Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing here either - patiently waiting (ha!) and trying to study for a calc 2 exam tomorrow that I'm not ready for. Not a good combo!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
someone earlier in the forum said that we will be hearing on friday... that they were going to meet as a committee today?

Yeah I saw that as well. I'm not sure, that could be correct but I believe there is another interview group on friday which would make calling all the people from the 10/7 session quite a lot of work on top of interviewing everyone else. Perhaps tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I saw that as well. I'm not sure, that could be correct but I believe there is another interview group on friday which would make calling all the people from the 10/7 session quite a lot of work on top of interviewing everyone else. Perhaps tomorrow?
looking at last year's thread, it seems like people were called on thursday. hopefully we hear good news!

Reactions: 2 users
II today, Lizzy M 68ish. Secondary submitted about 3 weeks ago. Very excited!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
AHHHHHHH JUST GOT THE CALL - ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!! TOTALLY GOING HERE!

Reactions: 6 users
CONGRATS!!! Did your portal reflect anything new or did you just get a phone call?

thanks! literally just got the phone call like 5 minutes ago haha. haven't checked the portal yet

Congrats. Don't know you if have already, but if you don't mind would you share your stats? If not that's ok too!

Just got the call too! Accepted! Portal hasn't changed. 30 mcat and gpa of

Reactions: 2 users
CONGRATS!!! Did your portal reflect anything new or did you just get a phone call?
my portal now reflects it - says offer!
Congrats. Don't know you if have already, but if you don't mind would you share your stats? If not that's ok too!
it's in my signature box, but my AACOMAS GPAs are 3.72c and 3.63s, 501 MCAT
raised in WA, went to UW, shadowed a PNWU doc, volunteered at a free clinic - pretty sure those are what helped me get accepted. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! ACCEPTED! So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Also accepted! Withdrawing all other applications, see you all next summer!!

Reactions: 7 users
Application finally went to committee yesterday after being in "no decision" for almost a month, anyone know how long it stays in committee?

Application finally went to committee yesterday after being in "no decision" for almost a month, anyone know how long it stays in committee?
When were you "complete?" My receipt date was 9/30, and I have been "no decision" ever since. Naturally I'm a litttttttle worried that I'm still the same status. But I was "complete" as of 10/12 (I'm assuming it took them forever to verify my LOE and what not).

When were you "complete?" My receipt date was 9/30, and I have been "no decision" ever since. Naturally I'm a litttttttle worried that I'm still the same status. But I was "complete" as of 10/12 (I'm assuming it took them forever to verify my LOE and what not).
Just checked my email, I submitted 9/20, was marked "complete" 10/10. Answered my own question, the email says they'll take 4-6 weeks to review!

Just checked my email, I submitted 9/20, was marked "complete" 10/10. Answered my own question, the email says they'll take 4-6 weeks to review!
Seems like we are about in the same boat! So they emailed you saying that you are now getting reviewed by the committee?

Congrats all to all accepted! do you mind me asking what date yall interviewed?

Congrats all to all accepted! do you mind me asking what date yall interviewed?

I interviewed 10/7

Someone earlier asked for stats my GPA was 3.5 and my MCAT was 502 (however, I have a very extensive medical background that made up for my poor score and grades)

Yes, they will be sending a letter in the mail.

I also interviewed 10/7. I think everyone that's been accepted interviewed then, unless I'm mistaken. As far as I'm aware they haven't reviewed the applicants from 10/14 yet. But I'm not positive.

Reactions: 1 users
sweet thanks for reply, I interviewed 10/14, they said it wouldnt be until next week for us to know.

Could you guys post some stats if you feel comfortable? @NExNW @Charri22 @abadab @D1991 Would be helpful as an applicant next year? :)

Along with what another individual mentioned; my story is quite unique and non-traditional. But I was accepted with a 3.6 gpa, 27 MCAT. Native PNWesterner.

Seems like we are about in the same boat! So they emailed you saying that you are now getting reviewed by the committee?
No, I was just doing my normal obsessive portal-checking and noticed it changed from "no decision" to "committee" haha

No, I was just doing my normal obsessive portal-checking and noticed it changed from "no decision" to "committee" haha
My email that I received when I submitted my application says "It will take approximately 3-4 weeks for your application to be reviewed by the Admission Committee", not 4-6 weeks. :thinking: Also, I'm still "no decision"...

Also a 10-7 interview. Non-trad, already posted my stats. Congrats everyone that got a call today!

For those that have ALREADY been ACCEPTED and know this is where they are going for sure we just started a Facebook page "PNWU class of 2021"
I don't want to leave anyone out but please don't request until after you've been accepted and you're positive so we can keep a bit of order to the page and start communicating about the upcoming year!
We look forward to hearing from you guys and those that haven't been accepted yet we look forward to when you do!!!
Good luck everyone I hope we all make it into a place that will make us happy!

there were two groups that interviewed, am and pm, both seemed to have about 30 people. don't know how many people were accepted.

Was it really 30? Didn't we have 3 groups of 4 for the activities then two of those (so 24?)

Congrats to everyone accepted. Current MS1, so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

I have an interview here on November 4th and I was wondering if I could just clarify what I've heard about the interview with one of the recent interviewees. Does the interview day consist of a group activity and 4 MMI stations?

For those that have ALREADY been ACCEPTED and know this is where they are going for sure we just started a Facebook page "PNWU class of 2021"
I don't want to leave anyone out but please don't request until after you've been accepted and you're positive so we can keep a bit of order to the page and start communicating about the upcoming year!
We look forward to hearing from you guys and those that haven't been accepted yet we look forward to when you do!!!
Good luck everyone I hope we all make it into a place that will make us happy!
Make sure you coordinate the FB page with Student Affairs at PNWU, typically they are the ones who set it up.

Congrats to all accepted, it's truly an awesome school!

Hi everyone! I'm super new to SDN but a current applicant for this cycle and looking for some input! PNWU is really high on my list of schools but I'm not from their 5 state region, could anyone who has been accepted for the class of 2021 speak to this? How many of you are from those states? I'm really interested in rural medicine (I grew up in a small town in NE) so I'm hoping that helps my chances but I'm not sure. I saw that 85% of the class of 2020 is from the 5 states so that number is very scary to me!

Hi everyone! I'm super new to SDN but a current applicant for this cycle and looking for some input! PNWU is really high on my list of schools but I'm not from their 5 state region, could anyone who has been accepted for the class of 2021 speak to this? How many of you are from those states? I'm really interested in rural medicine (I grew up in a small town in NE) so I'm hoping that helps my chances but I'm not sure. I saw that 85% of the class of 2020 is from the 5 states so that number is very scary to me!
From my unprofessional experience, they strongly prefer people from the PNW and particularly, Washington. I was admitted and I am a WA Native.

When I interviewed however, I stayed with a student host who was not from the PNW and she knew a few other MS1's who were out of staters (Californian's and other states). So that's positive news!

But yes, I would use their data from the previous years as a guide. But PNWU is awesome, good luck with your decision making!

From my unprofessional experience, they strongly prefer people from the PNW and particularly, Washington. I was admitted and I am a WA Native.

When I interviewed however, I stayed with a student host who was not from the PNW and she knew a few other MS1's who were out of staters (Californian's and other states). So that's positive news!

But yes, I would use their data from the previous years as a guide. But PNWU is awesome, good luck with your decision making!

Thank you so much!!

I know you can get in if you're from out of state so don't lose hope. I got in this year, but I am also a WA native.

I have an interview here on November 4th and I was wondering if I could just clarify what I've heard about the interview with one of the recent interviewees. Does the interview day consist of a group activity and 4 MMI stations?

You get split up into groups and there are different stations where they basically see how your people skills are. It's all easy if you just be yourself! And the MMIs go by quick.
Don't forget to bring some sort of notepad and pen to take notes or questions when you have them. Good luck!

My "Decision" status on the Self Service portal turned to "Interview" today. I haven't received an email from them about it yet but I'm super stoked. For those who have been accepted, any tips to nail the interview or anything particular to be prepared for? I'm a non-trad applicant and from the area (rural, underserved town in Eastern Washington).

Any help? Thanks!

My "Decision" status on the Self Service portal turned to "Interview" today. I haven't received an email from them about it yet but I'm super stoked. For those who have been accepted, any tips to nail the interview or anything particular to be prepared for? I'm a non-trad applicant and from the area (rural, underserved town in Eastern Washington).

Any help? Thanks!

When were you complete? My status is still at "Committee" since 9/23. Should I call them?

Finally went to committee today! As said in the email I received, it takes 3-4 weeks for them to review my application. Does that commence from the date I received the email, or today, since it went to committee finally?