Pacific University Oregon Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am from kansas with transfer credits from kansas and louisiana I was wondering if pacific was good at accepting out of state students like me!! Kansas....I am going to be esubmitting around mid august....if i submit then will that be good timing or is it late for their rolling admissions?

Why not e-submit before August?

Members don't see this ad.

You are confused - this will be the first year Pac U is going with tiers... UOP has had tiers for several years.
Hi Aboveliquidice,

Thank you for verifying the info., so if I am tier 2, do I have a chance to get in this fall? thanks

Hi Aboveliquidice,

Thank you for verifying the info., so if I am tier 2, do I have a chance to get in this fall? thanks

Admissions has changed since going to PharmCAS. It is difficult to tell. I can say that admissions has become increasingly more competitive.

As for our program - It is challenging, but doable. From our Naplex average of 95%, you can see that we are learning / retaining the right info.

Something else to think about. Out of the 86 graduates this year, 26 matched for residency. Considering the number of applicants that went unmatched this year, this is quite an accomplishment for our school.

The strength of Pacific is its faculty - From Med chem / biochem to ID, pain and Informatics, we have some of the best professors out there.

Good luck and study hard - Once class begins in the fall, it doesn't stop for nearly 3 years.

Looking back - I wouldn't change a thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because my classes they look at I am finishing one this summer and the others this fall and spring so they recommended I wait till I have microbiology finished at least.

Why not e-submit before August?

Because my classes they look at I am finishing one this summer and the others this fall and spring so they recommended I wait till I have microbiology finished at least.

Admissions has changed since going to PharmCAS. It is difficult to tell. I can say that admissions has become increasingly more competitive.

As for our program - It is challenging, but doable. From our Naplex average of 95%, you can see that we are learning / retaining the right info.

Something else to think about. Out of the 86 graduates this year, 26 matched for residency. Considering the number of applicants that went unmatched this year, this is quite an accomplishment for our school.

The strength of Pacific is its faculty - From Med chem / biochem to ID, pain and Informatics, we have some of the best professors out there.

Good luck and study hard - Once class begins in the fall, it doesn't stop for nearly 3 years.

Looking back - I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I definitely love to attend Pacific University, but it seems I don't have any chance this fall. I would try again for fall 2011. I just wanted to know your insight perspective about waitlist tier 2 as my position. Good luck for your residency and have fun. If you know anything about waitlist please let's me know.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I definitely love to attend Pacific University, but it seems I don't have any chance this fall. I would try again for fall 2011. I just wanted to know your insight perspective about waitlist tier 2 as my position. Good luck for your residency and have fun. If you know anything about waitlist please let's me know.

I'm unable to speculate, as I have not been a member of Pacific's ADCOM this year. Have you interviewed elsewhere? If you currently have no acceptances, I would plan on continuing my education for next year... This means pursuing your BS or continuing on to an MS.

If you are done with school for now and have no interest in improving your academics, you should get a tech job and continue to work / volunteer.

Don't rest.

I just got accepted into Pacific... and I'm really tempted to accept this offer... I'm choosing between hawaii or pacific. I really like the faculty, curriculum and block system. However the only thing holding me back is the 90% bar. I'm worried about all the stress along with it, and the possibility of failing... :( I'm more than willing to give my all in studying, etc, but I'm worried about test anxiety. Can current students give me some insight or advice? is everything on exams included in lecture, or do you have to do extra reading and research? Are the test questions mostly critical thinking, or memorization? what is the % of students who go to remediation, and the % of students who drop out or get kicked out of the program? anything would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone been accepted from Tier 3 of the waitlist?

I am considering applying to Pacific University, but I was wondering about the extracurricular activities and ways to get involved on campus. Could someone who currently attends the school give me an insight to this?

Thanks!!

I just got accepted into Pacific... and I'm really tempted to accept this offer... I'm choosing between hawaii or pacific. I really like the faculty, curriculum and block system. However the only thing holding me back is the 90% bar. I'm worried about all the stress along with it, and the possibility of failing... :( I'm more than willing to give my all in studying, etc, but I'm worried about test anxiety. Can current students give me some insight or advice? is everything on exams included in lecture, or do you have to do extra reading and research? Are the test questions mostly critical thinking, or memorization? what is the % of students who go to remediation, and the % of students who drop out or get kicked out of the program? anything would be greatly appreciated.

90% is the bar that is set... No less is accepted. However, the tests are fair and most often come from the reading or past knowledge. Test questions vary from one block to the next - they are typically straightforward knowledge tests in the first year, and critical thinking / essay format in the 2nd year. Test anxiety is part of the process, and you definitely will put yourself through the ringer for each exam - but I am not sure it doesn't happen elsewhere.

We found time to party on the weekends (especially if you pass your friday exams). It is difficult to quantify before you get here, but you will become a much better student. You will increase your ability to quickly learn and retain information. It doesn't happen over night, and it takes longer with some.

That being said - we lost 3 students to academic reasons and one to health. Which means 83 of the original 86 matriculated students graduated. 2 of those losses were asked to re-do an academic year, and one was dropped for failure to adapt (he failed 6 or the first 7 exams).

Just got accepted! Can't believe it...Kieran called me last night and let me know the good news! Kind of bummed that I missed orientation, but my excitement overrides that :) Can't wait to meet all of my classmates. :D

Just got accepted! Can't believe it...Kieran called me last night and let me know the good news! Kind of bummed that I missed orientation, but my excitement overrides that :) Can't wait to meet all of my classmates. :D

wow... last minute acceptance! AWESOME! congratulation

WHOOAAA thats a long wait!!!! Kudos to you for not giving up hope! What a dreadful year this must have been for you waiting so long!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this college accept many CC students? I tried seaching it and couldnt find a answer. Thanks!

If I want to get into the Pharmacy program for fall 2013, when should I start to apply?

Current p3 here. The school's program is very unique and I am on my 3rd rotation right now. I feel very prepared for my rotations despite the non-traditional layout. In fact, a lot of times when I discuss how a drug works or answering a patient's question, I can flashback to the lecture or the clinical skills day where I studied that topic. It's a very interactive/hands on program.

It's also nice to have it all done quick and never look back again. I find myself reviewing my book and notes during my downtime at rotation and I felt like I retained a lot. I can't believe how much I learned in such a short time.

And if you really want to get in, get some pharmacy experience first. I'm not talking about the min 40 hrs or whatever it is (which is fine), but get a meaningful (good or bad) pharmacy job that exposes you to the profession.

If you search the archives, I described my first job at Walgreens and how horrible it was. In retrospect, that probably built my "toughness" in pharmacy and now I feel I can handle any "busy" pharmacy bc I been through the worse. Those are stories that will impress the adcom because it shows you know what you are getting yourself into.

Good luck everyone.

Funny I was an econ major too....just decided to do pharm