Pacific University, Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I also got placed on committee hold.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi:) I have my interview on the 19th. Do you have any advice? Did you prepare for interview? If so what questions?

Hi I did not really prepare but I think if you are personable, and true to the interviewers of who you are you will be fine. I was nervous, and actually lost my train of thought answering a question lol. Check out the interview feedbacks. Their questions are very general. Tell me about youself, and why pharmacy? No trick questions. Just know yourself well and you will be great! I hope some more people pop up on here with acceptances soon! Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure they decline a good amount and place those who they think will fare well in committee hold. It's the reason they tell you to apply early. Honestly I'm glad I'm on hold I didn't want to get accepted pay the deposit then get accepted at my first choice too.

I'm pretty sure they decline a good amount and place those who they think will fare well in committee hold. It's the reason they tell you to apply early. Honestly I'm glad I'm on hold I didn't want to get accepted pay the deposit then get accepted at my first choice too.

very true :) which school is your first choice if you mind me asking?

Hey, congratulations on be accepted! Do you have a bachelors degree?

Last edited:
Woo hooo!
I interviews on Nov 5th and was accepted! Just got a call yesterday afternoon! =]

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I did not really prepare but I think if you are personable, and true to the interviewers of who you are you will be fine. I was nervous, and actually lost my train of thought answering a question lol. Check out the interview feedbacks. Their questions are very general. Tell me about youself, and why pharmacy? No trick questions. Just know yourself well and you will be great! I hope some more people pop up on here with acceptances soon! Good luck!!

which school do u want to go to?

congratulations villorr! ! :) i really like pacific, and i love oregon :) we shall see! my family would prefer that i stay instate, but i am definitely accepting pacific university though. how about you??

congratuations! :) is pacific your first choice?

I actually really wanted to stay in CA. My first choice (UOP) put me on hold :(
During my visit, I really liked Oregon. I thought it was super gorgeous! I got two acceptance on the same day, so I'm still debating if I want to go to Pacific or not.
And congrats to you too!! Do you plan on attending Pacific?

I actually really wanted to stay in CA. My first choice (UOP) put me on hold :(
During my visit, I really liked Oregon. I thought it was super gorgeous! I got two acceptance on the same day, so I'm still debating if I want to go to Pacific or not.
And congrats to you too!! Do you plan on attending Pacific?

Do you mind sharing what's the other school that you got the acceptance from? and what's your rationale when choosing between the two?

Do you mind sharing what's the other school that you got the acceptance from? and what's your rationale when choosing between the two?

I was also accepted to Touro in CA. I'm not sure how I'm planning to chose between the two, but I'm probably making a pro and con list haha!
I really like Oregon and the environment and it's a 3 yr program which makes it much cheaper. However, Touro is in CA and i'm from CA so I really want to stay in state. So at the end I have to see which school will fit me better not only in my studies but also in the environment I will be living it.

I was also accepted to Touro in CA. I'm not sure how I'm planning to chose between the two, but I'm probably making a pro and con list haha!
I really like Oregon and the environment and it's a 3 yr program which makes it much cheaper. However, Touro is in CA and i'm from CA so I really want to stay in state. So at the end I have to see which school will fit me better not only in my studies but also in the environment I will be living it.

oh cool! Have you paid the deposit for either school yet? Touro's deposit is $2000! i think it's the most for any school...

Does anyone know if Pacific University will allow applicants who were granted an interview to defer their interview to a later date?

My guess is yes. I really don't see any reason why they wouldn't let you. You may as well call them and explain your situation.

oh cool! Have you paid the deposit for either school yet? Touro's deposit is $2000! i think it's the most for any school...

Is it really?? wow, touro is expensive in every aspect! haha.
I haven't placed a deposit yet because I haven't received my official letter in the mail from either schools yet. Plus, I haven't decided haha...

So I guess my application was on hold for a later interview cycle, but was just notified of an opening and offered to interview this Saturday. Not much time to prepare, but am looking forward to the opportunity!

I am going to have to fly out right after my interview at MWU to make it in time, and am really hoping that one of them pays off with an acceptance!

Oooh, congrats on the interview invite! Heheh, I saw your post in the MWU thread so I guess your interview this Friday and my interview there this past Monday will be reviewed by the admissions committee at the same time.

Anyways, this makes it 4 of us on here that will be interviewing this Saturday.

- Sanyu
- TSJ21
- schoolerrx
- ZRx

I wonder how many other people not on SDN will be there as well. o.o

Oooh, congrats on the interview invite! Heheh, I saw your post in the MWU thread so I guess your interview this Friday and my interview there this past Monday will be reviewed by the admissions committee at the same time.

- Sanyu
- TSJ21
- schoolerrx
- ZRx

Hi Sanyu! Many people I spoke with at my interviews have not heard of SDN unfortunately! There are roughly ~65+/- candidates per interview :) Good luck on the interviews everyone!

:love:

Hi Sanyu! Many people I spoke with at my interviews have not heard of SDN unfortunately! There are roughly ~65+/- candidates per interview :) Good luck on the interviews everyone!

:love:

Omggg 65+ ?!? That's so scaryyyyy. I've only been to 2 interviews and my first one had 6 people, my second had 15.. so 65?? @_@ I think I'm going to die.. >_<

So I guess my application was on hold for a later interview cycle, but was just notified of an opening and offered to interview this Saturday. Not much time to prepare, but am looking forward to the opportunity!

I am going to have to fly out right after my interview at MWU to make it in time, and am really hoping that one of them pays off with an acceptance!

Same here, I was on hold, but got an invite to the interview last night. So many things to take care of at the last minute now...

yeah the short notice threw my plans for a loop, but I figure you gotta take advantage of every opportunity.

I also have heard that they are interviewing a large group (75) which is a bit unnerving, but i figure everyone else is going through the same emotions so i shouldn't worry about it so much.

- Sanyu
- TSJ21
- schoolerrx
- ZRx
I

I got into my top choice school so I canceled my interview at Pacific, hopefully it gives a great candidate out there a chance to interview!

I wonder of the 75 people that get interviewed how many get put on committee hold...? Does anyone have experiences on being on com hold or know anyone and their end result?

I got into my top choice school so I canceled my interview at Pacific, hopefully it gives a great candidate out there a chance to interview!

Congrats! ^_^

I wonder of the 75 people that get interviewed how many get put on committee hold...? Does anyone have experiences on being on com hold or know anyone and their end result?

With an interview invite you have ~30% of getting accepted. They accept ~20 people per interview date and there are 5 interviews total. Not sure how many are placed on committee hold, but those who are placed on committee hold from the first and second interviews have the greatest chances of getting accepted later. After the second interview it becomes more competitive because of the number of seats available.

C/O 2013 had people pulled from the third (last) tier of the wait list.
C/O 2014 made it through a good chunk of the second tier, but I'm not sure how far.

With an interview invite you have ~30% of getting accepted. They accept ~20 people per interview date and there are 5 interviews total. Not sure how many are placed on committee hold, but those who are placed on committee hold from the first and second interviews have the greatest chances of getting accepted later. After the second interview it becomes more competitive because of the number of seats available.

30% chance. That sounds intimidating D: But I guess it's not so bad. About 1 in 3..

Thanks for the feedback on the com hold question. I thought there is only 4 interview dates at Pacific. Everyone who has a interview tomorrow, good luck.

Hi has anyone that has been accepted submitted the background check?

wut luck,i got my acceptance call on 11/11/11!! :laugh:

Congrats on your acceptance! When was your application confirm by Pacific and when did they send you the interview invitation? I'm trying to figure out how long will it take till I hear back from them. Thanks

Thanks for the feedback on the com hold question. I thought there is only 4 interview dates at Pacific. Everyone who has a interview tomorrow, good luck.

Last year there were 5 interview days, but this year there are only 4.

Good luck to all y'all who are interviewing tomorrow! : )

well the interview is over and i'm just waiting to catch a flight home after a long (but exciting) weekend!

I thought the interviews were very reasonable and MUCH more relaxed than I anticipated a 2-vs-1 interview would be. I felt it went really well but am concerned my interviewers may not have as much pull with the acceptance committee since they were a community pharmacist and a p1 student. Thats just a theory in my head though, does anyone know if different interviewers have more/less pull on their recommendations to the committee?

well the interview is over and i'm just waiting to catch a flight home after a long (but exciting) weekend!

I thought the interviews were very reasonable and MUCH more relaxed than I anticipated a 2-vs-1 interview would be. I felt it went really well but am concerned my interviewers may not have as much pull with the acceptance committee since they were a community pharmacist and a p1 student. Thats just a theory in my head though, does anyone know if different interviewers have more/less pull on their recommendations to the committee?

i'm pretty sure the interviewers "pull" with the committee are all the same (regardless of their current status).

i'm pretty sure the interviewers "pull" with the committee are all the same (regardless of their current status).

I'm sure you are probably right, I am just sometimes prone to over thinking and quantifying things to unrealistic and absurd depths

I'm sure you are probably right, I am just sometimes prone to over thinking and quantifying things to unrealistic and absurd depths

it's okay i am same way sometimes!

good luck!! i hope you hear back from them soon ;)

At the interview they said it would take about 2 weeks for us to hear a response, but I really hope that they'll let us know before Thanksgiving. Having to wait for after Thanksgiving seems like such a long time.. But with the amount of people they interviewed it seems unlikely that they'd be able to get back to all of us before Thanksgiving.

At the interview they said it would take about 2 weeks for us to hear a response, but I really hope that they'll let us know before Thanksgiving. Having to wait for after Thanksgiving seems like such a long time.. But with the amount of people they interviewed it seems unlikely that they'd be able to get back to all of us before Thanksgiving.

Seemed to take around a week for the first interview to hear anything.

OMG I got in :D I went out to the kitchen to eat a banana, came back and saw I had a missed call from 503 area code and a voicemail. Checked it and I got accepted~ Guess my prayers were answered after all

acceptances are sent via email and by phone, so if you missed their call, check your email as well.