Pacific University Oregon - Entering Fall 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone that interviewed on Saturday!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just wondering what do you guys think about the interview last Saturday? How was the atmosphere like? My interview date is Feb 21. I kinda bombed my interview at OSU last month so really hope I will get better this time :)

Just wondering what do you guys think about the interview last Saturday? How was the atmosphere like? My interview date is Feb 21. I kinda bombed my interview at OSU last month so really hope I will get better this time :)

Well I didn't interview at OSU, so I can't say how it is in comparison. However, I thought the whole process was very relaxed. You will be interviewed by two people (a faculty member and a pharmacist from the community) and possibly a current student. The whole interview isn't terribly long, there are no trick questions - they aren't trying to trip you up, just trying to get a feel for the type of person you are. Take a deep breath, I am sure you will be fine :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I didn't interview at OSU, so I can't say how it is in comparison. However, I thought the whole process was very relaxed. You will be interviewed by two people (a faculty member and a pharmacist from the community) and possibly a current student. The whole interview isn't terribly long, there are no trick questions - they aren't trying to trip you up, just trying to get a feel for the type of person you are. Take a deep breath, I am sure you will be fine :D
How long does Pacific take to respond after the interview? Are all three interviewers in the same room? How is the campus and the surrounding area? I believe the pharmacy school is in one big building right? Was there anything about the interview day that you did not expect?

I interviewed 1/31 and got the acceptance phone call this evening, so the turn around time seems fairly quick (always a nice thing).

I also interviewed on Sat (1/31) and received an acceptance call on Tues (2/3)!! They let you know at the interview that we will be contacted within 2 weeks.

As far as the for questions above, you are interviewed by a faculty member, a student and/or community pharmacist and they will interview you together in the same room for 20 minutes. The school is at one of the stops on the light rail near a hospital. The pharmacy is in one big building, I believe the floor above is for the physical therapy program. Pacific University was exactly what I expected reading their website and stuff people say on this board.

Best wishes for you guys with upcoming interviews!

How long does Pacific take to respond after the interview? Are all three interviewers in the same room? How is the campus and the surrounding area? I believe the pharmacy school is in one big building right? Was there anything about the interview day that you did not expect?

Hey Timothy,
Their response time is QUICK. I interviewed 1/31 and got a call yesterday...and even so they said two weeks tops for decisions. I had two interviewers, very relaxed conversational "interview". It's closed file so make sure to leave them with a good picture of who you truly are. The whole day was very organized, welcoming, and confirmed my decision further. If you have any specific questions feel free to message me.

As others have said, their response time is pretty quick. I also received a call on 2/3 saying I'd been accepted and interviewed 1/31, but would have known either way within 2 weeks. The only part of the pharmacy school that isn't in the same building is the research area. No, there wasn't anything about the interview day that I didn't expect. The emails that are sent ahead of time to prep you for the interview day cover pretty much everything. Good luck to you!!!

Interviewed 1/31, got the acceptance email this morning, 2/5! :soexcited:

Can't wait to meet everyone in August :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Everyone who has gotten accepted where are you guys planning on living? I'm from Arizona and I'm thinking of Hillsboro or Beaverton. Going to the interview was my first time ever being in Oregon so I definitely have a lot of research to do!

When we asked about this to the current students at the interview, they said that accepted students will be invited to join a private facebook page and there will be plenty of posts people looking for roommates, listings of apartments and 3rd yr students selling furniture.

When we asked about this to the current students at the interview, they said that accepted students will be invited to join a private facebook page and there will be plenty of posts people looking for roommates, listings of apartments and 3rd yr students selling furniture.

Has anyone heard of or seen the link for the Facebook page, I thought they said it had already been created??

Hey everyone! So happy to here so many of you have gotten accepted. I'm a current P1 at Pacific and an Ambassador so I've been at all the interviews so far and will continue on being there. Shoot me any questions you've got about the program and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
If you have been accepted, one of your fellow classmates has already created a Facebook page to get to know one another: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1532564307005397/
Hope to see you all in August!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! So happy to here so many of you have gotten accepted. I'm a current P1 at Pacific and an Ambassador so I've been at all the interviews so far and will continue on being there. Shoot me any questions you've got about the program and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
If you have been accepted, one of your fellow classmates has already created a Facebook page to get to know one another: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1532564307005397/
1) How do you like the program? I know you get an exam every two weeks, but you also have one big one at the end of the quarter right?

2) Besides the curriculum, are there many extracurricular activities that you can participate in, such as health fairs, career day, conferences, etc.?

3) What is student life like at Pacific? Does the PharmD program have a facebook page where I can check out the student life at Pacific and what type of community services Pacific is associated with? I can only seem to find the Forest Grove campus facebook page.

4) Are there many opportunities for pharmacy students at Pacific to work with with PA and nursing students?

5) There is a hospital nearby, right? Do you get to volunteer there or become involved?

6)What do you think is unique about Pacific that you chose the program in the end?

7) How supportive would you say your classmates and the faculty are at Pacific?

Has anyone who applied super late (like right before the deadline) get interviews yet?
I applied a day before the supplemental was due and I'm getting nervous since the last interview date is a month away!

1) How do you like the program? I know you get an exam every two weeks, but you also have one big one at the end of the quarter right?

2) Besides the curriculum, are there many extracurricular activities that you can participate in, such as health fairs, career day, conferences, etc.?

3) What is student life like at Pacific? Does the PharmD program have a facebook page where I can check out the student life at Pacific and what type of community services Pacific is associated with? I can only seem to find the Forest Grove campus facebook page.

4) Are there many opportunities for pharmacy students at Pacific to work with with PA and nursing students?

5) There is a hospital nearby, right? Do you get to volunteer there or become involved?

6)What do you think is unique about Pacific that you chose the program in the end?

7) How supportive would you say your classmates and the faculty are at Pacific?

Wowzers, ok. Haha

1. The program is what I signed up for. I don't think it's "harder" than undergrad but it's definitely more intense. There is an end of the year exam at the end of the year, not the end of the quarter. They talk a bit about it on interview day.
2. There are SO many extracurricular activities you can be a part of. We have endless amounts of clubs, 2 frats, and so many research opportunities.
3. Each person's day is different. We have class everyday from 8-3/4. You get the syllabus on the 1st day of class to be able to plan things out. We are such a diverse class, with people having a significant other, kids, pets, etc. so each person juggles different things after class. As for a feel for the program, I'm not sure about an official Facebook but the official site for PharmD portrays the program pretty well: http://www.pacificu.edu/future-grad...llege-health-professions/areas-study/pharmacy
4. We actually have a class that meets once/twice a month where we get to work with all the other programs at Pacific to see how we would all be working on a case together
5. There is a hospital right across the street. I'm not sure about how to go about getting involved there but they do have a cafeteria that is pretty popular among us students (especially with the discount that is given at a lot of the nearby place)
6. It was my first choice because I lived about 30 minutes away so it would be convenient but on top of that, hearing the positive feedback from Alumni, the 3 years acceleration, and being allowed to study for one exam at a time instead of juggling 5 other exams at the same time fits my learning style.
7. BEYOND supportive. I thought with it being a graduate program, I wouldn't be able to create a relationship with instructors but it's the complete opposite. They reach out and remember names and have created a very approachable/positive environment. As for classmates, you'd be surprised how close you get to the people you sit in a classroom with everyday for 7 hours. Especially since the majority of the students have moved here from other cities and states. It's a noncompetitive environment.

Probably going to give up my seat soon--I had accepted my seat way back in November (Unfortunately my deposit is leaving with me too). Good luck to ever who needs it!

I have researched some, but would like to hear more about Pacific U's pharmacy program and campus, as I've been extended an invitation to interview. Can anyone tell me some good/bad? I'd really appreciate some background information from the students.

Hi guys
I am new to this forum and I just got an invitation for interview on March 07. I was searching around for the list of interview questions that they usually ask. Where can I find those questions?
Thank you in advance.

Is anyone else concerned about the very high tuition price?

Hey everyone! Current P1 at Pacific University here! I am from Florida, so I came a long way from home, and am happy to answer any questions you may have. Interview questions, just refer to the above comments and SDN questions... those are very accurate of interview experience. Good luck to all and I hope to meet some of you in the fall!
Are you able to fund the tuition fully with loans?

Everyone who has gotten accepted where are you guys planning on living? I'm from Arizona and I'm thinking of Hillsboro or Beaverton. Going to the interview was my first time ever being in Oregon so I definitely have a lot of research to do!

I'll be moving from Southern California with my boyfriend! We're looking at staying anywhere between Beaverton and Hillsboro too!

When it comes to financial aid, did you have to seek any other assistance other than the package the school provided? Also, after tuition and whatnot is paid, about what amount is left over for living (I'm not trying to get too personal!) just trying to plan my finances accordingly since I'll be moving in a couple months! Thank you!

Has anyone who applied super late (like right before the deadline) get interviews yet?
I applied a day before the supplemental was due and I'm getting nervous since the last interview date is a month away!

Have you heard anything yet? I also applied right before the deadline, and had to wait for PharmCAS to finish verifying my transcripts. I haven't received an update of any kind yet, which makes me nervous.

Have you heard anything yet? I also applied right before the deadline, and had to wait for PharmCAS to finish verifying my transcripts. I haven't received an update of any kind yet, which makes me nervous.
I was invited for an interview just s few days ago for March. Hopefully you will get an invite soon. Best of luck to everyone!

No, I haven't received the interview invite yet :T It seems that the interview invites were sent out for the last interview slot and I'm getting pretty nervous too.
Other than the supp app confirmation email, I haven't received anything. I hope they're not done extending invites out yet! haha

For those accepted, I would highly recommend you to contact the financial aid office. I contacted her, let her know my situation and she told me what to do.

For those accepted, I would highly recommend you to contact the financial aid office. I contacted her, let her know my situation and she told me what to do.

Other than the fafsa? Can you explain a little? Mainly because I'm going to relying very heavily on financial aid to support myself throughout the program :(

$33K is for all P1 pharmacy students. After that, it all depends so again, I would highly recommend you contact the financial aid representative that knows all about it and will give you all the details. Hope it works out for you!

$33K is for all P1 pharmacy students. After that, it all depends so again, I would highly recommend you contact the financial aid representative that knows all about it and will give you all the details. Hope it works out for you!

Great! Thank you, I'll work on that later this week! I appreciate the help!

Anyone who hasn't heard back, you might consider contacting the admissions office. I got my interview invitation today, but only after emailing them to inquire about the status of my application. I wouldn't normally do that, but the last interview day is only 10 days away & I needed to plan. I think they understood. ;)

Anyone who hasn't heard back, you might consider contacting the admissions office. I got my interview invitation today, but only after emailing them to inquire about the status of my application. I wouldn't normally do that, but the last interview day is only 10 days away & I needed to plan. I think they understood. ;)
Awesome! So I guess I'll see you and the rest of of the candidates in March. Seeing as to how I'm traveling from the east coast... interviewing on the west coast is getting expensive...:dead:

Pacific University received everything on 2/25/15 and I haven't heard anything since...I don't think I'm going to hear back for the last interview on March 7th :(.

Hi guys, I interviewed on the 21st and was accepted two days later. I'm debating giving up my seat so there might be extra room :)

Pacific University received everything on 2/25/15 and I haven't heard anything since...I don't think I'm going to hear back for the last interview on March 7th :(.
Any news yet? I just got an interview date for march 27th! So I guess there is still room; maybe a lot of people giving up their seats? Good luck
Akinzo

Hello, thank you for making yourself available despite your schedule! I just got an invite to interview on the 27th! What are the chances of being accepted? Have you heard of such a late invite and what is the usual reason? Very appreciative though; really look forward to visiting school cause I am from Ca.

Their last interview is not March 7th, hang in there! There's still a good chance that you'll be invited!

Thanks for the tip! :) I'll be at the interview this Saturday too. Good luck everyone!

Any news yet? I just got an interview date for march 27th! So I guess there is still room; maybe a lot of people giving up their seats? Good luck
Akinzo

Yes! I got an email yesterday for an invitation to the March 27th interview!

Have any fellow March 7th interviewees heard anything yet? I haven't, and I'm getting nervous, since it's been almost two weeks.

Mar 7 interview
Mar 16 acceptance email
Mar 17 acceptance call

Deciding between USC and here.
I personally kinda wanna move out. I've been living in SoCal, LA area, for many years I feel like a change would be nice. But it's a hard decision to say no to USC either. So I'm kinda confused. My other concern is I'd want to move on to residency to meet my long term goal to be in Academia so I don't know how much I should be concerned on the institute I get my PharmD from. Is it more dependent on personal effort more than the big name school or something else?

Thanks everyone. Any insight will be most helpful. :)

So I went to my interview on March 27th, 2015 and just wanted to give future applicants a heads up on how it went (paying it forward).

1. Hour or so talk about the program and covered everything about it.
2. Casual lunch with students in the program (students were very informative and had honest opinions about the program)
3. 15 min essay question (stressful but not to bad)
4. Interviewed by professor and P1 student (closed interview: meaning they know nothing about you or have not seen your application, 30 mins, 10 students went to the interview date)
  • Why Pacific University?
  • Why did you pick pharmacy and not some other health profession?
  • If you saw someone cheating what would you do?
  • Name one pro and con about pharmacy?
  • What have you done to obtain more information about pharmacy?
  • Given that the program is intense and takes a lot of time management, how will you be able to handle it (or something along those lines)?
  • Any questions for them that you would like to ask.
Given that I had the interview this Friday and today is Monday, I haven't heard anything yet but I will let everyone know when I find out whether I will be accepted into the program or not.

Mar 7 interview
Mar 16 acceptance email
Mar 17 acceptance call

Congrats on getting accepted! Do you know if there is a deposit to hold an acceptee's place in the class? Also, do you know if it will be refundable?

Congrats on getting accepted! Do you know if there is a deposit to hold an acceptee's place in the class? Also, do you know if it will be refundable?

Non-refundable $1000