: 263
Seems like a 50/50 chance of getting an II..
I'm OOS and received the secondary yesterday.
I'm assuming this is a good sign? Although the pre-interview rejects are making me nervous..

Those who have been accepted to two or more schools, how have you made a decision? I've been accepted to PNWU and BCOM and am needing some guidance!

Those who have been accepted to two or more schools, how have you made a decision? I've been accepted to PNWU and BCOM and am needing some guidance!
Are you from PNW? Is location important to you? Where do you see yourself 15 years from now?
I was very impressed with BCOM, however, I chose PNWU because it is more established and because it is close to home, and because WA state is the best (slightly biased lol). I spoke with a couple residents who attended PNWU, and they loved the school and did not have anything bad to say about it.

Reactions: 1 user

I was accepted to four schools across the country.
I chose PNWU because I have a strong support system in the area.

I think you have to choose based on what's important.

Where do you want to practice? Where are you going to make connections for the future? Do you want to be near family? What's the tuition? Where do you think you will be happy living? Is there housing near the school?

This was kind of my short list of questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been on committee for a month and haven't heard anything....does it usually take this long? :/
starting to lose hope

PNWU> BCOM 100% unless your from New Mexico and have very close ties to New Mexico/ southwest. PNWU is an established school and a stronger program. I really hope I get an II here :( congrats to you!!

Hello everyone, my LORs under the checklist tab still say pending. Is this normal or are they suppose to change at some point? They were all included via AACOMAS. Secondary submitted over a week ago. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, my LORs under the checklist tab still say pending. Is this normal or are they suppose to change at some point? They were all included via AACOMAS. Secondary submitted over a week ago. Thanks!

That's normal. This is the first year LoRs have gone thru AACOMAS so there's been delays at multiple schools.

I've been on committee for a month and haven't heard anything....does it usually take this long? :/
starting to lose hope

Yes, it seems to be taking about 6 weeks. They had another group of interviews yesterday so they've probably been busy with that.

Also, everyone already accepted has until December 14th to either accept or decline their seat, so I would guess that a lot of interview invites will be postponed until they see how many slots they have remaining after that.

II today! OOS, 502 mcat, 3.7cGPA. On committee since 10/29. Do we receive an email to sign up for an interview or do we need to call them?

II today! OOS, 502 mcat, 3.7cGPA. On committee since 10/29. Do we receive an email to sign up for an interview or do we need to call them?
They will send you an email with available dates. You will pick one and email them with your preference. Congrats!!

how soon can we hear back after the interview? I can't remember what they said about the turnaround time during the presentation....
They typically call a following Thursday if you get an offer.

Congrats! How did you know you were on committee?

WOW! Congrats, that's really fast! They told me that the wait is 4-6 weeks for review, but yours got around sooner. Fingers crossed now! Good luck :)

Withdrew from the waitlist today, as I've been accepted to COMP-NW. Hopefully it helps someone else on the waitlist!

im hoping to live in the university pArkway apartments right next to the school...but they have a no pet policy unfortunately.

The apartments near the school already have a ridiculous wait list (I just put my name on the wait list for a 2 bedroom and there were over 25 people on the list ahead of me), so if you're interested, you should definitely get on it.

The no pet policy kind of sucks :( I have 2 cats and I'm not sure what to do with them. I could dress them up as a tiny little human so no one knows that they're cats. I don't think anyone would fall for it, though.

Reactions: 2 users
What's up with Yakima and pets?! Most of the apartments I looked at have NO PET policy :bang:
Those who will attend, where do you guys plan to live? House, apartment?

I have always lived at least 10-20 min away from schools/work, so I plan to look in Selah. It's worth the short drive to have a nice, comfortable place where I can have dogs. (My 2 pups are only 7 lbs each, but still...)

On the checklist tab in the portal, is the "status" of your LOR's suppose to stay as "pending." I submitted my secondary two weeks ago and nothings changed. Also, how do you know when you're on committee? Thanks

On the checklist tab in the portal, is the "status" of your LOR's suppose to stay as "pending." I submitted my secondary two weeks ago and nothings changed. Also, how do you know when you're on committee? Thanks

Mine changed to "completed". You know when your on committee when it says committee under "Decision / Date" (it's on the application status page). If you're concerned about your LoRs you can always email the admissions office.

The apartments near the school already have a ridiculous wait list (I just put my name on the wait list for a 2 bedroom and there were over 25 people on the list ahead of me), so if you're interested, you should definitely get on it.

The no pet policy kind of sucks :( I have 2 cats and I'm not sure what to do with them. I could dress them up as a tiny little human so no one knows that they're cats. I don't think anyone would fall for it, though.
There is always a super long list--I'm sure you'll still get a spot before school though. Also, even with the no-pet policy, there are plenty of people living there who have pets :eek:

There is always a super long list--I'm sure you'll still get a spot before school though. Also, even with the no-pet policy, there are plenty of people living there who have pets :eek:

Last edited:
Just got pulled off the wait-list! Interviewed 10/3

Congrats! That was quick :) Are you going to matriculate?

Congrats! That was quick :) Are you going to matriculate?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am! Much better support system in the PNW for me and my girlfriend goes to school in Pullman.

Yea, they said they were building 24 new apartments, plus they will have people that don't renew their leases at the end of the year.

I am on the waitlist too. Congrats on your acceptance! Did you do anything in specific to get pulled off the waitlist?
Yup, I called admissions and asked what I could do to heighten my chances of an acceptance. They told me that they are receptive to updates and letters of intent. So I wrote a LOI and added a couple more letters of rec to my app.

Reactions: 3 users
My online application status just turned to interview today!! But I'm not sure if I should be excited because it's so late in the cycle (like will I be interviewing for a spot on the WL?). I haven't received an email yet. Anyone know how long it takes to get the email after your app status is updated?

My online application status just turned to interview today!! But I'm not sure if I should be excited because it's so late in the cycle (like will I be interviewing for a spot on the WL?). I haven't received an email yet. Anyone know how long it takes to get the email after your app status is updated?

Like one day.

Submitted 11/19
How long until my app gets processed and I get emailed with my username and PW so I can check on the portal?

Accepted! Just got the phone call. Interviewed Friday 11/20.

Accepted! Just got the phone call. Interviewed Friday 11/20.

Congratulations!!! Do you mind checking your portal status to see if it reads "Offer / 11/24/2015"? Mine has changed to this and I'm trying to not get too excited at this point as I haven't received a phone call

If it says offer, then you are accepted :)