Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know how you feel. Also, if you have just recently taken the mcat, I would call in to ask for them to update your application. I had my scores into AACOMAS 7/21 and I called yesterday to make sure everything was good to go and they hadn't updated it yet. They wait for the phone call to do it. :/ so, as of yesterday my secondary is complete. I wish I would have known that sooner.

Sorry to hear that. I appreciate you letting me know! My scores coming out in a week, and I would have never known to call them! I owe you friend.

Members don't see this ad.

Complete on 7/31. Have not received and II yet
29 MCAT
3.79cGPA

Last edited:
Complete on 7/31. Have not received and II yet :( Hopes are high though..
29 MCAT (retake; raised exam from 25 MCAT)
3.79cGPA
3.67sGPA
Chemistry Degree
They have not even started sending II. You are having high hopes for every single school you are applying, that's good :)
Are you from the region?

Members don't see this ad :)
They have not even started sending II. You are having high hopes for every single school you are applying, that's good :)
Are you from the region?

I copy pasted that for all the schools I applied to haha. I'm a long time lurker to SDN, but never a poster. As an applicant reading through each school's blog, I always appreciate when other people post their stats, when they submitted their secondary apps, when they receive II, and if they are accepted/waitlisted/rejected.

Unfortunately not from the area. But, extensive exposure to diversity, desire for primary care. Would love the change of scenery in Washington

Last edited:
Complete, no decision yet.
Patiently waiting :)

It looks like II's were not extended until August 26th last year, so it might be another week or two

Reactions: 2 users
I received an email on Tues. saying that I would receive another email with my login info. I havent received anything yet i also checked spam. How long did it take for anyone else to get their login info?

I received an email on Tues. saying that I would receive another email with my login info. I havent received anything yet i also checked spam. How long did it take for anyone else to get their login info?
I got it right after the first email.

Yes, Hope is very prompt in responding.

Secondary received 8/17, submitted today. Hoping for some OOS love...

Anyone have an idea on the turnaround time for them to receive my LORs from AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received 8/17, submitted today. Hoping for some OOS love...

Anyone have an idea on the turnaround time for them to receive my LORs from AACOMAS?

Just got an email response:
"Due to it being the end of our fiscal year, we are unable to pull in new applications for a couple of days until the finance dept has closed out the last cycle. "

So anyone who has submitted in the last two weeks, they're going to start reviewing them next week!

I am really hoping for an II here. This place has the patients and people I want to live with.

Hi, this might be a dumb question. but how do i attach my essay? i don't see a tab to upload my essay.

I don't think they would send II on the weekends :) But I certainly look forward to them. They start interviewing in October, so they might not send any II until end of august.

Just got a secondary invite without an MCAT score. Called admissions and they said that they screen for secondaries, so if you recived one, they want u.

The admissions is so nice! Working on secondary now

Reactions: 1 users
Hoping that tomorrow is the day when we start to hear back about ii's. Last year, the first ii was sent out the equivalent of last Friday.

I was about to write that, I have a feeling we will hear something really soon.:banana:

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email today after submitting my secondary yesterday that says:

"Thank you for applying to Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences, Osteopathic Medicine program. Your admission application is NOT complete. We are unable to move forward in processing your file due to some required items which we have not received. In most cases Letters of Recommendation are missing; we monitor Interfolio, VirtualEval, AACOMAS and mail. Log into Self-Service and click on the “Checklist” hyperlink to review missing items."

I can't figure out how to log in. I don't see any info given to me in past emails and I don't remember making an account. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Admissions emailed me login info.

Last edited:
For the activities portion of the secondary, did you all list everything that was on your AACOMAS application or just anything that was new? I don't know if they want me to re-hash the primary application info or not. That seems like it would be extremely redundant.

Looks like my app has moved to Committee as of today!

The date finally changed on mine to 8/31/15...and it says Pending...

dun Dun DUN!

The date finally changed on mine to 8/31/15...and it says Pending...

dun Dun DUN!

Looking at last year's thread it seems for some people it went straight from no decision to committee, and others to pending first then committee. And for some committee to interview in a couple days, for others almost 2 weeks. So who knows what/when to expect lol

Aight weird question y'all I'm working on this essay and I feel like I need to use/cite source material? Did anybody else do this kind of thing to define rural/underserved since there are certainly different definitions based on particular population counts and other factors? Is the anthropology degree rearing its ugly head and simply making me make this harder for myself than it is? Bueller?

I did, I had two sources. I work in research so it was just a natural instinct. :)

Great!! Thanks @csivet21 it makes me feel better haha. I'm like... is... is this a paper for a med anthro class orrrrr haha

I basically just said "according to (insert agency/institution)" when I used a couple of statistics. Otherwise I just described underserved/rural in my own words. In general one could argue that aspects of underserved/rural care are common knowledge and do not need sources. I also assumed that this is more of an "in your own words" rather than a presentation of research findings.

But really it could be done in any way as long as you made it personal

@schlitter22 agreed 100%, I think I only will have one or two sources total just to frame things in the context of USA rural/underserved and then focus the rest on the personal aspect, thanks for the feedback!

Mine also says pending, not sure if good or bad.

"Committee" status for 8/31/15
Marked complete 8/3/15

Im hoping for some upcoming good news. Complete: 8/3 but its still "No decision" on 8/31

Last edited:
Im hoping for some upcoming good news. Complete: 8/3 but its still "No decision" on 8/3

I was marked complete 7/22 and still I like turtles Decision as of the same date.

Reactions: 2 users
I was marked complete 7/22 and still I like turtles Decision as of the same date.

Dang it. My husband changed a bunch of stuff to autocorrect to weird stuff like that on my phone. I'm scared to know what other words were changed.

Reactions: 6 users
Got an interview invite, but only for late March or April. Did anyone else get late dates? Nvm, email states the interview is for March of 2015 :confused:. Must be an error on their part.

II!! Ahhh

Got an interview invite, but only for late March or April. Did anyone else get late dates? Nvm, email states the interview is for March of 2015 :confused:. Must be an error on their part.

It was an error, they sent a corrected email

II! October 2nd
:highfive:

Last edited:
Scheduled for October 2. Did anyone get a confirmation email?

changed to committee, hopefully some good news will follow!
Congratulations everyone who got II, it's a great school in a beautiful state.

changed to committee, hopefully some good news will follow!
Congratulations everyone who got II, it's a great school in a beautiful state.
Ugh, mine was complete 8/5 and still hasn't changed...