Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it took about 2 weeks last year for me to get it.
Know that the next few weeks are a little crazy with school starting back up again.

Also, last year, they didn't start reviewing applications until September and the first interviews were the first weekend in October.
oh ok. it's just weird that we don't get an automated confirmation email that they received our secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

oh ok. it's just weird that we don't get an automated confirmation email that they received our secondary.

I had to call and ask them if they received my secondary. It took them a while to process everything. They are in the process of moving offices this week, so it's a little hectic in registration.

Reactions: 1 user
I had to call and ask them if they received my secondary. It took them a while to process everything. They are in the process of moving offices this week, so it's a little hectic in registration.
oh ok. so it's safe to assume that mine has been sent

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take you guys to get your secondary? All my transcripts were verified July 8th.

I was verified 6/1 and I got my secondary on 7/5

I don't have any experiences working with rural or underserved communities. I didn't really have access to any where i live. How should I answer the secondary essay question that asks specifically about these kinds of experiences?

I'm concerned because the essay question tells you to "describe specific experiences" that I've had with these types of demographics, except i don't have them.

So how should I proceed?

Hey guys, I am OOS and still have not received my secondary. Have any OOSers gotten a supplemental app yet? Should I call them?

Hey guys, I am OOS and still have not received my secondary. Have any OOSers gotten a supplemental app yet? Should I call them?

I'm in the same boat. I have been complete over two weeks.

I'm in the same boat. I have been complete over two weeks.
They don't send out secondaries to everyone who applies. They have to go through apps to makes sure you meet requirements. It takes them longer to send out secondaries. They are also in the process of finishing filling final seats for this fall's class so they are busy.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey all!

Has any one else had their decision status go from "committee" to "pending"? This just happened to me yesterday and I have no idea what that means?

Should I call and ask or just ride it out for a few days?

Mine is at pending as well, not sure if I ever saw it at committee. And ride it out. If you're calling over stuff like that, you will never make it through the cycle alive (as a reapp, I know the stress of the cycle). There are month and months to go, and you may sit under consideration the entire time at places. I wasn't getting rejections until feb-march last cycle

Mine is at pending as well, not sure if I ever saw it at committee. And ride it out. If you're calling over stuff like that, you will never make it through the cycle alive (as a reapp, I know the stress of the cycle). There are month and months to go, and you may sit under consideration the entire time at places. I wasn't getting rejections until feb-march last cycle

Thanks for the advice. I'll just hang back and continued to wait an pray for some good news!

OOS just received the secondary this morning! verified 5/25.

thought for sure I was screened out so if anyone's still waiting, don't lose hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have any experiences working with rural or underserved communities. I didn't really have access to any where i live. How should I answer the secondary essay question that asks specifically about these kinds of experiences?

I'm concerned because the essay question tells you to "describe specific experiences" that I've had with these types of demographics, except i don't have them.

So how should I proceed?
While not everyone has access to rural communities, you probably do have experience working with underserved populations. Try to think back on the shadowing and volunteering experiences that you have done. Think about what underserved really means and jot down some ideas. Then see if any of these ideas align with your experiences. Also I should mention that if you can't think of any obvious experiences you have had that match the mission of this school, it may not be the best fit for you and your career goals. And that is OK. It's just good to recognize that early on. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey guys! How long after you submitted your application did you receive the username and password for self service?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys! How long after you submitted your application did you receive the username and password for self service?

I submitted 7/30 and received the portal information today (8/1), so I guess about two days? not sure if it matters that it was a weekend though!

I submitted 7/30 and received the portal information today (8/1), so I guess about two days? not sure if it matters that it was a weekend though!

Thanks for your response! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an immediate email or something. I was worried that I messed something up but I'm all good now lol

Hmm I'm reapplying here after interviewing last cycle and haven't gotten a secondary

This worries me :(
Same here. I was waitlisted this last cycle. But I haven't received a secondary yet either...

I haven't gotten squat. still waiting lol......
Although someone made the point that they're really busy right now (classes start next week) so sending out secondaries might be lower on their priority list. I emailed Hope asking if my AACOMAS app had been received but I haven't heard back from her yet. I think I may call some time this week.

I'm applying to both PNWU and the Heritage MAMS program this year, I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the acceptance rate from the MAMS program to PNWU is? I'm not from the area but would really like to end up there so if it takes the extra year to establish residency in the area then I'm willing to do that.

I'm applying to both PNWU and the Heritage MAMS program this year, I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the acceptance rate from the MAMS program to PNWU is? I'm not from the area but would really like to end up there so if it takes the extra year to establish residency in the area then I'm willing to do that.

Residency in the area is important to a degree. They just really want to make sure that people have ties to the area and that they will stay in the area after residency.

Also, orientation starts tomorrow and the admin office just relocated his past week, so just give them a few days. They hand review every application before sending out secondaries.

Residency in the area is important to a degree. They just really want to make sure that people have ties to the area and that they will stay in the area after residency.

Also, orientation starts tomorrow and the admin office just relocated his past week, so just give them a few days. They hand review every application before sending out secondaries.
Thanks

Unfortunately, I have no familial or scholarly ties to the area, I just really like the area. Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, I have no familial or scholarly ties to the area, I just really like the area. Thanks for the info!
I wouldn't let that info hinder you from applying. When I interviewed with them this last round I spoke to a guy from Texas and a girl from Florida, both who were also interviewing.

First time applicant here, verified on June 20th, with a secondary received June 30th, and completed on August 5th (hope it wasn't too late). Like most of you guys, I have no confirmation that they actually got my secondary. Let the waiting games begin, I guess.

You should eventually get one with a username and password to check your status and such. @MrMammal

When filling out your secondary application, on activities what did you guys include for participate? I guess I'm wondering if I should include my research hours under STEM?

When filling out your secondary application, on activities what did you guys include for participate? I guess I'm wondering if I should include my research hours under STEM?

Pardon my ignorance, I didn't quite know what STEM meant at the time. When I filled out my secondary application, I e-mailed them to ask what sort of info they accepted, because withs he exception of my shadowing, all my clinical experience has been paid. They said that was fine, they wanted all activities, whether paid or volunteer. So I added both my shadowing, and work history as an interpreter, as well as when I worked as a CNA.

As for my research experience, I believe it was under healthcare experience - research, so I added it there. It was technically atmospheric chemistry, with a look at air pollutants, but that was aimed at eventually comparing levels to respiratory illnesses, so I thought it fit. It was after all presented in a biomedical conference. Good luck :)

You should eventually get one with a username and password to check your status and such. @MrMammal

Good to know. I thought I read about that way back in this chain, but since it's been almost a week...

For those of you who are reapplying this year. Did you receive a new portal after submitting your secondary or was it the same username/password from last year?

For those of you who are reapplying this year. Did you receive a new portal after submitting your secondary or was it the same username/password from last year?

New

OOS from California - received secondary invitation 7/30 and submitted it two days ago. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my Studio 6.0 LTE using SDN mobile

Just got my portal access...."no decission" though. :(

Anyone having any issue logging into the portal access?

For everyone who has submitted their secondary- I just looked through last years forum. They didn't start sending out interview offers until the beginning of September, first interview round was October. It's still yearly in the game so don't start losing sleep just yet.

For everyone who has submitted their secondary- I just looked through last years forum. They didn't start sending out interview offers until the beginning of September, first interview round was October. It's still yearly in the game so don't start losing sleep just yet.

And just to go off that. If you look at their website and go to the admissions timeline you will see that they don't start sending IIs until September.

How long did it take you guys to get secondaries? I submitted last year with worse stats and received a secondary so I'm assuming I'll be getting one soon but I'm just getting anxious to get started on it haha.

How long did it take you guys to get secondaries? I submitted last year with worse stats and received a secondary so I'm assuming I'll be getting one soon but I'm just getting anxious to get started on it haha.
Sometimes it takes them a while, because they actually go through and review each AACOMAS application before deciding if they're going to offer a supplemental app. You can always call admissions to confirm they received your AACOMAS app.

II. Requested interview date November 4th. Good luck to yall and see some of you there.

II here as well. 30 MCAT non-trad 3.4, 3.6s and pretty strong EC's and letters!

does anyone know the average gpa and mcat for this school ?