Pacific University Oregon - Entering Fall 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I went to my interview on March 27th, 2015 and just wanted to give future applicants a heads up on how it went (paying it forward).

1. Hour or so talk about the program and covered everything about it.
2. Casual lunch with students in the program (students were very informative and had honest opinions about the program)
3. 15 min essay question (stressful but not to bad)
4. Interviewed by professor and P1 student (closed interview: meaning they know nothing about you or have not seen your application, 30 mins, 10 students went to the interview date)
  • Why Pacific University?
  • Why did you pick pharmacy and not some other health profession?
  • If you saw someone cheating what would you do?
  • Name one pro and con about pharmacy?
  • What have you done to obtain more information about pharmacy?
  • Given that the program is intense and takes a lot of time management, how will you be able to handle it (or something along those lines)?
  • Any questions for them that you would like to ask.
Given that I had the interview this Friday and today is Monday, I haven't heard anything yet but I will let everyone know when I find out whether I will be accepted into the program or not.

Heard back 4/5 and was put on Tier 1 waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

I only worked part time in a pharmacy for a year. 2006-2007.
Do they need a lot of shadowing experience ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I only worked part time in a pharmacy for a year. 2006-2007.
Do they need a lot of shadowing experience ?

Shadowing isn't required for the program. Some students have experience working in a pharmacy prior to entering the class, though the majority do not.