Pacific University Oregon Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
craaaaaap..

Members don't see this ad.

hahahah we're all hoping for lonnie's call... no e-mails. I'm justifying her not calling me right now because she is on her lunch break.. *shifty eyes*

Members don't see this ad :)
I know...this waiting is so hard! Were you at the 23rd interview, too?

I was at the 2nd to last interview and was put on committee hold :/

Just got an email of acceptance. I interviewed on the 27th of february, i guess they're not calling everyone.

Just out of curiosity, did those of you who were accepted send thank you notes/emails to your interviewers? I interviewed in Feb 27th and sent both emails and letters (fedexed tuesday) to my interviewers. Hope they don't think I'm trying too hard :).

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Just showed up for the interview and tried making an impression.

Congrats Yarden! So Lonnie IS still making calls. Good to know for those still waiting. Thanks for the input and advice.

Just out of curiosity, did those of you who were accepted send thank you notes/emails to your interviewers? I interviewed in Feb 27th and sent both emails and letters (fedexed tuesday) to my interviewers. Hope they don't think I'm trying too hard :).

no its not. putting myself in their shoes, it must feel great being treated like royalty and with high respect lol.
Getting that on a day to day basis can really do wonders for a person's ego.

Still no word :( getting really antsy. Anyone else hear back today? I hope she'll be contacting us before the end of the week.

Still no word :( getting really antsy. Anyone else hear back today? I hope she'll be contacting us before the end of the week.

I still haven't heard anything either :(

Hey guys...dont lose hope....

Lonnie called me around 7:30ish when wheel of fortune was on.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, don't give up hope. The wait is killer, but I'm almost certain that all acceptance offers will be given out by the end of the week, if not by the end of next week at the very latest. Lonnie wants everyone to know their status as soon as possible. I would think the waitlist would be finalized by the end of next week too.

I feel all your pain of waiting..just be patient..i'm sure it'll be worth it at the end.

Me too!!! I'm so excited..... got a call from Lonnie @ 2 MST.

@ davokim

I left my phone at home while I was at work so Lonnie left a vmail on my cell. Message got in at 300p. I also got an email too.

For those of you who got it a big CONGRATS!!! and for those who are still waiting, don't give up!!!:xf:

Okay- so maybe we can start a class thread here or facebbok...this way we all can get started preparing for fall (housing, books, notes etc)

Pluck

Thanks, J-Goody Good! lol. I know you and I have been in the same boat since our interview day, so I'll definitely be pulling for ya. Keep me posted. I'll hear back from OSU by the end of spring break, but the $1000 non-refundable deposit to Pacific is due by March 19th for me. It's unfortunate I will have to pay that before I hear back from OSU. They probably do it intentionally though to lock it in. It's gonna be a really tough decision if I get into both : / And if I choose OSU, I guess I'll be kissing that deposit goodbye, lol.

Has anyone from the 2/17 committee hold been accepted? My friend who was on hold from the January interview got a call yesterday as well. And has anyone received a rejection letter? Do they do those by snail mail or email?

I'm still on the 2/17 committee hold and haven't heard anything yet. I believe someone in the forum has been rejected through e-mail yesterday or the day before. This wait is killing me. I don't even know if there are any spots left :/

I interviewed on 2/27 and have still not heard anything back either. I feel your pain. Hang in there guys. ..Channel your psychokinetic energies..

I was at the 1/23 interview and placed on hold, and still nothing here as of yet.

Just a quick question---for those on hold, are you currently enrolled in any clases needed prior to matriculation? I'm currently taking Econ, but have all my other classes done. I'm just wondering if this makes a difference...I guess a similar question would be for those accepted, are you still enrolled in any prereqs? Thanx!!

hey guyz,
I interviewed on 2/13 and was placed on hold and haven't heard back yet either....I guess we just have to wait for the waitlist....

I was interviewed on the last day, 2/27 and got my phone call yesterday at 2:30pm (5:30pm in Oregon) that I was accepted! I still have prereqs to complete though (psychology, organic II, & a social science). I was just myself in the interview and made good conversation with the two interviewers. I did not send thank you letters either. Sending my deposit tomorrow!

IndyPrePharm

My friend who got a call yesterday has OChem2 and Bio2 and I think Psych1 pending. Since no one received any call today, I'm assuming they will send rejections and rank their alternates...

I'm officially nervous. I interviewed on Jan 23 but didn't receive a call from Lonnie. I hope I don't get rejected. I just got rejected from another three year school: UOP so it might become extremely unbearable if I get denied here.

Anyway, congratulations to all those who recieved a call. Your happiness was definitely somehoow tunneled thru me because I am so happy for your acceptance.

I am crossing my fingers that I get a call or at least get a high waitlist.

this was definitely a roller coaster expereince. Its 110 times worst than waiting for a final exam score and 1000 times more mentally draining and depression provoking than waiting to see if you got a B or an A in Biochemistry.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Some people don't even realize the effort we put into becoming professionals in this field. I was also at the January 23rd, and was invited in on Wednesday. But don't give up hope, because I almost did, and it worked out for the best. Even being on the waitlist is nothing to be upset about. It's an incredibly competitive field, that I underestimated. I have a feeling that majority of rejections have already been sent out. If you're still hanging in there, don't count yourself out quite yet.

I'm officially nervous. I interviewed on Jan 23 but didn't receive a call from Lonnie. I hope I don't get rejected. I just got rejected from another three year school: UOP so it might become extremely unbearable if I get denied here.

Anyway, congratulations to all those who recieved a call. Your happiness was definitely somehoow tunneled thru me because I am so happy for your acceptance.

I am crossing my fingers that I get a call or at least get a high waitlist.

this was definitely a roller coaster expereince. Its 110 times worst than waiting for a final exam score and 1000 times more mentally draining and depression provoking than waiting to see if you got a B or an A in Biochemistry.

I'm assuming the waitlist or rejection notices come by email? Can anyone verify this to be true or do they also use snail mail?

It sounds like everything is either phone call or e-mail.

Last edited:
So do people think it's best off to apply early? is their anyone who interviewed in the first two that hasn't heard either way? I am considering applying this year, but EARLY.

Thanks

So do people think it's best off to apply early? is their anyone who interviewed in the first two that hasn't heard either way? I am considering applying this year, but EARLY.

Thanks
It's always best to apply as early as possible. There is a larger number of open seats available to you and you get responses from your schools sooner. But if you're concerned about the whole issue of having to put down deposits for multiple schools...well there isn't much you can do about that.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to answer some of the questions that I have seen. This year I applied to UoP, Pacific, and OSU. I was accepted into UoP and Pacific, and am waiting to hear back from OSU. I was at the 2nd interview date for Pacific and was on hold until March 4, when I got the acceptance phone call. Last year I applied to only Pacific and was waitlisted. I did not make it into the class. They notified me via only email about being waitlisted, and gave me a specific number on the list and updated me throughout the summer. I have had a nice year off and am happy to be accepted this year. For those of you whose first time this is applying, do not lose hope! Take a year off and volunteer at a pharmacy or take some extra classes! Chances are, if you got an interview the first time around, that you will have a good chance of scoring a spot the second time you come through, especially if you work on buffing up your resume! Anyways, hope that clarifies some things for everyone!
:luck:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to answer some of the questions that I have seen. This year I applied to UoP, Pacific, and OSU. I was accepted into UoP and Pacific, and am waiting to hear back from OSU. I was at the 2nd interview date for Pacific and was on hold until March 4, when I got the acceptance phone call. Last year I applied to only Pacific and was waitlisted. I did not make it into the class. They notified me via only email about being waitlisted, and gave me a specific number on the list and updated me throughout the summer. I have had a nice year off and am happy to be accepted this year. For those of you whose first time this is applying, do not lose hope! Take a year off and volunteer at a pharmacy or take some extra classes! Chances are, if you got an interview the first time around, that you will have a good chance of scoring a spot the second time you come through, especially if you work on buffing up your resume! Anyways, hope that clarifies some things for everyone!

Where did you do your undergraduate work? I applied to both Pacific and OSU this year. Offered acceptance to Pacific, but still waiting on OSU as well. Should know in about 2 weeks. If you don't mind me asking, if OSU also offered you admittance, which school would you attend, and why?

i interviewed early on in the year but found out i was accepted last wednesday. don't give up hope guys! good luck to everyone.

Has anyone gotten waitlisted recently? I have a feeling acceptances aren't being given out anymore so it's all I have to hope for. :(

does anyone have information on when orientation begins?

does anyone have information on when orientation begins?

I believe on Pacific's website I found a calendar that said new student orientation was in late August, I think August 30th or something. But I'm not sure if that included the white coat ceremony and everything. Hopefully we get more information on that soon. You send in your deposit already?

Where did you do your undergraduate work? I applied to both Pacific and OSU this year. Offered acceptance to Pacific, but still waiting on OSU as well. Should know in about 2 weeks. If you don't mind me asking, if OSU also offered you admittance, which school would you attend, and why?

I did my undergraduate work at Linfield College. I am also still waiting to hear from OSU. If I am accepted into OSU I will choose to go there. OSU has a more established pharmacy program. I also would be interested in the full year at OHSU (along with having OHSU on my degree). I would also prefer living in Corvallis as opposed to Hillsboro, and the OSU campus is very nice. If I am not accepted into OSU, I feel that Pacific will still be a great school to attend. Getting out a year early would be a plus! Not sure how I feel about the block curriculum just yet but in theory, it sounds like it should prepare us very well for the career of pharmacy.

How do you know when you will be hearing from OSU by the way? I have not heard anything from them since my interview, so I am curious if anyone else has heard any updates from them.

I believe on Pacific's website I found a calendar that said new student orientation was in late August, I think August 30th or something. But I'm not sure if that included the white coat ceremony and everything. Hopefully we get more information on that soon. You send in your deposit already?

great, thanks. all i see is that the new student orientation begins aug 26th and classes, the 30th. i'm assuming that what i'm looking at is a general calendar that applies to both undegrad/grads. and i haven't yet sent in my deposit, though i should do that soon. yourself?

I did my undergraduate work at Linfield College. I am also still waiting to hear from OSU. If I am accepted into OSU I will choose to go there. OSU has a more established pharmacy program. I also would be interested in the full year at OHSU (along with having OHSU on my degree). I would also prefer living in Corvallis as opposed to Hillsboro, and the OSU campus is very nice. If I am not accepted into OSU, I feel that Pacific will still be a great school to attend. Getting out a year early would be a plus! Not sure how I feel about the block curriculum just yet but in theory, it sounds like it should prepare us very well for the career of pharmacy.

How do you know when you will be hearing from OSU by the way? I have not heard anything from them since my interview, so I am curious if anyone else has heard any updates from them.

Well, when I was at my interview, they told us we would know our status by the end of spring break. So for me, well.....I guess that is actually 3 weeks away or less. Some time during the week of the 22nd I was told. I guess I would choose OSU as well, but if not admitted, Pacific sounds great too. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

great, thanks. all i see is that the new student orientation begins aug 26th and classes, the 30th. i'm assuming that what i'm looking at is a general calendar that applies to both undegrad/grads. and i haven't yet sent in my deposit, though i should do that soon. yourself?

Yeah, we were probably seeing the same calender. I think in an e-mail, Lonnie said we would know more about that stuff by late spring. I should probably get my deposit in soon too. I asked Lonnie if I could possibly get an extension cuz I don't find out about OSU until after the 19th (I didn't tell them that). But it just sucks, cuz if I get into OSU, then I guess I am S.O.L. with that $1000 deposit : /

are any of you here feel apprehensive with the 90%? I heard that the tests are written such that students can pass easily with 90%.

i also heard that most of the lectures are based on ppt. can someone clarify on that .