Pacific University Oregon Fall 2014 Enrollment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got two acceptance emails!!!! Everyone look out for your email!
GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER TOO!!! WOO GO BOXERS!!!!
See you in Oregon!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So scared, interview on saturday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the motivation Boss. Hope to see you in Fall.

Just got my acceptance letter too! Anyone here from SoCal? Are you guys looking for apartments around the area??

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my acceptance letter too! Anyone here from SoCal? Are you guys looking for apartments around the area??
I'm originally from SoCal but go to school in AZ...yeah I've been looking for places nearby. Really wanted to get a studio but it looks like I'm going to rent a house with a few people

After the interview how long did it take to find out if you were accepted?

After the interview how long did it take to find out if you were accepted?
I had my interview last week Saturday, and I should be hearing back from them anytime next week. I hope to get admitted, I like the program.

Has anyone who applied around deadline heard anything from the school yet? All of my friend either got in or got the interview already but I haven't heard a thing. I am getting really anxious.

Has anyone who applied around deadline heard anything from the school yet? All of my friend either got in or got the interview already but I haven't heard a thing. I am getting really anxious.
I applied right at the deadline and got an interview on jan 18, the invite was jan 14. I was accepted almost two weeks after the interview! Good luck, sure you'll hear back soon'

I applied right at the deadline and got an interview on jan 18, the invite was jan 14. I was accepted almost two weeks after the interview! Good luck, sure you'll hear back soon'
Wow, congrats. It seems like they respond pretty quick. I hope I will hear something soon because according to their website, they only have Feb 15 and March 1 left. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm originally from SoCal but go to school in AZ...yeah I've been looking for places nearby. Really wanted to get a studio but it looks like I'm going to rent a house with a few people

Oh thats cool. Where in SoCal? As for apartments, are you looking around the Portland area or Hillsboro area? I just wanted to compare the prices ranges on those two.

Oh thats cool. Where in SoCal? As for apartments, are you looking around the Portland area or Hillsboro area? I just wanted to compare the prices ranges on those two.

Corona, it's in the Riverside county. And I'm looking at places in Hillsboro, I don't have a car right now and I probably won't get one until the end of next school year so I'm trying to find places close to the school. Check Jackson School apartments, they are nice, reasonable price and pretty close to campus

Hi, all! I've been accepted too! Got the great news today and nearly came to tears... lol. I'm from NorCal, SF bay area. Apparently a good amount of the students who apply and attend here are from California as well! :)

Question, what made you guys choose Pacific? Did you apply to pharmacy schools in California as well?

Oh gosh, just got my invite to come to interview on March 1. I was just freaking out yesterday of not hearing a thing now I'm freaking out of getting an interview. WHOO HOO!!!

Oh gosh, just got my invite to come to interview on March 1. I was just freaking out yesterday of not hearing a thing now I'm freaking out of getting an interview. WHOO HOO!!!

Good luck!!!

Pretty much all of them... lol. UCSF, UCSD, USC, UoP, Western, Touro, and Northstate. Competition is stiff here! -_- Did you apply to CA schools? If so, have you heard back from any of them?

Hi, all! I've been accepted too! Got the great news today and nearly came to tears... lol. I'm from NorCal, SF bay area. Apparently a good amount of the students who apply and attend here are from California as well! :)

Question, what made you guys choose Pacific? Did you apply to pharmacy schools in California as well?

I mostly applied to schools in CA and I got accepted to one a couple of months ago, but I like this program because of its values and the blocked system and also the fact that it is 3 years. And I fell in love with the state as soon as I stepped foot in it so that's also a plus. Are you choosing Pacific?

I mostly applied to schools in CA and I got accepted to one a couple of months ago, but I like this program because of its values and the blocked system and also the fact that it is 3 years. And I fell in love with the state as soon as I stepped foot in it so that's also a plus. Are you choosing Pacific?

COMPLETELY agree. I fell in love with Oregon too. I've always heard how beautiful it was there, but I didn't realize just how beautiful until interview day. Plus, everyone there seemed so happy and welcoming. Even bus and taxi drivers! Haha. Having no sales tax is huge too. ;)

I have a couple of interviews coming up in the next 2 weeks, so I'm still undecided. Although I definitely am leaning towards Pacific just because I kinda want to experience life outside of CA. Do you mind me asking which school in CA you got accepted to?

I have an interview on Feb 15th and I am so nervous! Any advice? Which hotels did you guys book at?

Congrats to those who got accepted!

I have an interview on Feb 15th and I am so nervous! Any advice? Which hotels did you guys book at?

Congrats to those who got accepted!

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the Orenco station. I definitely recommended it! It takes about 20 minutes to get from the hotel to the campus (including the walk to the MAX station and the train ride), and the stop is right in front of the building. Plus, they offer a free breakfast buffet every morning at 7am.

GOOD LUCK!!! :)

do you know the facebook page link to meet our new classmates?

I'm from Florida, so the only Cali school I applied to was Touro, but I chose Pacific for the 3 years as well! Not to mention Oregon is gorgeous! Can't wait to meet everybody! I'm declining my other 2 interviews today and I put the deposit down for Pacific! So excited!

Pretty much all of them... lol. UCSF, UCSD, USC, UoP, Western, Touro, and Northstate. Competition is stiff here! -_- Did you apply to CA schools? If so, have you heard back from any of them?
In CA, I only applied to UCSD, USC, Western, and UOP. I got the interview at Western in December and I am still on hold. I just got accepted to UOP and I have interviews for USC and UCSD coming. So I've heard from all of the CA schools I applied to. How about you?

Hi, do you mind sharing what CA school you got in?

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express near the Orenco station. I definitely recommended it! It takes about 20 minutes to get from the hotel to the campus (including the walk to the MAX station and the train ride), and the stop is right in front of the building. Plus, they offer a free breakfast buffet every morning at 7am.

GOOD LUCK!!! :)

Thanks for the reply, Katberg!

I was wondering how were the essay questions like if you don't mind me asking. Are they expecting essay or just a paragraph? Please let me know. Thanks.

Also, does anyone have their interview on Feb 15th? Maybe we can get lunch together. I rather eat with someone than eating by myself.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, Katberg!

I was wondering how were the essay questions like if you don't mind me asking. Are they expecting essay or just a paragraph? Please let me know. Thanks.

Also, does anyone have their interview on Feb 15th? Maybe we can get lunch together. I rather eat with someone than eating by myself.

It doesn't have to be a formal essay. As long as you answer the prompt and clearly convey your points to defend your stance, that should suffice. I think I wrote 2 paragraphs, but I had a quick glance at others', and they were writing full on essays. Impressive considering we're only given 20 minutes to write.

In CA, I only applied to UCSD, USC, Western, and UOP. I got the interview at Western in December and I am still on hold. I just got accepted to UOP and I have interviews for USC and UCSD coming. So I've heard from all of the CA schools I applied to. How about you?

That's awesome! What's your #1 choice? UoP was mine... but pretty sure that's not going to happen. T_T

Someone should start a Facebook group for the Class of 2017. Not it. :p

anyone here interviewing on the 15th? im coming from socal.... does the interview end exactly at 3? will i make it to the airport in 2 hrs? thanks

Just got my acceptance letter and am trying to get an apartment too. Are you still trying to find people to go in on one together?

hey guys, congrats for all students who are accepted and good luck for all people who are waiting for an answer. my interview date is march 1 any ideas from student who had interview already?

COMPLETELY agree. I fell in love with Oregon too. I've always heard how beautiful it was there, but I didn't realize just how beautiful until interview day. Plus, everyone there seemed so happy and welcoming. Even bus and taxi drivers! Haha. Having no sales tax is huge too. ;)

I have a couple of interviews coming up in the next 2 weeks, so I'm still undecided. Although I definitely am leaning towards Pacific just because I kinda want to experience life outside of CA. Do you mind me asking which school in CA you got accepted to?

Yeah I got accepted to Keck Graduate Institute in Claremont, CA.

Hi, do you mind sharing what CA school you got in?

KGI (Keck Graduate Institue)

Hey you guys who got accepted I am willing to start a class of 2017 group on facebook I just need someone to add me as a friend first and then I can start the group. So message me your info so I can get it started

yea I am. I'm trying to find maybe an apartment/small condo and share with 2-3 ppl maybe? Are you interested if we can find 1 or 2 more ppl? any preferences to the surrounding cities?

That's awesome! What's your #1 choice? UoP was mine... but pretty sure that's not going to happen. T_T
Yeah UOP is my #1 choice as well. I am still psyched about the news. Have you gotten interviewed at UOP yet? Don't lose hope. If you have any questions regarding UOP/interview, PM me, I am willing to help.

Though I got accepted to my #1 choice, I am still going to Pacific for interview. I have 2 friends after going to interview there they love the school so much. They both got accepted. One will not even go to USC interview (his #1 originally) because he now wants to go to Pacific. Crazy right? (or not!). They say amazing things about the schools and Oregon so I have to go see for myself.

yea I am. I'm trying to find maybe an apartment/small condo and share with 2-3 ppl maybe? Are you interested if we can find 1 or 2 more ppl? any preferences to the surrounding cities?
Yeah, I'd be interested. Anywhere near the max would be nice, and I'd rather be closer like in Hillsboro or Beaverton, but really it doesn't matter too much to me.

Hey guys! I was accepted last week as well and am 99% sure I will be choosing Pacific... was there a facebook page created yet? I will be looking for roommate(s) as well!

Hey guys! I was accepted last week as well and am 99% sure I will be choosing Pacific... was there a facebook page created yet? I will be looking for roommate(s) as well!

congrats! Hope you'll be one of my future classmates! I think annie.may was working on creating a facebook page, so message her with your info so you can be added :)

Yeah UOP is my #1 choice as well. I am still psyched about the news. Have you gotten interviewed at UOP yet? Don't lose hope. If you have any questions regarding UOP/interview, PM me, I am willing to help.

Though I got accepted to my #1 choice, I am still going to Pacific for interview. I have 2 friends after going to interview there they love the school so much. They both got accepted. One will not even go to USC interview (his #1 originally) because he now wants to go to Pacific. Crazy right? (or not!). They say amazing things about the schools and Oregon so I have to go see for myself.

Just want to know what your thoughts are on UoP vs Pacific. I also got accepted to UoP and the only reason I think I would rather go to Oregon is tuition. UoP is about 160K total and Pacific University is about 120K total... From what I here UoP is pretty top notch. I just think 40K is a pretty big difference between them. Any thoughts?

yeah message me your info so I can start the facebook group

Just want to know what your thoughts are on UoP vs Pacific. I also got accepted to UoP and the only reason I think I would rather go to Oregon is tuition. UoP is about 160K total and Pacific University is about 120K total... From what I here UoP is pretty top notch. I just think 40K is a pretty big difference between them. Any thoughts?
Yeah, tuition is the only reason that holds me back from fully committed to UOP. I think you also need to consider where you are going to practice in the future, CA or OR. I'm not sure how competitive Pacific grads are compares to Oregon State grads in OR. In CA, I hear that UOP grads are really desirable by CA employers, especially in NorthCA. I also read somewhere that one third of practicing pharmacists in CA are UOP grads. That is a huge network, which will be beneficial for me because I want to do residency. I'm not sure about Pacific's network and opportunities for residency. Those are things I will ask in my interview.

Yeah, tuition is the only reason that holds me back from fully committed to UOP. I think you also need to consider where you are going to practice in the future, CA or OR. I'm not sure how competitive Pacific grads are compares to Oregon State grads in OR. In CA, I hear that UOP grads are really desirable by CA employers, especially in NorthCA. I also read somewhere that one third of practicing pharmacists in CA are UOP grads. That is a huge network, which will be beneficial for me because I want to do residency. I'm not sure about Pacific's network and opportunities for residency. Those are things I will ask in my interview.

That's a really good point. I didn't think to ask them about residency during my interview with them. If you can, please let me know what they say about that. :) Good luck on your interview!